Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Countdowns, Buddies & Challenges
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#271   ^
Old Sat, Mar-16-02, 13:31
Registered Member

Plan: Low Carb
Stats: 167/125/115
BF:
Progress: 81%
Default WOW!

Louise,

All I can say is...WOW!

You look absolutely wonderful. I have to say you even looker younger. Way to go and thanks for the motivation!!!!

Danielle
Sponsored Links
  #272   ^
Old Sun, Mar-17-02, 08:32
Registered Member

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 133/126/115
BF:
Progress: 39%
Default WOWee Louise

Just got a chance for a quick check in here - been a crazy week. Had to check out your photos. You look beautiful! You are truly an inspiration. Thank you for sharing with everyone.

Will try to post more after I catch up on email.
  #273   ^
Old Sun, Mar-17-02, 09:51

Plan: protein power
Stats: 265/134/120
BF:
Progress: 90%

Good Morning Petite Ladies!!!!
What a beautiful weekend we are getting...Nothing but sunshine YEA!!!!!
Thank you very much for your kind words....
The reason I didn't post the pics on this site is because I don't know were or how do it...
Went to my brothers last night, took a hot tub outside in the snow it was soooo beautiful...I was so good the others alll had a drinks with them and I had my glass of water...
I'm so excited to get to my goal now I did TAEBO with a vengeance yesterday...
Hope everyone is doing fine and having a great weekend.
Together with support from each other we will all reach our goals
and become whole again even if were only half the person we were LOL...
bye for now
Louise
  #274   ^
Old Sun, Mar-17-02, 16:19

Plan: Atkins/BFL exercise plan
Stats: 218/185.6/150
BF:
Progress: 48%
Default Hi everyone

It's been awhile since I've posted, but I have been keeping up on the posts. It sounds like everyone has either been sick or really busy. It is just that time of year!!! I am ready for Spring!

LouiseV-I just wanted to say you look absolutetly beautiful! Wow, what a transformation. Thank you for your posts and your support of this forum. You are an inspiration to us all!

I have been at a stall with weight loss for a couple of weeks now. I have been exercising these last couple of weeks more than ever before. I have finally gotten it together in the exercise area. 5x a week-cardio and weight training. It has been amazing. I have felt so good! The good thing about the weight loss stall is that I have lost inches. I wasn't checking that much before, but now I do once a week. I can see a difference and feel a difference. I know the weight will start falling off! Hopefully the stall means I have been gaining muscle

Anyway-it's great to hear all of your success stories. Look forward to reading them daily.

Take care everyone-
  #275   ^
Old Sun, Mar-17-02, 16:48
Registered Member

BF:
Default Here I go....

Okay, I admit it. I've been in a funk for over a month now. Combination of my dad's poor health, winter blahs, and one huge stall. Course the stall was mostly my fault. Did not stick to my plan!

So - it's over now. I'm not happy stuck at this weight and summer is right around the corner - YEA! So - I went back on induction today. Yep - TODAY. Didn't wait the 'Monday' did it today. I'm happier with myself already. Went to the steak house and had a great dinner with very low carbs.

I haven't done induction in over 3 years, so I think I need to wake up the body. Party is over. Plus I'm so impressed with Louise's pics. I am truly inspired. I got below 120 before and I can do it again.

Right now half my clothes are too tight. By June 1 - half my clothes will be too big!!!!

Everyone have a great week - Spring starts in 3 days
  #276   ^
Old Sun, Mar-17-02, 16:53
Registered Member

BF:
Default DonnaJ

How are you doing on induction? I saw you started again last week. I've put if off for so long, but it's the only thing that's going to get me moving again. Let me know how your week went!
  #277   ^
Old Sun, Mar-17-02, 18:58
Pending Member

Stats: 215/145/120
BF:
Progress: 74%
Default induction

Dinky, I have put off induction and tried to up my protein but it hasn't work so tomorrow I will go back on induction. I reread Dr. Atkins book and it says to go back on induction for 3 to 5 days. So, tomorrow it will be back to induction. How did you first day of induction go? We will get there and then we well start losing again. So I will email you tomorrow what I had. Maybe we can to this induction together.
Donna
  #278   ^
Old Sun, Mar-17-02, 20:21

Plan: Dr. Atkins
Stats: 225/196/160 Female 5' 1"
BF:
Progress: 45%
Default Hi All

Hope all my petite friends are having a great weekend!

It is good to hear from you again Dinky, I had noticed that you hadn't posted in a while....

LouiseV, that hot tub sounds great....I spent the last three days power cleaning....and could use a hot tub about now!...think I have a bit of spring fever...yikes, my upstairs was such a mess...I am not a real housework fanatic by any means....(I honestly think I keep my barn neater than my house! LOL) I don't really know what got into me, but I even washed 1/2 the windows in the house inside and out....and bought material to make new curtains and cushions for the wicker furniture on the porch.....my goodness....I think I am turning into....domestic woman!!!

I hope your inductions will jumpstart you again Donnaj and Dinky, best of luck....perhaps I will get a little stricter myself and try induction again too....currently I only eat about 30 grams of carbs a day, so induction isn't too hard to go back to.....for 3 to 5 days shouldn't be too bad....I know you guys can do it!

Have a great evening everyone....Carol
  #279   ^
Old Sun, Mar-17-02, 20:36

BF:
Default Whoohoo!

Just got my first chicken leg!!! Yeah!
  #280   ^
Old Sun, Mar-17-02, 21:36
Registered Member

Plan: Low Carb
Stats: 167/125/115
BF:
Progress: 81%

Hi Petite Ladies-

I just wanted to check in and say a quick hello. Althought I've been kind of in a stall these last few weeks, I'm trying not to let it get me down. I started exercising and hoping that will help.

I had a bad week at work last week and this week isn't going to be to much better. But only two more weeks and I have Spring Vacation, yeah! Have a good day everyone.

Danielle
  #281   ^
Old Mon, Mar-18-02, 06:58

BF:

Good Morning girls!!!
My teens are back to school today, March break is over!!!
Maybe I should do like Carole and get the house back in shape.I'm so used to being alone during the day I didn't get any of my work done with the kids home...to busy talking with them and watching movies...Oh well It was nice to spend extra time with them!!!
Woke up to a snow storm this morning. Bummer since it was so nice all weekend...Oh well, just a minor set back, I do know spring has to come...
Donna and Dinky I think if you've been stalled for a while that going back to induction should help...I have done this all the way through when I would go to long without loosing and it really seems to get things rolling again.
Danielle if you just started exercising this will help, but take your measurments because sometimes it dosen't show on the scale as much as it shows in inches!!!
Hope everyone has a great day
Together we can do this
Louise
  #282   ^
Old Mon, Mar-18-02, 08:36

BF:
Cool Hi Everyone,

Hope everyone is doing well today....LouiseV, we too are having a snowstorm, already 3 inches on the ground and falling fast.....argh...sometimes I get so impatient for spring....and the weight to come off too.....but I know it is just one day at a time!

I think you mentioned it before, but how long has it taken you to lose your weight so far? Do you exercise regularly? I just can't seem to get myself on an exercise program.....I should just do an exercise video on the vcr, but I never seem to make time for it.....I better get off my rear end to help boost this weight loss!

Good luck with your exercising Danielle, and hopefully work will go better for you...a Spring Vacation sounds really nice! Enjoy it.

Carol

PS: I think I will go downstairs and dig up an old exercise tape....I have heard you guys mention Taebo, can you get that anywhere? or does it have to be ordered specially? Thanks!
  #283   ^
Old Mon, Mar-18-02, 09:26

BF:

Hi Carol!
It will be two years May 28th that I've following the program... And yes I do exercise,I do free weights 4 days a week, and then I do Taebo for the other 3. Because I'm not working right now and my kids are older, it makes my schedule quite flexible, I always work out in the morning when I'm fresh..when I was working it was a little bit harder because I used to work out at 4:30 a.m. so I was in bed at 8:00 P.M. LOL.
I have seen the taebo tapes at Walmart, here in Canada.
I really find exercising gives me more energy, and has really help to tighten up most everywhere, but my flabby lower belly, and my thighs, but I'm still working on that....even my breasts who were pointing towards the ground, have sprung up and are going in the right direction now
Have a great day for now
Louise
  #284   ^
Old Mon, Mar-18-02, 10:20
Registered Member

Plan: veggie low carb
Stats: 131/131/105 Female 4'11''
BF:
Progress: 0%

hi guys, I hope everyone had a nice weekend. I finally lost the pounds that I had gained, plus one more. I think the extra water did the trick! yippie!

Carol, I've also seen the Taebo tapes in blockbuster and HMV. Any of the tapes can be ordered from www.taebo.com. You should give it a try. I'm not one of these people who loves to workout, but for some reason I find taebo addictive. I think billy blanks is so motivating...

Louise, do you follow a specific program for weight-lifting? I have been trying to add more weights but I really don't like them as much as cardio. I think I need a tape or something to follow...

I've seen a lot of posts about that Body For Life program that seems to incorporate a lot of weights and people are doing really well on it. Is anyone here on it? I think I am going to go to barnes and noble and check it out...

Hope its sunny where you all are, it's sleeting here!
Suzy
  #285   ^
Old Mon, Mar-18-02, 17:27

BF:
Default Taebo, here I come!

Hi Louise and Suzy,

Thanks for the Taebo info...I have checked at Walmart here and didn't see it, but that does not mean they don't...I will look again.

Today I actually went downstairs and dug out an old Denise Austin low impact aerobic tape and got my blood pumping again....even though my daughter was mad and wanted to watch her Barney tape, and the dog kept chasing me around the living room!!! It would have been pretty funny to watch if anyone were peeking in the window...LOL, anyway at least I did it, and will try again tomorrow.

The funny thing is, I found a Disney promotional video from 1998, and we watched that before the exercise tape....all those trim people enjoying Disneyworld, got me motivated too!

The weather is pretty ugly here today too....I liken it to driving on Crisco....March snow in Mass. is greasy...!

Congrats on the weight loss Suzy! That water really works wonders.

Louise, are you going to celebrate on your "anniversary" in May? I certainly would if I were you! You deserve it for all of your hard work! Do you ever run into people you haven't seen in a while who don't recognize you? I bet that is a kick!
Take care all,
Carol