Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Countdowns, Buddies & Challenges
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#211   ^
Old Sat, Mar-09-02, 03:56
Pending Member

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 215/145/120
BF:
Progress: 74%
Default Good morning ladies

Gilta, I am so sorry about your lost. I too, have had 6 miscarriages and I can empathize with your lost. I also wanted sweets and sugar because it was comfort I wanted after the loses. Take care of yourself and don't worry about weight loss at this time. When you are ready it well happen. If you need to talk I am hear to listen and I know the others are here for you too.

Welcome Ranger, I am glad to see you on the thread.

Cher, my husband also read what I have written. I think you are right they feel left out sometimes. How the remodeling coming?
I slept in my bed last night and it was so nice. Now we only have the door to varnish and shelac and then the molding. The next project well be this fall. We are trying to start a home business in trading and selling books. So, I quess well work on building new shelves. Never a boring moment.

Well ladies, I am going to get started cleaning the kitchen and fixing breakfast. I hope everyone have the best day every.
Donna
Sponsored Links
  #212   ^
Old Sat, Mar-09-02, 10:23

Plan: Dr. Atkins
Stats: 225/196/160 Female 5' 1"
BF:
Progress: 45%
Default Hi Cher,

Sorry to hear about your misscarriages too...it is so hard. I was put on progesterone suppositories early on and only had to take it for the first trimester...I guess the progesterone actually keeps the pregancy going, but then is not as important after the first three months....(please forgive my non-scientific descriptions!)

The reason I gained my weight back was because you are not supposed to do Atkins while you are pregnant, and I was put on bed rest, so I had not much else to do...of course I was worried the whole time so it was completely my own doing.....I am just happy to have my little girl and now I am working on me!

Good luck, I hated to go off Atkins, since it was so successful for me the first time, but it is worth it in the long run!
Ranger
  #213   ^
Old Sun, Mar-17-02, 20:30

BF:
Question Anyone out there?

Hi everyone,

I haven't seen any posting to this thread since I last was on it....hope I didn't offend anyone....yikes if I did, I am very sorry.....I had gained a couple lbs back and actually hit the 200 mark again, so I felt like I shouldn't be here....but it is finally gone again, and am down to 197.....2 more lbs to go and I can try on my wedding dress again....I was married 9 years ago and weighed 195....

My husband gave me a gift cert. for a makeover for Christmas, and I decided to wait until I had lost 30 lbs.....a few more lbs to go....I told him he had to take me out to dinner after the makeover...he didn't figure that was included in the gift certificate!!

Well, I hope you are all ok....See ya, Carol
  #214   ^
Old Mon, Mar-18-02, 05:48

Plan: Atkin's
Stats: 195/195/135
BF:
Progress: 0%
Thumbs up

Hi, Back on agin.
I can't hardly breathe. It is time to get it off, anyhow I need to wear a swimming suit by July 4th. Bought retirement house with a pool.
Anyone want to do a challenge for 40 off by 1st of August. May not make it, but heck why not try!
Have a great low carb. day.
Shirley
  #215   ^
Old Mon, Mar-18-02, 06:43
Registered Member

Plan: Carbo Addicts modified
Stats: 199/185/145
BF:
Progress: 26%
Default Okay Shirley, I'm willing

If you're serious about wanting to lose 40 by 1st of August I'm ready for the challenge. I will write to you in your journal. I'm at 191 now so we're pretty close in weight, and I'm also on a modified version of CAD.
  #216   ^
Old Mon, Mar-18-02, 07:58

BF:
Thumbs up

Betsy,
I am on. I am going on Atkins this time. Today is my first day of induction.
I can't go on, overweight.
My fat is getting around my heart, not good!
I also have grandkids, 4 of them, 3 boy's and a girl. I would like to see them grown.
We will be moving to Kansas in August or Sept and we will live 15 minutes away from 2 of the grandkids. They love the pool.
I decided yesterday. I wasn't going to stray on this diet. I can't, I have to much at stake.
Also my dh has emphysema and will need care from me before long and I need the health and strength to do it.
Ok, let's go! Betsy.
I have drank 4 glasses of water, already, going to have some breakfast. I am going to boil a egg and have some cheese. I will let you know what I have the rest of the day, tonight. I have steaks thawing for supper.
Talk Later, Shirley
  #217   ^
Old Mon, Mar-18-02, 08:02

BF:

Betsy,
Write me here, If you don't mind. I am not going to do a Journal.
Shirley
  #218   ^
Old Tue, Mar-19-02, 06:35

BF:
Thumbs up Betsy

Betsy, How did you do yesterday?
I did well, Had my steak and salad and some cre am cheese heated in the microwave with vanilla and splenda.
I don't feel bloated this morning, anyway. That's a start.
I was talking to another friend on low carb and she said it sounded like i wasn't eating enough. I was stuffed. Don't know if I could have held anymore.
Have a good day everyone. Shirley
  #219   ^
Old Tue, Mar-19-02, 06:39

BF:
Wink Yikes!

Yikes! I put the wave, where it wasn't suppose to be.
To darn early in the morning!
Shirley
  #220   ^
Old Tue, Mar-19-02, 10:44
Registered Member

BF:
Default Hi Shirley

Started a reply and then it just disappeared, I must be doing something weird! Anyway, today went well. Over here in the Persian Gulf its the end of the day so I can tell you what I had all day. I'm tracking my calories and carbs just out of curiosity and I'm naturally running about 1500 calories and 85-100 carbs.

Breakfast: 2 eggs w/ 4 strips turkey bacon (can't get pork over here)

Lunch: 3 oz. diced chicken, 1 Tblsp. onion, 1 Tblsp. mayo (didn't really even want it, wasn't hungry, but I wanted to get 2 no carb meals in before my reward meal to keep my blood sugar stable)

Reward Meal: Chicken Al Fredo, my own sauce, 3 oz chicken, 1/2 cup noodles, 1 cup steamed carrots, 1 Nutri-grain bar.

And I drank all 80 oz of water!!! I'm sure you'll lose faster than me on Atkins, but I know myself and if I feel the least bit deprived I'll sabatoge my diet so I thought a CAD modified was best for me. Are you weighing in daily? Have you taken your measurements?

Good Night - talk to you tomorrow!
  #221   ^
Old Tue, Mar-19-02, 10:58

BF:
Smile

I will be weighing in weekly. I haven't took my measurements yet, but i will. Need to get a tape measure.
I don't know if I will make it thru induction or not, but I can assure you I will not be eating any sugar, white flour. I am a complete carb addict. I cannot touch it in any form or I gain.
I have tried cad and could not do it. But everyone is different. I wish you the best, Betsy. Wish me good luck too!
Are you in the Armed Forces, in the Gulf?
Shirley
  #222   ^
Old Tue, Mar-19-02, 17:23
Pending Member

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 215/145/120
BF:
Progress: 74%
Default Good evening ladies

Hello Betsy and Shirley,
I thought I would say hello. Your plan sounds great but I am like Shirley. I know one bite and I am back eating the way I was before. I am doing a protein fast at the the moment to start my metabolism again. I lost one pound and I will see what tomorrow well bring. I hope the whoosh fairy comes and take away about 5 lbs. Well ladies, I hope you a very good night and a good day to you Betsy. Keep safe over there.
Donna
  #223   ^
Old Wed, Mar-20-02, 10:22
Registered Member

BF:
Default Hi Shirley and Donna...

Today went well, weighed in at 191. Drank 80 oz water, plus 2 cups black coffee and one diet pepsi. Also took my calcium and vitamin C tablets.

B- 2 eggs and 4 strips turkey bacon

L- 2 slices turkey ham wrapped around cheddar cheese sticks

RW- 6 oz. lemon chicken (no sweetener)
1/2 cup saffron rice
1 cup carrots and 1 cup green beans
1 cup jello w/ 4 tblsp. cool whip and 1 oz peanuts thrown on top for crunch.

No Shirley, not in the military. Husband is a petroleum engineer consulting with the local governement. Contrary to the news these days, it really is a nice place to live and the people treat us well. Gotta run, have to pick up my husband at the airport. Talk to you tomorrow. Keep your eye on the goal.............
  #224   ^
Old Thu, Mar-21-02, 05:05

BF:
Default Hi everyone

Betsy,

Sorry, I didn't get on yesterday.

We are having House Guest's for 3 day's and I was trying to get my house in order.

I will not be online for 3 day's, as I Imagine I will be pretty busy.

I am doing pretty well. Messed up yesterday. Wish me well, for the next 3 day's, while I have House Guest's.

Sounds like you have a exciting life, Betsy, my hubby had a chance to go over there a long time ago, but the Job didn't pan out. He has alway's worked In the Petro, field, for about 44 year's. We will be retiring in Aug. this year.
Have a good day.

Shirley
  #225   ^
Old Thu, Mar-21-02, 06:32

BF:
Unhappy Don't worry

Shirley,

We all have trouble one time or another..don't let it get you down, we are all human.....have a great time with your houseguests, and I know you can stick with it. It is very tempting sometimes, but you can eat really great lo carb food, (and so can they) you just don't have to tell them.....if you have a chance check out some of the recipes.....good luck! You can do it!
Ranger