Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Daily Low-Carb Support > Atkins Diet
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Wed, Apr-30-03, 14:27

Plan: ATKINS
Stats: 180/151/125
BF:
Progress: 53%

Keto chips are aweful, in my opinion,

However,, the Carbsence Soy Tortilla chips are sooo good, I am afraid to place another order, I am not exagerating, the pico flavour is great, want to try nacho cheese, but that flavour is not available in Canada yet, can get these on any Low Carb Site.

I meant it,,, better than Doritos and full of good for you stuff too.

I should be their spokes person ah. lol.

Now I want them..........
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Wed, Apr-30-03, 15:50

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 255.5/184.5/185 Male 73
BF:
Progress: 101%

Quote:
whyspers: Someone posted about something called Just the Cheese or something like that made in Wisconsin.
Cheese chips are fairly easy to make. Here's a recipe for making these chips from comté cheese, but any hard cheese seems work.
  #3   ^
Old Wed, Apr-30-03, 15:56

Plan: BFC
Stats: 182/161/150 Female 5'4"
BF:dont.wanna.know
Progress: 66%

I've tried the cheese "chips" but I put some shredded cheese in the microwave on a plate and cooked it that way....I can't remember how long I did it though, I just threw it back in until it got crispy.....now I'm craving one....better go and make some!!
  #4   ^
Old Wed, Apr-30-03, 16:02

Plan: HCG/LCHF
Stats: 224/201/190 Female 5'6"
BF:
Progress: 68%

I tried the Just the Cheese, Low Sodium Cheddar. They were pretty good, but tasted just a little bit stale. I figure they're not worth the hassle, when it's so easy to make your own. I find that shredded Parmesan works best, cos the cheddar just oozes out fat. I tried Jalapeno Jack the other day and same thing, didn't hold its shape too well. I understand that there are lots of cheeses that work with this and I imagine you could use a low-sodium cheese if the salt worries you.
  #5   ^
Old Wed, Apr-30-03, 17:54
Registered Member

Stats: 240/214/160
BF:
Progress: 33%

More chip alternatives: I just got some items from Low Carb Grocery that I trying right now. So far I'm lik'n um'!!

"Low Carb Chef Plain Good Crackers" and "Cheeters Plain Crackers" - both expensive but a nice serving for minimal carbs.

#6   ^
Old Wed, Apr-30-03, 20:29

Plan: Maintenence-Atkins
Stats: 160/129/140 Female 5'4"
BF:
Progress: 155%

Definetely the CarbSense Tortilla chips!! They are awesome. One thing I also do is take a low carb tortilla and put it on a baking sheet and cut it into 6 wedges (but kept together)....bake it for 10 mins and then put taco meat & cheese on top and bake again for 5-7 mins...then put black olives, jalapenos, onions, sour cream and a taco bell sauce packet. Soooo good.....kinda reminds me of a quesadilla.
Vicky
  #7   ^
Old Thu, May-01-03, 06:55

Stats: 195/154/125 Female 5'0"
BF:never measured it
Progress: 59%
Default Get Dr. Atkins Crunchers!

Try the ATkins Crunchers... I love 'em ! They come in little bags like those little Fritos bags and they are 5g per bag. They are made from soy so they are really filling and full of protein; I find that a half a bag at 2.5 grams is a great snack. They come in barbecue, sour cream & onion, other flavors. You can order them online from the Atkins Nutritionals website or via phone from their catalog. I have been known to take a bag with me to a Mexican restaurant and chow down on guacamole with them!

hope you like 'em

jsandrock
  #8   ^
Old Sat, Jun-07-03, 18:14

Plan: General Low-Carb
Stats: 225/181/175 Female 5'11"
BF:
Progress: 88%

I just bought a bag of Carb Sense tortilla chips in my low carb Frankenfood spending spree at The Health Nut. And they were fantastic! You can sort of taste the nuts in them, which I actually prefer.

I just made a plate of nachos like I used to make with my dad growing up, smothering the chips in shredded cheese and nuking them (I like my nachos on the bland side). I told myself as I was carrying the plate to my room that if these were any good, I can low-carb the rest of my life.

And they were DELICIOUS!

So I guess that point is settled.

I also bought the Keto Chips, nacho cheese flavor, and tried a couple. They didn't taste all that bad to me.
  #9   ^
Old Sat, Jun-07-03, 18:48

Plan: South Beach
Stats: 135/123.0/120 Female 5 feet 2 inches
BF:
Progress: 80%

I posted earlier in this thread saying I heard of and wanted to try the CarbSense tortilla chips. Well, I have tried them, pico de gallo flavor to be exact and they were great! It was nice to be able to dip a chip into salsa. And they also tasted good by themselves!
  #10   ^
Old Mon, Jun-09-03, 12:35

Plan: ATKINS
Stats: 180/151/125
BF:
Progress: 53%

Carbsense has the best ever chips, Tortilla chips, low carb high fibre, and a spicey pico, which is better than doritos in my opinion.

They sell them on all low carb sites... even Canadian ones.

you got to try these,
  #11   ^
Old Mon, Jun-09-03, 12:46
Resident Loud Mouth

Plan: Retrying
Stats: 239.2/150.6/120 Female 5'2"
BF:
Progress: 74%

For tortilla chips I would put the cut up tortillas in the oven sprayed with pam and turning part way through. There are recipes online for baked homeade tortilla chips. They came out nice and crisp, as long as you don't burn them, ick. And to me tasted a ton better then the store bought. These were with whole wheat tortillas though, not LC.
  #12   ^
Old Mon, Jun-09-03, 13:17
Registered Member

Stats: 167/159/150
BF:
Progress: 47%

Can you buy the Carb Sense Tortilla chips in a store in Vancouver, BC?
  #13   ^
Old Mon, Jun-09-03, 14:32

Stats: 235/180.2/175 Female 5 feet 9 inches
BF:
Progress: 91%

Quote:
Originally posted by cptkirk
I have read in one of the other forums that baking grated cheese (in chip size piles) works well. I think they baked it on parchment paper. I've yet to try it but it sounds promising.

I tried these they are beyond wonderful!