Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Daily Low-Carb Support > Atkins Diet
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#16   ^
Old Thu, Jul-31-03, 14:06
Registered Member

Plan: atkins
Stats: 163/159/150 Female 70
BF:
Progress: 31%

some advice given to me when i wasnt losing and didnt know what happened was to
first: watch my calories.. didnt think i needed to, but found i was eating 19-2000 per day which is way too much for me, carbs or no.

and second: make sure that the ratios are good --70% fat, 25% protein and 5% carbs. was told that excess protein will be stored as fat. i was eating 40-50% protein and had to change that.

my personal opinion-- to really see the weight come off, i had to stop things like nuts, SF choc, atkins bars, shakes & low carb baking for a few days. eating them isnt techncially 'cheating' but still.. all these are to be treats, not a daily or in my case, twice daily occurance. once i stopped and went on strict induction (where i dumped the 'fun' stuff, started monitoring ratios and calories) is when i started losing again. just my experience..
Sponsored Links
  #17   ^
Old Thu, Jul-31-03, 14:10
Registered Member

Plan: atkins
Stats: 163/159/150 Female 70
BF:
Progress: 31%

btw, i too know how frustrating it is to lose only a little over a course of weeks. i finishing my 3rd week and have only lost 4lbs but i only had 13 to lose too. so i guess the theory holds up-- you lose 10% of it during the first couple of weeks. Hang in there!!
  #18   ^
Old Thu, Jul-31-03, 14:14

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 260/230/200 Male 5'9
BF:
Progress:

Do you weigh yourself daily? If you do. Stop! It will (and maybe already has) drive you nuts. Once a week.
  #19   ^
Old Thu, Jul-31-03, 19:23

Plan: CAD
Stats: 148/127.5/124 Female 5ft
BF:28%/25%/20
Progress: 85%

As I posted earlier it was the calories that were the problem for me. I was between 20-40 carbs before and after high cal. but since I started watching that I am losing. Another 1/2lb today. That is 3 1/2 in about 4 days. I like jettafer was eating 1900-2000 plus with the cream cr cheese, butter, nuts etc. My coffee alone was unbelievable when I stopped to think about it!

I had posted for weeks trying to figure it out. Keep with it!
  #20   ^
Old Thu, Jul-31-03, 21:18

Plan: Dr. Atkins & M & E fast
Stats: 160/153/140 Female 5ft7inces and 3/4"
BF:
Progress: 35%
Default Hi!

Then there is Diana who has been on Atkins since March 8th, and only lost 3 or 4 lbs I have had the odd glass of wine, but mostly I have been a good girl!!!!!
  #21   ^
Old Fri, Aug-01-03, 07:06
Registered Member

Plan: Atkins, Low carb
Stats: 157/135/130 Female 5'4''
BF:
Progress: 81%

I have around 25-35 carbs/day and am losing approx. 1 pound every 1-2 weeks. Kind of slow, but, I am trying to be patient because Atkins does state you should aim to lose 5% of your desired weight loss per month...and thats what I am doing. It is very frustrating at times though!
  #22   ^
Old Fri, Aug-01-03, 08:21
Registered Member

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 170/156/145 Female 5"9"
BF:
Progress:
Default Slow Weight Loss

I was becoming a bit frustrated because the scale hadn't changed in weeks. Then I decided to use Fitday and see if there was anything I was doing wrong. BINGO!! I didn't realize how quickly all those little carbs add up. Here I was so sure that I was staying at least at 20g but found that I was actually at 37 and some days undoubtedly higher. I wasn't counting "little" things like mustard. Also, I use only 2T of half n half in my coffee but also something like 1/2-1 cup of heavy cream making my Italian Sodas. One soda with that much cream added up to 10g! So, now I'm going to be very disciplined. I have only 11 pounds to go. I just want to break the stall and I'll be happy.
SherylH