Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Exercise Forums: Active Low-Carbers > Specific Exercise Plans
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#226   ^
Old Wed, Jul-16-03, 07:47

Plan: South Beach
Stats: 357/291/175 Female 68 in
BF:52.54%/46.5%/25%
Progress: 36%

Tami, that is awesome!!!
Sponsored Links
  #227   ^
Old Wed, Jul-16-03, 11:38

Plan: My Own
Stats: 248.5/228.4/150 Female 5' 3"
BF:
Progress: 20%

I go to Curves also and love it. May 15th it had been a year of going. I have lost 46.25 inches and 57.25 pounds, Ihad lost 10 pounds before I had started Curves so I have lost 67.25 pounds and feel wonderful.

I really like Curves and all the wonderful ladies I have met and made friendships with. Every one encourages each other, shares in our delights, bad times and good times.

Good day to you all.
  #228   ^
Old Wed, Jul-16-03, 14:35

Plan: modified Atkins,real food
Stats: 190/176.5/160 Female 5'8"
BF:42,36.5,29
Progress: 45%

Hey Tami, Those results are great! When did you join Curves? Isn"t the workout great!!! My weight is maintaining itself right now. That is a good thing. At least I am not gaining! I am still going to Curves regularly and still love it!! Talk again. Bye Karen
  #229   ^
Old Thu, Jul-17-03, 00:05

Plan: Curves Low-Carb
Stats: 200/183.5/135 Female 63
BF:40.5%/38.1%/17%
Progress: 25%

Karen,

I joined Curves on March 6, 2003. I started the low-carb Curves eating plan on May 12, 2003. I also love the workout I get and I feel great after the workout. I just really have to find the 45 minutes it takes to drive there workout and drive home. Our Curves just got a new Oblique machine that we are learning to use. We now have 9 machines.

Well, maintanence is a very important part of working out. Just keep up the good work and don't give up or get discouraged.

Take Care,

Tami
  #230   ^
Old Thu, Jul-17-03, 13:03
Registered Member

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 201/195/150 Female 5'7"
BF:Too Much!
Progress: 12%

Hi ;adies - I also go to curves and I love it! I agree the hard part is getting there. Our curves has a sign on the floor that says "Once you put your sports bra on your half way there - might as well work out" I snickered when I saw that. I'll have to count how many machines we have - I never really noticed becuse it goes so quickly. My fav. is the peck deck. Glad to see this thread - I'll post often. - Cats
  #231   ^
Old Fri, Jul-18-03, 11:50
Getting Healthy!

Plan: General LC
Stats: 213/169/166 Female 5' 8.5"
BF:
Progress: 94%

After reading all the good things about Curves, I paid them an introductory visit today.

There was a box of Krispy Kreme donuts on the front counter and the first thing that they did was offer me a donut! This wasn't impressive, although I did sign up for a 2-month trial anyway.

I hope that the donuts aren't a standard feature or I won't be visiting much. The idea of offering them to women who are trying to better themselves physically offends me.

Last edited by CarolynC : Fri, Jul-18-03 at 18:34.
  #232   ^
Old Fri, Jul-18-03, 13:08

Plan: WebMD w/LC choices
Stats: 322/297/199 Female 5' 6"
BF:
Progress: 20%

Donuts?? How crazy is that?! From my personal experience, the only time that my Curves offered any goodies like that was at Christmas and when they had their "bring your partner" open house (had to have something to bribe the guys, I guess). Sheesh- how is offering donuts conducive to forward progress?

Aside from that, I hope you really enjoy Curves as much as I do, Carolyn. Here's to a prosperous 2 mos.!

Nikki
  #233   ^
Old Fri, Jul-18-03, 16:01

WOW!!! KRISPY KREME!!!!I have never seen or heard of that before at Curves!! Well I'm glad you overlooked that and at least will give it a try for 2 months. It is a great workout! But tell them to lose the donuts. I am into my 4th month and still loving it! Let us know how your 2 months goes. Cya, Karen
  #234   ^
Old Sun, Jul-20-03, 19:01

Stats: 246/198/150 Female 62inches
BF:
Progress: 50%

Does your Curves tell you what muscles are worked on each machine. I asked once if the rowing type chairs worked the abs and the gal just stared at me-not a clue.

What does the machine that is a chair-you keep elbows straight and bend forward at the waist.do?
  #235   ^
Old Sun, Jul-20-03, 19:02

Stats: 246/198/150 Female 62inches
BF:
Progress: 50%

You are right -bad marketing on the donuts. geez

Bad enough that a new sandwich shop just opened up next door to my Curves
  #236   ^
Old Mon, Jul-21-03, 02:10
Midas in reverse

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 260/231/165 Male 75 inches
BF:~31%/~26%/<17%
Progress: 31%

Nothing wrong with sandwiches--just tell 'em to "hold the bread"! Sort of reminds me of what Marie Antoinette supposedly said...
  #237   ^
Old Mon, Jul-21-03, 06:28

Hey, The machine that you sit on and bend forward works your abs. It works best, when you are bending back and forth, tense your ab muscles while doing that. Hope that helps a bit. Talk soon.
Karen
  #238   ^
Old Mon, Jul-21-03, 16:52
Registered Member

Plan: Modified Atkins
Stats: 186/171/138 Female 5'3"
BF:
Progress: 31%
Lightbulb Trying to decide

Carolyn, I am trying to decide whether to join Curves. How is your 2-month trial membership going? The Curves near me is offering the rest of the summer free. I guess that means the registration fee.
  #239   ^
Old Mon, Jul-21-03, 19:09

Plan: My own plan
Stats: 317/309/160 Female 5 FT. 9 IN.
BF:
Progress: 5%

I haven't posted here in awhile. Been very busy. Still finding my time to go to curves though. When I joined I made that a priority. No appointment made or errands run during that hour that is reserved for my curves workout.

After reading what Caroyln said about the krispy creams I was ready to rant and rave. Unbelievable to me that any curves worth it's weight in gold would do such a thing. I think I wouldn't have been able to restrain myself from speaking to the owner about that.

A word about that machine that works the abs. Well, actually about all of the machines really. I have found you acheive a much better workout if you push and pull with equal force. For instance with the ab machine. Forcefuly pull upward and forcefully push downward (while exhaling), keeping the abs tight throughout. To often I see people only working one direction. It really makes a huge difference in my opinion.

I also say that IF you are going to a curves where the employees do not have the answer to your questions...or are not eager to find the answer to your question, LEAVE...do not pass go.... go directly to a different curves. There is no excuse for running a curves with untrained personnel.
  #240   ^
Old Mon, Jul-21-03, 23:31

Plan: here and there since 11/02
Stats: 233/?/140 Female 63
BF:
Progress: 24%

Hi everyone!
was away for a while...
Ha! Krispy Kreme! .... ggeee!

Make sure the sandwich shop has hard boiled eggs and diet Hansens drinks! ha!

take care,
M-