Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Triple Digits Club
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#181   ^
Old Thu, May-06-04, 18:00

Plan: "modified" atkins
Stats: 287/206/170 Female 65"
BF:
Progress: 69%

I am very uncomfortable in this body (I was not meant to be fat) I see ppl who are overweight, wearing clothes I would not be seen in public in (would not be caught DEAD in, either!). THEY are comfortable in their body, and apparently think they look alright that way. I see nothing attractive about my fat...It is gross...I am lucky that my girlfriend is not bothered by it. It took me almost 1 1/2 years of the 2 we have been living together to be able to let her see me without clothes on. It was a horrific experience...cannot EVEN convey that feeling I had the 1st time I took off my clothes in front of her. She was sweet about it...told me she loved me, no matter. That if we were going to be together for life, that I better trust that she did love me no matter. Still....OMG I will never forget that feeling....I am ok with it now...she is still here, loving me...I look forward to the day that I am PROUD to stand naked in front of the mirror AND her
Another reason I hate being fat is a HATE sweating....I am always hot, b/c I don't wanna dress for the weather (ya know...cover the fat)
I hate the looks from skinny ppl Like I am a 3rd rate citizen...It makes me so sad...
I hate diabetes, and having to give myself a shot...
I know there is more...but these are the biggies...
Sponsored Links
  #182   ^
Old Thu, May-06-04, 23:06

Plan: extreme exercise * lowcal
Stats: 450/345?/270 Male 6ft 1
BF:
Progress:

Hey Delilah, Id like to talk with you. I kinda have depression problems too, sometimes they get worse, sometimes they get better, but as of late mostly worse. I was wonderin if you wouldnt mind talkin with me n emailin back and forth?
  #183   ^
Old Fri, May-07-04, 10:25

Plan: Neanderthin
Stats: 269/176/165 Male 68"
BF:55+%/23%/15%
Progress: 89%
Talking Thanks for the kid words, Stardust

I'm not familiar with the Twin Lakes area...but I've heard of it...I live on the Eastern Side of the Cascades in the Great Basin by the only lake and river that drains from the basin into the ocean...I think It's a great place...I can see the huge hiulk of Mt Shasta on the southern horizon and the Cascades are right in my back yard...I go hiking or fishing within about twenty minutes of where I live...haven't even gotten a bite this year, but I still love going down to the lake and tossing in my line and enjoying watching nature around me. My true love, though is the High Sierras and I go on about three hikes a year with my brother, who lives in Carson City, right next to them. Not that long ago, before I started this "diet," I had given up on ever backpacking again...I can't believe what a great thing this woe has done for ME! Being fat is one thing for the self-esteem, but for what it does to my spirit, that's much worse...now, that I'm in so much better shape, I look forward to getting up in the morning and thinking about my future hikes...it has given me a future, instead of just feeling like I was waiting to die as a fat, blubbery couch potato with high blood pressure and poor health...a guy who caught a cold about every three weeks. I don't get sick, any more! I'm a school teacher in one of my jobs and I'm surrounded by sick kids who sneeze all over me, but I don't get sick! I also work at Home Depot in the Garden Department as a Nursery Consultant and that is hard, hot, heavy work and back-breaking, at times...I could NEVER have done it without losing the weight and building up my lean body tissue from this woe. Even though I am on Neanderthin, it was inspired by the good Doctor Atkins and that man, rest his soul in a great place, saved my life!
  #184   ^
Old Fri, May-07-04, 20:23
Registered Member

Plan: atkins
Stats: 324/277/150 Female 5ft 4.5in
BF:
Progress: 27%
Unhappy

Wow, what a question. Why do I hate being fat?
-It's a self-esteem killer
-I feel about 80 years old
-I can't walk much, or run at all without getting too winded
-I can't play with my kids like they and I would love for me to
-Double or triple chins
-Can't really do my own toenails without nearly killing myself
-Having to worry will I be able to fit in the seat wherever I'm going
-Having to hear from my child that the kids at school make fun of him or her because I'm so fat
-Feeling so self conscious around almost everyone I come in contact with
-Having people ask me when my baby is due, and I'm not pregnant
-Catching people laughing at me
-Ugly clothes, or looking like a blob in nice clothes
-It's really hard to be sexual when you feel so completely unsexy
-The way I feel in my soul is not matching the way my body feels
-Stretch marks
-Ok, I hate everything about it!
  #185   ^
Old Sat, May-08-04, 13:29

BF:

darrklove...it is not your imagination....DWRolfe a cutie! And more importantly, he seems to be a very nice person from the posts I have read!
  #186   ^
Old Sat, May-08-04, 15:58
Fully Caffeinated

Plan: Back to Atkins
Stats: 298/228/160 Female 5ft9in
BF:?/35/?
Progress: 51%

All of the above...plus:

The squeezy, nagging tightness of the waistband of the jeans that used to be too loose cutting into my stomach.

Being the one all the guys confide in about the one they think is SO beautiful.... but it's not you, it's a 98-lb bimbo.

Not being able to get in the pool with my son without a glance around to see who's looking at my flab. I still get IN the pool since he loves it so, but I could do without the self-conscious dash between clothes and water!

The sight of hanging flabalanches when I get out of the shower. Either the flab goes or the mirror does!
  #187   ^
Old Sat, May-08-04, 16:44

BF:

ODDSOCK.....lmao....I thought the same thing "but try to find ONE larger size that doesn't look like it was designed by evil matrons in the 1940's???" Thanks for that!
  #188   ^
Old Sat, May-08-04, 21:07
Registered Member

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 2//135 Female 5 feet 6 inches
BF:
Progress:

I so relate to this topic and everything you all have said!

* I hate having to gauge spaces ...will I fit or won't I? Like in restaurants, I want the inside chair...not the one on the end of the table that the waitress has to scoot by my big butt every time she needs to pass the table.

* OMG...I have BROKEN a couple chairs in public. There isn't an emoticon that expresses the horrific embarrassment of THAT!!! Did you see that scene in Shallow Hal? I related to that in WAY to personal a way!! ...although thank goodness I haven't broken an entire booth...lol

* I hate that the lady who does my nails keeps trying to get me to have stomach surgery. And that the hairdresser saves diets out of magazines for me.

Ok..I guess those are the biggies for me...

On the bright side...I have a happy life and a loving family...and I'm losing weight since I started LCing!!!
  #189   ^
Old Sat, May-08-04, 22:44
Gold Member

Plan: Atkins -Maintenance
Stats: 250/132/150 Female 5'6
BF:y, are you hungry?
Progress: 118%
Default I hate being fat because I hate making bacon!!

I'm not sure if this applies to everyone but at my heaviest my thighs would rub together so much that after a semi long walk I would feel raw. I call it making bacon( not sure where I got that from but it seemed fiting at the time). I once went to a concert that was standing room only and I had so much trouble getting up and siting down. it was embarrassing. I also hated not being able to find clothing that didn't make me look like a guy or worse older then I was.

Gabrielle
  #190   ^
Old Sun, May-09-04, 07:55
Registered Member

Stats: 290/235/150 Female 5'9"
BF:
Progress: 39%
Unhappy I hate being the only fat person in my family!

Everyone from my husband and son to my sister and mother are thin. They have never been overweight any of them. They love camping and moreso love water sports. I cringe inside when they begin planning one of these outings. The thought of wearing a bathing suit in public sickens me to the point of actual nausea. I could probably go on with complaints but here is a list of complaints on why I HATE being fat!

1. I hate not being able to cross my legs without holding them with one hand.

2. I hate when people tell me, "You have such a beautiful face, you would be a knockout if you'd just lose the weight!"

3. I hate when my mother-in-law announces that she made some special food dish just because I was coming, as if the only thing I respond to is food.

4. I hate grocery shopping because I don't like the "looks" I get when I have anything remotely fattening in my shopping cart.

5. Lastly, I hate being fat because I have an incredibly attractive husband and I see these thin, beautiful women checking him out all the time. I feel like they look at me and wonder what in the hell he is doing with someone like me.
  #191   ^
Old Sun, May-09-04, 10:00

Stats: 301/280/160 Female 66 inches
BF:5th amendment
Progress: 15%

I hate being fat. I hate it for all the reasons everyone here has mentioned. I hate it because when I was in junior high someone I did not even know jumped on my back and "rode" me down the hall. I hate it because I have been sent "secret admirer" letters as jokes (as if I haven't been laughed at enough to understand that those letters were not real). I hate it because I'm paranoid that when guys are nice to me, there is a practical joke somewhere in the background.

I also love it too. I use my fat to protect me from people who might not like me ("well, they are just shallow because they can't see past the fat"); I was raised a real Southern Lady, so my fat prevents me from being in situations where I might actually have to tell someone I am not interested in him (a horrible thing for a "lady" to do. And yes, I know how twisted that one is, but it takes a long time to grow out of such things); it allows me to stay in safe emotional territory around most people in my world.

I depend on my fat. The hardest thing for me in this WOL is that I am still going to have all those issues to deal with after I lose the weight. When I am thin, I am not going to magically gain self-confidence. I must learn, first and foremost, to believe in my own intrinsic self-worth. The rest will follow. Then I will no longer need my fat.

Making strides toward that goal: I teach junior college. I virtually never think about how I look in front of a classroom. My kids respond to me, to the way I try to make boring grammatical points interesting, to the crazy stories I tell, and the way I joke in the classroom.
I actually put my heart right out there for someone recently and was rejected. You know what? I'm gonna live. I'm going to be OK.
The hardest thing yet is coming to grips with the fact that some people will never like me, even if I am thin and beautiful. There will be things in my personality that rub people the wrong way. No matter how hard I try, I will never be everything to everyone, and soon I won't have my fat to blame their rejection on.
Thank you all for this thread. Thank you for letting me ramble. Thank you for providing a supportive community.
Birdie
PS Donald is WAY hot!
  #192   ^
Old Sun, May-09-04, 10:51
Registered Member

Stats: 292.5/282/165 Female 5 feet 11 inches
BF:54.66%/54.66%/25%
Progress: 8%
Angry I hate the way it makes me see myself

I hate being fat because I hate how it makes me think less of myself. I worry about how people view me professionally - like I am not in control even of my own body, how can I manage my programs?
I hate to go to new restuarants because I worry that they may have flimsy chairs and I will break one. I hate sitting at friends houses, too, for fear that I might break their antique dining chairs. GOD that sucks! I am literally just WAITING for that to happen!
I hate how all the cute clothes only look good on skinnies (whose ranks I hope to join in the next 18 months).
I hate how I realized I can't dance with any style or grace because I feel like I am bouncing all over and look ridiculous.
I hate how out-of-control I feel about all aspects of my life when I cannot get my health under control. Like I am spinning and can't stop.
I hate how fearful I am that, as a newly single women, I will never attract another mate who is really interested in me.
I hate how fearful I am of the changes that will inevitably occur in my world once I reach my goal weight. My fat helps protect me in a way, from those things I desperately want, but am AFRAID OF.
For me, FEAR = FAT. and I HATE THAT (oh, I'm a poet and I didn't KNOW IT!)

Thanks for starting this thread. Its a thought provoking exercise.

Holly
  #193   ^
Old Sun, May-09-04, 12:35
Registered Member

Stats: 332/308/180 Female 62
BF:
Progress: 16%

I hate the assumption that I lack drive and ambition.

I grew up in near poverty. I worked my way through college. I've worked in the accounting and insurance field. I'm currently working as the sole office person for a small company...for considerably more income than either of the two more "glamorous" jobs provided. Each and every job I've taken has had a purpose on the path of starting a business of my own. (Making my image match my future company is my sole motivation at this time.)

I hate the assumption that I'm desperate enough to date any man who shows interest in me.

I've dated men who were marketing directors to business owners and professional engine builders (IHRA/NHRA) to factory workers. Some of these men treated me with dignity and respect...and those who didn't were uncerimoniously dumped on their backsides--just the same as ANY other woman. However, unlike my thinner sisters, the men I've dated have been interested in more serious relationships instead of casual sex--one of the bonuses of being overweight.

I exercise. I don't spend my days sitting around doing nothing. I still buy myself cute sexy panties. I don't spend my weekends alone unless it's my choice. People tend to like me.

In short, I'm content with myself as a person. I'm obese, but that doesn't define me or my role in life. Sure, a person can make assumptions all day, but s/he is typically proven wrong.
  #194   ^
Old Sun, May-09-04, 20:14

Plan: extreme exercise * lowcal
Stats: 450/345?/270 Male 6ft 1
BF:
Progress:
Default cringes

Probably one fo the things i wonder if anyone else here as ever felt ansd if you have dont cover it up with words, just say so. When somebody mentions how beautfiul or attractive someone of your same sex is, it makes you cringe without having to even see the person first just because yuour obese. DOes anyone here understand what Im saying?
  #195   ^
Old Sun, May-09-04, 20:26

Stats: 319/240/175 Female 69 inches
BF:
Progress: 55%

I hated the "you have such a pretty face" comment. I used to think "gee thanks, and what does that make the rest of me?". But now I don't get it as much. Now I hate the people who ask me how much I've lost, especially those who are a size 2. I tell them " alot". That's all they really need to know.