Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Daily Low-Carb Support > Atkins Diet
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#16   ^
Old Mon, Jun-09-03, 13:47
"Natural Mystic"

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 178/108/120 Female 5' 1"
BF:45%/17%/15%
Progress: 121%

I eat about 1 oz as a serving which is approximately 10-12 nuts according to fitday!

Peace
red
Sponsored Links
  #17   ^
Old Mon, Jun-09-03, 13:55

Plan: First Atkins, now South Beach
Stats: 165/160/140 Female 5'3"
BF:
Progress: 20%
Default Re: nuts

Quote:
Originally posted by becaboos
From what I read in the book, induction is only the first 2 weeks. Even if you are still only doing 20 carbs a day and still following the induction phase.. You are past induction after the second week. or 14th day but if someone has more info please tell..

Induction can and often lasts more than two weeks. But I see your confusion because in DANDR Dr. Atkins refers several times to avoiding nuts DURING THE FIRST TWO WEEKS OF INDUCTION. He doesn't say "during induction no nuts" but only during the first two weeks. I have wondered about that though.
  #18   ^
Old Mon, Jun-09-03, 14:02
Resident Loud Mouth

Plan: Retrying
Stats: 239.2/150.6/120 Female 5'2"
BF:
Progress: 74%

Quote:
Originally posted by becaboos
From what I read in the book, induction is only the first 2 weeks. Even if you are still only doing 20 carbs a day and still following the induction phase.. You are past induction after the second week. or 14th day but if someone has more info please tell..

I think induction lasts at least two weeks, but can last longer. It means sticking to the rules and allowed foods for induction though. I limit myself to 20g carb a day, but I've increased my veggies, allow nuts, and the occasional berry treat. While my carbs are opnly 20g or less, because of the food choices I am more on OWL then induction.
  #19   ^
Old Mon, Jun-09-03, 14:16

Stats: 235/208/140 Female 5'6"
BF:
Progress: 28%

I just mesure 1/4 cup and take them with me to watch t.v or something and put the rest away. so you guys are telling me because its past 2 weeks and I eat macadamia nuts i am not in induction? I keep under 20 grams a day and macadamia nuts are the only thing outside the induction menu I eat.
  #20   ^
Old Mon, Jun-09-03, 14:18
Resident Loud Mouth

Plan: Retrying
Stats: 239.2/150.6/120 Female 5'2"
BF:
Progress: 74%

Quote:
so you guys are telling me because its past 2 weeks and I eat macadamia nuts i am not in induction? I keep under 20 grams a day and macadamia nuts are the only thing outside the induction menu I eat.

The allowed foods list is strict, but if you are loosing weight I wouldn't worry about it. The induction is strick to break cravings and the way your body processes.
  #21   ^
Old Mon, Jun-09-03, 14:19

Stats: 235/208/140 Female 5'6"
BF:
Progress: 28%

cool thanksfor your support!