Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Low-Carb Support Focus Groups > Emotional Issues & Body Image
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#16   ^
Old Mon, Jun-02-03, 06:35

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 153/139/120
BF:
Progress: 42%

lynn/linda.....good luck to you! Also, check out the recipes on this website; there is a wealth of information and ideas! Be done beating yourself up for your "cheat" and move on.....
Sponsored Links
  #17   ^
Old Mon, Jun-02-03, 10:51
Registered Member

Plan: NHE
Stats: 145/138/120
BF:
Progress: 28%
Default Macronutrient Cycling

Since I am on NHE, I have two planned binges per week. The rest of the time, when other people are pigging out in front of my face, I just tell myself to quit the pity party and delay the gratification for a couple more days. It works for me! I have my "carb loads" at night, so I can go to bed after (as instructed). Even though I "enjoy" what I'm eating, I become non-functional! I blow up like a toad, get sleepy, no brain function, etc., so you're wondering why do it at all...you'd have to read the book, to understand the reasons. There's another plan that is similar, but the "carb loads" are on a different cycle. It is called The Metabolic Diet by Mario DiPasquale(sp). With that one, you low-carb during the week, and binge on the weekend. I haven't studied that one in great detail, though. Technically, these plans are considered "macronutrient cycling." Like I said, the biggest advantage I see for doing this is psychological. It makes you feel less deprived than if you cut out all pleasure foods forever. Contrary to the advice in my NHE book, I've entertained the idea that maybe I'd get better results if I went onto something stricter like Atkins. But for now, since I am a recovering sugar-holic, this is at least keeping me in maintenance mode. Plus, it gives my family some tiny glimpse of understanding...family eating habits is a SORE, SORE subject...we won't even go there!!!
  #18   ^
Old Mon, Jun-02-03, 17:31
Registered Member

Plan: atkins
Stats: 195/176/120 Female 65"
BF:35%/25%/20%
Progress: 19%

Thanks Louisa!
Yes, I have put the cheat behind me and have done very well today. I did look at some of the recipes on the site as well and the cheese snacks. They look like the best replacement for movie popcorn - that's a relief! I won't feel deprived or have guilt. Yeah