Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Local Low-Carbers & Support Groups > U.S.
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#16   ^
Old Tue, May-27-03, 18:25

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 190/155/145 Female 5'8''
BF:30%/26.2%/23%
Progress: 78%

I swear I will start a journal soon. My compter will be down for a few days, I'll do it after that. I was going to PM you, Jamian, but it won't let me for some reason.
I'll be back in a couple of days!
Sponsored Links
  #17   ^
Old Thu, May-29-03, 09:34

Plan: My own
Stats: 120/125/95 Female 4'11''
BF:
Progress: -20%
Default back!

hey guys- i'm back from the trip. glad to see people are hanging out here. let me know if anyone is interested in meeting up sometime...i think it should be fun.

has anyone heard of le carb dairy drink? man, i can not wait till that gets to california! yum- finally milk!
  #18   ^
Old Mon, Jun-02-03, 09:49

BF:

okee- trying to keep this link current =) hope everyone is doing well. just thought i'd provide some resources for lc goodies for our northern cali peeps:

greenbeanz- fremont, san ramon
cupertino nutrition- cupertino
trader joes- various
albertsons, safeway, nob hill, pw markets carry lc tortillas and atkins products
  #19   ^
Old Mon, Jun-02-03, 15:28

Stats: 158/146.4/138 Female 5'9"
BF:
Progress: 58%

I'm from Stockton and our Trader Joes must really suck compared to everyone elses. Ours has a few things, but not a whole lot of LC stuff. The only useful stuff I've seen there is the plain flavor of LTF LC tortillas, carb safe cookies, and a few varieties of carb safe and maybe a couple other brands of candies. I think they also had Atkins crunchers, and some protein powders, but people say they've gotten all kinds of stuff at Trader Joes that I can't find at ours. Oh well. I've done okay with the stuff I have found, don't really need anything else.

Jamian
  #20   ^
Old Mon, Jun-02-03, 17:02

Stats: 205/178/125 Female 5'4" (ft & Inches)
BF:Tons not sure
Progress: 34%

Hi! I am in Southern California and I am doing Atkins I am in my Induction Period now.. I am a 25 year old Female so I just wanted to say hello!
  #21   ^
Old Tue, Jun-03-03, 09:32

BF:

hi new girl from so cal =) welcome! congrats on starting lc...you'll have to let us know how things progress.

product update: located the new soy slender milk by west soy at pw market. they have cappiccino (i'm a horrible speller), chocolate and vanilla flavors. i'm tempted to buy the capp, but at 2.64- pricey. then i thought- shoot, i can just add da vinci syrup to regular unsweetened milk and that would be the same thing right? anyway....just wanted to let you folks know about the latest (oh..4 total carbs-choc has 5; 3 fiber)

oh another thing- i heard that da vinci syrups have carbs in them...=( its due to the flavorings that they use. this bums me out intensely........sigh.

another question for everyone out there- are there any entrepenuers in our midst?
  #22   ^
Old Wed, Jun-04-03, 08:25

BF:

hola and happy wednesday. hope all is well out there in the low carb world. the weather right now is pretty cruddy- and i thought we were in california??

wish more people would visit the local lcbers forum. it would be so much fun to have a get together! don't you think???
  #23   ^
Old Wed, Jun-04-03, 16:10
Registered Member

Plan: My Own
Stats: 150/143/135 Female 67
BF:25%/22%/17%
Progress: 47%
Talking San Francisco here

Just found this thread, wish I'd found it sooner! I'm in SF and love the Bay Area, but am moving to NYC in August with my bf (he's headed to NYU for business school). I love Cali though, hopefully I'll end up out here for good one day.

Just wanted to say hello, hope you all are having a good wednesday........almost quittin' time!!

P.S. I love my Trader Joe's...we have two here in the city!
  #24   ^
Old Wed, Jun-04-03, 23:21

BF:

Hey Loveydovey,
Glad to see another new face in here. Too bad you're leaving. San Francisco is such a crazy, fun place. I'm sure you'll do great in NYC too. I'm a small town girl, so I'd go insane living in such a huge crowded place, but it sounds like you'll have fun.

Jamian
  #25   ^
Old Thu, Jun-05-03, 09:01

BF:

thursday- just one more day until friday =) yippee!

hope all you californians are doing well this morning. too bad there's gonna be a cool down this weekend =(

anyway, what's new in the low carb world? i just discovered that the ultimate lo carb bar is the only bar that is sweetened with stevia! how cool is that. besides that, there's no weird stuff in it like palm oil or hydrogenated blah blah blah. the only hang up is that it has glycerin...

the world of gum:
trident cinnamon and dentyene (spelling) fire cinnamon are both sweetened with sucralose and have no aspartame or phenylaline in them.

walmart sells pure de-lite chocs for like .94 cents- go walmart!

big lots has huge boxes of 40 pc pure de-lite chocolate hazelnut truffles for 3.99- YUM

longs drugs carries bavalier sf chocolates- they have boxes of these chocs with ecc 4

walgreens has carbolite bars and cookies for sale this week

check safeway- some have simply sugar free brittle and candy!

walgreens, kmart, rite aid carry fruit20

trader joes (of course): lc bread, lc tortillas, unsweetened soy milk, carbolite candies, lc cookies, lc candy.

hope this helps!
  #26   ^
Old Thu, Jun-05-03, 17:07
Registered Member

Talking

jamian,

i also grew up in small town so nyc is going to be an adjustment. i've just gotten used to SF (and it's a whole lot smaller than the big apple!) anyway, it should be an experience.

just spent almost all day in the recipe section of this site getting ideas for breakfast. the mock danish, protein pancakes and french toast sound soooooooo good! i'm getting sick of eggs!
  #27   ^
Old Fri, Jun-06-03, 08:26

BF:
Default hi lovey =)

you're gonna LOVE NYC. i love it and i'm from the bay area. there is so much to do and see! i'm jealous you're going there! don't forget to check out free shakespeare in the park (i think you'll be there when they start that)...it starts famous people- last year was julia stiles and jimmy smitz.

also the musicals and plays! you can get rush tix (day of) for like 15-20 bucks and orchestra!

the food is incredible too- i hear there's a low carb latino restaurant there...you'll have to tell me how it is.

the subway systems is AWESOME. i love it- so convienent and lets you explore the city.

check out the village, union square and of course times square..good luck and i can't wait to hear from ya! plus- there are nutrition stores on every corner- plenty of low carb products!
  #28   ^
Old Sat, Jun-07-03, 08:55
Registered Member

Plan: Atkins, CAD NOW
Stats: 165/145/125
BF:
Progress: 50%

Oakland in the HOUSE!!! WOO WOO!!!
haha, had to do that! so i am in the east bay. just graduated from art school, do sculpture. work in a fish market. started low carb about 6 weeks ago. first atkins, now giving CAD a go. i dont think my body wants to give up the last 15lbs. i have found some low carb products in the area, mostly at longs, and i havent even looked at trader joes. i did just place a huge order at netrition but it hasnt come yet.

heather
  #29   ^
Old Sat, Jun-07-03, 12:17
Registered Member

satihap,

i'm getting more and more excited about NYC everyday! i grew up in connecticut, so i've been to the city a fair amount, but always with people who knew where they were going, were familiar w/ the subways, etc so i just sort of followed them around. but i'm really looking forward to learning how to get around for myself. there's going to be so much to do and see, and i'll also be a lot closer to my family!

i'm also relieved that there's lots of nutrition stores around w/ low carb foods. i was a little worried about that!

heather - O Town in the house! that's cool you're right over the bridge. safeway, TJ's, and albertson's all have low carb stuff. i also found a few places nearby that have Keto products for sale, but they're pricey. the oatmeal and cereal are pretty good, but i dont like the bars so much. they tasted really, really sweet for some reason. enter your zip code at http://www.ketofoods.com to find stores around you that sell their products.

hope everyone's having a fabulous weekend!
  #30   ^
Old Sat, Jun-07-03, 18:02

BF:

Hey, artnymph, cool name. I always wanted to be a nymph or an elf or something, they're so lovely. So how is CAD working for you? I'm on Atkins and have heard a little about CAD, like it's good for people who have times when they just can't stop eating (isn't that everyone though?) Can you get the addiction test anywhere but from the book? I haven't been able to find it.

Jamian