Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > New Members & Low-Carbers > Newbies' Questions
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#16   ^
Old Thu, Jul-17-03, 05:38
Registered Member

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 221/213/150 Female 5'8
BF:
Progress: 11%

I lost 3lbs from 07/01/03-07/16/03 then on the nite of the 16th I ate 2 very large bowls of edys ice cream and lost 3lbs more after I had be following atkins to the T I mean I was really sticking with it then I decide screw it and gave in ,, and lost weight heh thats wild.... maybe my met. was way down... anyways today Im switching to Scarsdale Medical Diet.. I have lost on that diet and it was not bad... alot like atkins diet but has fruit ... anyways I will keep you all informed on how it goes for me
Sponsored Links
  #17   ^
Old Thu, Jul-17-03, 05:46

Plan: atkins
Stats: 227/212/135 Female 5'2"
BF:
Progress: 16%

Hi Summer....what do you mean by met was down? I want to stick with the atkins plan for at least 2 weeks.....i have been on induction forever it seems, and i do want to add 1/2 of hi fiber cereal beginning Aug 4
  #18   ^
Old Thu, Jul-17-03, 07:47

Stats: 214/194/150 Female 5'4"
BF:
Progress:

I'm still plugging away. I can't give up, because even if I haven't lost more, I haven't gained either. I know that I am eating more than what I would be able to calorie wise on any other eating plan. So, I'm not starving. Inches aren't dropping off, but I did check this morning and I am getting a bit smaller. Half an inch here and there. I guess I just thought that the first 20 would come off fairly easy. That isn't happening at all. Thanks for the support. I know that without someone (s) to talk to, I'd probably give up. As for my scale....one of my ferrets backed up to it last night and let it have it. I feel the same way!
Marrilee
  #19   ^
Old Thu, Jul-17-03, 08:11
The evolution of me

Stats: 273/182/160 Female 5' 4"
BF:
Progress: 81%

A half inch here and there is AWESOME!! I swear you are looking at this all wrong.

Wouldn't you rather be a size smaller then weigh 10lbs less and no one be able to tell you???

You are doing great!!!
  #20   ^
Old Thu, Jul-17-03, 08:50

Stats: 214/194/150 Female 5'4"
BF:
Progress:

I suppose that is a better way to look at it over all. I know that there are no quick fixes. I have struggled with my weight all my life, but managed to keep it under control until 35. I didn't get the part of the manual that said we fall apart at 40, but I seemed to. Thanks for the encouragement and advice. You really help put things into prespective.
Marrilee
  #21   ^
Old Thu, Jul-17-03, 09:14

Stats: 136.6/134.2/120 Female 64 inches
BF:
Progress: 14%

I guess the ferret has great animal instincts!

I would think that if the inches are coming of the weight will soon follow. It seems like a lot of people experience the inches first, followed by the weight loss. This board is definitely helped. There are so many experiences of so many different people, it seems that at least a couple of people can relate to any situation.

Keep at it, a lot of people swear by it!

Also. good luck summerbree, I hope you do well with your new plan. :-)
  #22   ^
Old Tue, Jul-29-03, 19:36
Registered Member

Stats: 221/213/150 Female 5'8
BF:
Progress: 11%

I can lose inches and not pounds?
  #23   ^
Old Tue, Jul-29-03, 19:51

Stats: 202/128/125 Female 5'3"
BF:
Progress: 96%

I am a WW dropout too. Honestly, I lost 50 lbs. on it but I was starving and when I got tired of starving, I gained it all back plus. Atkins keeps me from feelin hungry so I honestly think I have found my WOL. I love it. The only thing I would add to what's already been said is you might consider what time of the month it is. That is something that plaques us women. I stay away from the scale during TOM because even though I know what it is, it's still discouraging. Lastly, don't base your mood on the number on the scale. I did that for a lot of years and it accomplishes nothing. I personally weigh once a week but just remember there are other things that can influence the scale besides actual fat. Good luck and hang in there! You don't really have a lot more to go.
Lori
  #24   ^
Old Wed, Jul-30-03, 18:38

Plan: atkins
Stats: 202/185/140 Female 5'3
BF:
Progress: 27%

Summerbree!!!!

Where the heck you been girl I've been looking all over for you!!...You need to start a journal see then I could visit with you...No you make me go through all the trouble of looking for you lol...In the meantime come visit me, I'm the lady with same kind of hubby as you lol...I'll be watching for you...
  #25   ^
Old Wed, Jul-30-03, 19:54

Plan: General low carb
Stats: 257/239/220 Female 5ft. 7 1/2in.
BF:
Progress: 49%

Hi, I think it is great to read how supportive each of you are for the other. One thing I need to remind myself of is---What are my measurements showing. I do not really care if I weigh 200 pounds if I can get into a size 12. I know that is an exaggeration--but don't for get measurements. For me, when I am not losing pounds, I am usually losing inches. Hang in there--keep on keeping on --one day at a time!!! Aleka