Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Low-Carb Products
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

View Poll Results: Would I Make A Free Call for Future Access to Liquid Splenda?
Yes, Right Away! 413 79.27%
As Soon As I Can... 67 12.86%
Maybe Next Week... 27 5.18%
Absolutely Not! 14 2.69%
Voters: 521. You may not vote on this poll

#196   ^
Old Fri, Jun-06-03, 10:04
Registered Member

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 185/136/140 Male 68
BF:
Progress: 109%

That is not liquid splenda. That is a base for making soda etc. It's not pure anyways but may fit your needs. I did order some as well and hope it works out OK in coffee. It's also flavored with vinalla.
Sponsored Links
  #197   ^
Old Fri, Jun-06-03, 17:28
Registered Member

Plan: Atkins,PP - wgt in %
Stats: 100/96.8/69 Female 5'6.5"
BF:DWTK/DDare/JEnuf
Progress: 10%
Default Re: Liquid Splenda

Quote:
Originally posted by RSLW
I've been reading here and there that the company who markets Splenda has no plans of selling this in the USA, but I used to be able to buy it from one of these online low carb stores. I remember that it looked like it was packaged for sale in Brazil.

Does anybody know if it's still available anywhere?

TIA!

It's all in this conversational thread, makes interesting reading if you go and take a look back.

There WAS imported liquid Splenda from South America, there WAS a liquid Splenda made and sold by www.synergydiet.com (I think) and both of them got leaned on by the makers of Splenda, who also own and sell the product licensing and won't be sharing the "tabletop sweetener" market with anybody anytime soon.

The Nature's Flavors brand isn't a liquid Splenda, technically, it's a plain syrup "base" to be used for making flavored syrups, or using as a "simple syrup" substitute.
  #198   ^
Old Sat, Jun-07-03, 00:21
Registered Member

Stats: 175/153/150 Male 5' 6"
BF:26%/21%/15%
Progress: 88%

Does anyone know how strong (sweet) the Nature's Flavors Splenda Syrup Base is?

How does the Nature's Flavors Splenda Syrup Base compare to Trishz "Sugar free concentrated drink/syrup base" in flavor and strength? (if anyone has both)

(Nature's Flavors) Sweet or Acidic? Is this a result of the type of preservative required by FDA?

Ken
  #199   ^
Old Fri, Jun-13-03, 00:53

Plan: Atkins / Protein Power
Stats: 215/152/150 Male 68 inches
BF:
Progress: 97%

Well, I don't know if it has been mentioned on this board, but Atkins' maple syrup w/sucralose is delicious and has zero carbs in a 1/4 CUP serving (which means, I assume, that it must be made out of liquid splenda to have a zero carb count for such a large portion). Anyway, if you are looking for a zero carb sweetener and maple flavoring wont screw up your plans, I recommend trying this syrup. I just mixed some with a bit of soy-nut butter and it tasted exactly like honey-roasted peanut butter. It was so good that I had to throw out the container of soynut butter 'cause I would have finished the whole thing tonight.
  #200   ^
Old Fri, Jun-13-03, 13:03

Stats: 170/170/155
BF:
Progress: 0%

I could not find the Brazillian or any other link to buy liquid Splenda ??? guess I'm blind could some one post the link?
  #201   ^
Old Mon, Jun-16-03, 21:59

BF:

is there any difference between splenda and sucralose and can you buy sucralose or is Splenda the only form of sucralose for sale to the consumer?
  #202   ^
Old Mon, Jun-16-03, 22:06
Registered Member

Stats: 175/153/150 Male 5' 6"
BF:26%/21%/15%
Progress: 88%

Quote:
Originally posted by timco
is there any difference between splenda and sucralose and can you buy sucralose or is Splenda the only form of sucralose for sale to the consumer?

Sucralose is the actual name of the sweetener product.
Splenda is a brand name of Sucralose.

Right now 'Splenda' is the ONLY brand of Sucralose. (as far as I know)

I wish I could buy a different brand of Sucralose. In fact there are many people waiting and waiting to get there hands on the "pure" non diluted form of Sucralose, but this is apparently incredibly difficult to get.

(In fact I think it would be safe to say it would be easier to purchase heroine than pure liquid or powdered Sucralose.)

ken
  #203   ^
Old Tue, Jun-17-03, 22:14

BF:

Managed to get my hands on some pure sucralose (splenda in powdered form w/o the maltodextrin bulking agent). Not sure what I'm going to do with it yet. Thinking of trying to make some homemade chocolate (just melting the stuff in with a high-quality baking chocolate).

And sorry, can't reveal (yet) how I got it. But it's not a reliable, ongoing supplier so nobody get too excited.

What would you do if you had a container of this stuff? Any ideas better than making chocolate?

Also, please explain why everybody on this board so desperate for liquid splenda doesn't just use vanilla flavor Atkins or Divinci syrup? I guess it depends on what exactly you intend to use it for, but it's hard for me to imagine that the vanilla flavor is going to throw off whatever recipe you have in mind.
  #204   ^
Old Wed, Jun-18-03, 00:36

Stats: 396/340/150 Female 5'4"
BF:
Progress: 23%

Hi timco,

One of the reasons I like the liquid sucralose (I got mine from Trishz’s Co-op) instead of something like Da Vinci or Atkins flavored syrups is the difference in liquid volume. I would have to add 1 cup of Da Vinci to my cakes, muffins etc. where as I only need just over 1 Teaspoon of Trishz’s liquid sucralose to equal the sweetness. One cup of extra liquid would drown many of my recipes and I don’t have to deal with the overpowering flavor 1 cup of Da Vince would add.

Also, the liquid sucralose works out much cheaper then the flavored syrups. One 8 ounce bottle of Trishz’s base (I paid $24.00 including rural delivery fees) equals 32 cups of Splenda powder, and about 10 large bottles of Da Vinci syrup (at least $70.00!)

Trishz’s liquid syrup base is also much more concentrated then the syrups bases from Natures Flavors. 1 ½ teaspoons of Trishz’s base equal 1 cup of sugar/powdered Splenda. Natures Flavors base is more like an unflavored Da Vinci syrup in volume.

For those of you wanting to know when Trishz will have more of her liquid syrup base (liquid splenda), her web site says some time in July.

I really was a bit skeptical about buying the liquid syrup base from Trishz’s co-op, but now I wish I had ordered more then 1 bottle, it is great!

By the way, I know I sound like a commercial for Trishz’s co-op or her best friend trying to get her business, but I have never met her, and just stumbled across information about her co-op while on another low carb site. It’s too good a product not to share information about it!!!

Sue
  #205   ^
Old Wed, Jun-18-03, 04:39

Stats: 170/170/155
BF:
Progress: 0%

so what is Trishz’s website?
  #206   ^
Old Wed, Jun-18-03, 07:41

Plan: Protein Power
Stats: 450/348/225 Male 72 inches
BF:UGH!
Progress: 45%

Quote:
Originally posted by mnc6
so what is Trishz?s website?

Her site for the "Syrup Base" liquid won't be up until she is ready to take orders
-stay tuned!!!
  #207   ^
Old Wed, Jun-18-03, 18:53

BF:

Oh man, I really screwed up with the pure splenda! I wanted to make a homemade granola with all types of great stuff in it from a variety of nuts, to soy granules, to flaxseed, wheat germ, etc. Went to the local healthfood store, bought everything and mixed it all together in a huge $20+ granola concoction. Everything was going well till I decided to sweeten it with that pure sucralose that I got. I added what I thought was a conservative amount, but I was going by the portions that I use of the splenda that comes in the packets.

The end result was that my granola turned out so ridiculously artificialy sweet (with a bit of a nasty aftertaste) that I'm going to have to throw it out and start over. I guess this stuff isn't such a blessing after all.
  #208   ^
Old Wed, Jun-18-03, 19:49
Registered Member

Stats: 225/214/155 Female 5'6"
BF:
Progress: 16%
Question salvaging the granola

Do you think you could put it in the freezer to keep, and just add part of it to some additional ingredients to spread out the spenda? I'm not sure that it would work, but you could try it with a small amount, and see.
Good Luck
Carolyn
  #209   ^
Old Wed, Jun-18-03, 20:25

BF:

What I've done is put the stuff in a strainer and run water over it to try to wash away some of the splenda. Now I have what's left in the oven baking at 300. It may turn out OK after all.
  #210   ^
Old Fri, Jun-20-03, 18:01

BF:

sue222,

How do you use this pure splenda? I have it in powdered and liquid form and I can't manage to get the right amount into my recipes, everything keeps coming out WAY too sweet.