Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Exercise Forums: Active Low-Carbers > Gym Logs
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#271   ^
Old Sat, Jan-24-15, 22:15

Plan: Suzanne Somers; LC
Stats: 182.5/158/105 Female 5'
BF:Melting!
Progress: 32%
Default Sat Jan 24

I am housesitting in Idaho for my ex-coworker - I have 8 acres to walk on - it is pasture but it makes for a good walk. Out in the country. This AM I walked with the border collie and we played Frisbee along the way, this evening we walked around the perimeter again - it is 30 min each time.

Made my goal for the week.

Sun: 35 min treadmill and I stopped counting after 15 times up and down a full flight of stairs

Mon: 30 min treadmill
Wed: 35 min treadmill and 6+ times up and downs stairs
Sat: 60 min walking, (30 min each AM and PM - AM also playing Frisbee with the dog here, and PM playing ball)

total: 2 hrs and 40 min + stairs

**all these pics are lost. The phone I had at the time died, and the computer I used at that time also died... so these are not my pics...**

Last edited by mviesprite : Wed, Apr-01-20 at 09:37.
Sponsored Links
  #272   ^
Old Mon, Jan-26-15, 21:33

Default Mon Jan 26

20 min walk in the pasture with the dog - we didn't play much ball, I think he overdid it Saturday and was limping yesterday - better today but the walk was enough. We didn't go all the way around the pasture, just to the back fence and back down the middle. I was also very tired out today.
**finding pics that were close...**

Last edited by mviesprite : Wed, Apr-01-20 at 09:42.
  #273   ^
Old Tue, Jan-27-15, 14:13

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 199/000/000 Female 5"3'
BF:
Progress: 100%

Sounds like you are doing well! How is your knee taking the uneven pasture?
  #274   ^
Old Tue, Jan-27-15, 14:38

Hi Arlene! Saturday we both overdid it~ I was very sore...in general because it is very uneven, patches of mud, water, and big tufts of field grass...the knee is doing surprisingly well in spite of it though. I even did some - you couldn't call it running, but scooting real fast after the dog with the Frisbee this AM. It's achy but feels different lately. Thanks for dropping in!
  #275   ^
Old Tue, Jan-27-15, 14:41

Default Tues Jan 27

Out in the fog for the AM walk - the dog started out with the ball at the gate, but then I didn't see it and couldn't find it. So we did the 20 min walk - very cold this AM, had gloves and scarf on. We also let little dog out and we all played Frisbee and squeaky toy throw in the yard. Plan on a walk this evening as well.

**evening walk was 40 min, the dog had the Frisbee in his mouth and I found the ball in the field, so we did double throw the toy all the way around the pasture. Was a workout, bending, throwing every 30 feet or so.
Also played ball with little dog when we got back, he doesn't play much but he gets some exercise running around the yard too.
Total today 60 min.

Last edited by mviesprite : Wed, Apr-01-20 at 09:50.
  #276   ^
Old Tue, Jan-27-15, 20:06

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 199/000/000 Female 5"3'
BF:
Progress: 100%

Quote:
It's achy but feels different lately.

hmmm, maybe it just took you a long time to heal? One nice thing is that the old one would have given out with that kind of play, the new one is not perfect but it sounds like you are doing very good with it.
  #277   ^
Old Wed, Jan-28-15, 14:15

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aradasky
hmmm, maybe it just took you a long time to heal? One nice thing is that the old one would have given out with that kind of play, the new one is not perfect but it sounds like you are doing very good with it.

Yes, definitely it had to be done - in all ways it is better than leaving it - I'd be using a cane still and unable to do much or walk far. With all the activity the other is ouchy but it isn't quite as bad as the right one was. That one is my "good" leg still, as in being stronger. Need to work more on strength - I brought my leg exercises with me and really need to start doing them.
I think it did take longer to heal - I also think the high EMF environment possibly causes problems for it - I have seen people's health seriously decline there - and anyone who is pregnant (we've had a few) gets violently ill with morning sickness and doesn't come back. One girl in her first week of work just found out she was pregnant and she was on the floor that week having a miscarriage. I've mentioned before, my pain is worse there, and here away from that I feel better and it seems to be getting better. So one more month out there and I'm done.

Last edited by mviesprite : Wed, Jan-28-15 at 16:35.
  #278   ^
Old Wed, Jan-28-15, 16:37

Default Wed Jan 28

AM walk in thick fog - with border collie. We only had one toy this AM although the double toy game seems to be standard in the yard and on the evening walk. 20 min. We've also been playing in the yard with both dogs.

**40 min walk with the double toys - he kept the ball in his mouth and I threw the Frisbee which he chased and circled until I threw it again good workout for us both! Also playing in the yard with both dogs when we got back.
Total today 60 min.

Last edited by mviesprite : Wed, Apr-01-20 at 09:56.
  #279   ^
Old Thu, Jan-29-15, 17:16

Default Thu Jan 29

AM walk with border collie - we did Frisbee as our toy of choice this AM, 20 min around the perimeter - he carried the Frisbee more than I threw it. We were a little tired. Not foggy today but overcast.
** PM walk, we were ready to throw Frisbee while he had ice cream cone toy in his mouth the whole time...He's so funny. Today he not only circled the Frisbee when it landed, but also touched it with his nose or paw. When we past the neighbors farm a third of the way down the field, their border collies go crazy barking ...I'm sure they wish they could play too!

I keep forgetting to check the time - we also let little dog out and played more toys/Frisbee so I will say 40 min.
Total today 60 min.

Last edited by mviesprite : Wed, Apr-01-20 at 10:05.
  #280   ^
Old Fri, Jan-30-15, 22:57

Default Fri Jan 30

Just an evening walk with border collie tonight - double Frisbee - he carried one and I threw one - he chased it and circled it until I got to throw it again. Let little dog out when we got back and we all were playing in the yard until it got too dark out. 40 min today.

Last edited by mviesprite : Wed, Apr-01-20 at 10:09.
  #281   ^
Old Sat, Jan-31-15, 12:02

Default Sat Jan 31

I guess I've been short-changing myself for time in the AMs - when I'm very tired and we don't do the entire perimeter of the pasture it is probably 20 min and when border collie doesn't play all the way around. When we do go a little farther is it at least 30, and today I timed it - we went all the way around the edge playing the entire time (I had the Frisbee and he had his toy donut in his mouth) - it was 40 min. Cold and clear last night - this AM we are in a frosted wonderland. Beautiful.

OK - evening I timed the walk - moving slow- tired today, and we started up the middle then cut over - double Frisbee - border collie picked up the yellow Frisbee and went over to the orange one and did his point stance, so that's what we played. A little breezy and I'm not a very good Frisbee thrower so it's a great workout for me as I have to go pick it up and throw it again. 50 min tonight, plus playing with little dog outside after we got back. total today was an hour and a half.

Made my goal for the week:

Mon: walking in pasture playing with dog, AM walk: 20 min
Tue: same, 2 walks: 60 min
Wed: same, 2 walks: 60 min
Thu: same, 2 walks: 60 min
Fri: same, 1 walk: 40 min
Sat: same, 2 walks: 90 min
total 5 1/2 hours
Tue:

Last edited by mviesprite : Wed, Apr-01-20 at 10:14.
  #282   ^
Old Sun, Feb-01-15, 14:22

Default Sun Feb 1

Well, I am doing a lot of cooking today, people are coming back tonight and I need to clean up as well. It is very cold today - icy wind blowing. We didn't do the usual morning walk - I waited til the meatloaf was in the oven and then we went out. Made the mistake of leaving little dog in the yard, he usually stays in when we go, and he got under the fence - he can't be trusted, doesn't come when called, so we were halfway around playing double Frisbee when I had to go catch him and carry him back. I am guessing he's 15 - 17 lbs...it started sprinkling and the wind was blowing against the Frisbee so we gave that up and I huffed and puffed back with little dog. I timed it, it was only 20 min but with added weight...Superbowl today - we may not get in an evening walk.
**I did not have the luxury of a doggie sling**

Last edited by mviesprite : Wed, Apr-01-20 at 10:29.
  #283   ^
Old Mon, Feb-02-15, 13:49

Default Mon Feb 2

Last walk around the pasture with border collie - we got it in before it started raining - 20 min and double Frisbee - I timed it. I will really miss him. I looked forward to that everyday. I fly home tonight and I will assess the exercise situation. The gym and my living space are gutted now so I'll have to make sure I do something for exercise. **discovered the treadmill is moved but plugged in - so at least I have that.

Last edited by mviesprite : Wed, Apr-01-20 at 10:33.
  #284   ^
Old Wed, Feb-04-15, 23:57

Default Wed Feb 5

Very busy - but managed 15 min on the treadmill that is still upstairs but moved and plugged in! No TV right now, but I am reading Keeping Secrets by Suzanne Somers. Up and down full flight of stairs 8 times tonight - getting all my stuff out of the space and ready to go into storage.

Last edited by mviesprite : Wed, Apr-01-20 at 10:41.
  #285   ^
Old Sat, Feb-07-15, 22:52

Default Sat Feb 7

I hauled boxes to the truck and then into storage - I am counting it as about 30 min of lifting and moving.

Did not make my goal this week - very busy.

Sun: 20 min walk in Idaho
Mon: 20 min treadmill
Wed: 15 min treadmill and 8 trips up and down stairs
Sat: 30 min lifting and moving boxes into storage

total: 1 hr 25 min

Last edited by mviesprite : Wed, Apr-01-20 at 10:46.