Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Countdowns, Buddies & Challenges
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#181   ^
Old Tue, Feb-26-02, 19:05
Registered Member

Plan: veggie low carb
Stats: 131/131/105 Female 4'11''
BF:
Progress: 0%
Default zone?

hey did anyone try the Zone diet before going on Atkins? I read the Soy Zone last night and it all seemed great but now I've already forgotten half of what I'm supposed to be doing. I guess with practice it gets a bit easier to put balanced meals together....anyway, I was just wondering how Zone stacked up against Atkins...It seems like on Atkins the weight flies off, is this true for the Zone too?

thanks! Suzy
Sponsored Links
  #182   ^
Old Tue, Feb-26-02, 20:10
Registered Member

Plan: Low Carb
Stats: 167/125/115
BF:
Progress: 81%

Hello Petit ladies-

I've been off track the last few days and need to get myself motivated again. When I get frustrated I just starting all the wrong foods. My problem is I get up from the table hungry and then want to snack until the next meal. Weight loss is getting slow and that sets me back as well. I just want to be skinny!!!
But then again don't we all.

Thanks for listening,
Danielle
  #183   ^
Old Tue, Feb-26-02, 21:59
Registered Member

Plan: atkins
Stats: 145/116/115
BF:
Progress: 97%
Post Zone Diet

HI ALL !

Welcome Suzy! Yes, I've tried the Zone Diet before. I starved on it. It limits the amount of different foods you eat. I hated having to weight evering. I had no energy. It was not for me. I've found low carb to be so easy and it's more of a WOL (Way of Life). I just feel better now.
If you're need help and ideas, this is a great place. I'm new here also and I'm glad I've found it. You sound determined to do this. I know we all can!

Bye for now
  #184   ^
Old Tue, Feb-26-02, 23:23

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 150/105/100
BF:
Progress: 90%
Default Hi!!

Hello Ladies,

I am SOOOOO very glad to have stumbled upon this thread. I knew I wasn't the only petite person out there eating low-carb!! I am 5'1" and I weigh 113 pounds. My original goal weight was 115 pounds, when I hit 115. I really examined myself in the mirror. As much as I wanted to say 115 was a good weight for me, I didn't like what I saw. I still don't like what I see. So, I have changed my goal weight to 100 pounds.

Most of my friends and family think I am crazy for wanting to loose anymore weight. (even some of you may think I'm on the mental side!! :eek But, these same people are much taller than I am. Like many of you have stated before, gaining/loosing weight on a petite frame is much more noticeable than on a medium to large frame.
  #185   ^
Old Thu, Feb-28-02, 09:15

Plan: protein power
Stats: 265/134/120
BF:

Hello petite ladies!!!!!
Welcome L8kersKB, your right a lot of taller people think we should weigh the same they do...I think it's important to go with the weight your most comfortable with, your the one living in your body, nobody else...
This thread seems to be quiet lately where did everybody go...how are you all doing....I've been busy digging out from a snowstorm, but it has stopped now so we should get a break for a few days anyway!!! Can't wait till spring!!!!!

Have a good day

Louise
  #186   ^
Old Thu, Feb-28-02, 10:00

Plan: Atkins & Schwarzbein
Stats: 234/157/90 Female 4' 6"
BF:56.4%/38.8%/23.9%
Progress: 53%
Default Hi Everyone

Really glad to have found this thread. I still need to read many of the pages, but its time to go home now!!

So far many of you make me feel tall. I'm 4 foot 6 inches on a good day and I always dreamed of being 5 foot.

Once I've had a chance to read the other entries will add a more interesting reply.
  #187   ^
Old Thu, Feb-28-02, 14:51

Plan: ATKINS
Stats: 107/103/97
BF:
Progress: 40%
Default HELP!! SOMEBODY PLEASE RESPOND QUICK!!

I'M HAVING A DIFFICULT TIME REALIZING THAT I CAN NO LONGER EAT BREAD, PASTA, ETC!!! WEIGHT IS SLOWLY COMING OFF BUT I NEED ENCOURAGEMENT TO KEEP GOING. TONIGHT I HAVE A COMPANY DINNER & I'M FEELING VERY DEPRIVED BECAUSE I CAN EAT VERY LITTLE OF THE ITEMS BEING SERVED. HELP!! I WANT TO EAT SWEETS--EVEN IF IT IS JUST A SMALL SERVING!!

TWO WEEKS AGO I CHEATED REALLY BAD--A PLANNED CHEAT. I GAINED 2LBS & HAVE ONLY LOST 1 OF THE 2. (EVEN THOUGH I HAVE STAYED THE COURSE SINCE.) I'M NOT SURE I CAN GO THROUGH LIFE NEVER EATING A DESSERT OR A ROLL AT SPECIAL EVENTS!! OR EVEN OCCASIONALLY.

I NEED HELP!!
  #188   ^
Old Thu, Feb-28-02, 17:06

Plan: Dr. Atkins
Stats: 225/196/160 Female 5' 1"
BF:
Progress: 45%
Default hi everyone,

Hi all,

Welcome to all the newcomers, this is a great place for support!

Sorry, I haven't been around, but my computer was down for about a week, I felt lost without my lo carb buddies!

Unfortunately, I came down with the flu, and was craving sweets so badly, I ended up eating some cookies and a bowl of cereal....I felt terrible afterward, since it was the first time I cheated since I started this WOE on January 1st....the good thing is I am back on today with under 20 carbs all day....I was a little afraid that while I wasn't feeling well, I wouldn't be able to stick to it.

Fortunately, the scale didn't go up, but then it didn't go down either....oh well, I will wait til Monday to weigh in again.

Hope you are all doing well.

PS: I have a friend doing the Zone diet and she has lost 6 lbs in 3 weeks....she says she is eating tons of vegetables, but has to limit the proteins.

I like Atkins since you can have as much protein as you want....I now find I don't even need that much to be satisfied.

Take Care,
Carol
  #189   ^
Old Thu, Feb-28-02, 21:18
Pending Member

Stats: 215/145/120
BF:
Progress: 74%
Smile happy hang in there

Happy,
I know it does not seem like the craving will go away but they will. When I get a bad craving I eat protein and plenty of water. Have you been eating enough? Sometime if you don't eat enough it will cause the craving. Just start back on induction until your craving get under control. I went to dinner tonight with 6 friends to celebrate a birthday. I ate the bake steak with salad and green beans. They had spageti and rolls and noodles plus boston cream pie. I ate a large lunch with protein and it helped. I did drink more ice tea and coffee than I usually do but the sweet did bother me. Happy, just hang in there and you well see that it well get better. I am here if you need me to listen.

Carol, I am glad that you did give up and started back. WE ARE NOT PERFECT but only human. So I am proud of you. I have also found that I don't have to eat allot either to get full now.

Well girls, I am proud of both of you. We are here for each other so any time please email I am here.

Donna
  #190   ^
Old Fri, Mar-01-02, 07:29

Plan: Atkins & Schwarzbein
Stats: 234/157/90 Female 4' 6"
BF:56.4%/38.8%/23.9%
Progress: 53%
Thumbs up Hi to Everyone

I've just managed to read all the messages in this thread and tought I just stop by to wish you all a great weekend. I hope that you have got some fun things planned.

Little Anne
  #191   ^
Old Fri, Mar-01-02, 07:54

Plan: Dr. Atkins
Stats: 225/196/160 Female 5' 1"
BF:
Progress: 45%
Default Thanks Donnaj

I am so glad to be back on the computer again, to hear your words of encouragement....I really appreciate it! I did get on the scale this am, and am down to 200 lbs....25 lbs in 2 months, I am really excited....maybe I can kick this flu thing and actually go outside and excercise....? Thanks again, Donnaj, for alll your support....you are the best! Carol
  #192   ^
Old Fri, Mar-01-02, 08:01
Pending Member

BF:
Smile good morning

Welcome little ann,
I am going to volunteer down to the shelter and work around the house. I need to clean out my gargarge before it start moving out the door. I hope you have a wonderful weekend.

Carol, That is wonderful 25 lbs in two month. WAY TO GO GIRL.
I am really proud of you. I hope your flu goes away quickly and you can get outside. It still a little cold here but I am going to walk today. My nephew has the flu and it has been over a week. He is 5 1/2 and it has been rough on him. Well keep up the good work I am proud of you.
Donna
  #193   ^
Old Fri, Mar-01-02, 09:04
Registered Member

Plan: veggie low carb
Stats: 131/131/105 Female 4'11''
BF:
Progress: 0%

Hi guys,
I have to say that seeing everyones stats is really encouraging! I've only been at this about a week and it's great to know that everybody has lost so much weight. Unfortunately, I'm really finding the Zone difficult--it's kinda a lot of pressure, cause I'm never completely sure if my meals are "in the zone" and I don't want to mess it up! So I'm thinking of sort of combining zone and atkins thinking...basically going high on the protein but getting more carbs than atkins allows (but all carbs from veggies and fruit). I figure it's has to do something...maybe my weightloss wont be as fast as every one else but hopefully it will still happen I want to be ready for a bikini by summer!

Hope everyone has a great weekend,
Suzy
  #194   ^
Old Fri, Mar-01-02, 17:46
Pending Member

BF:
Default Hello

Hi Suzy and welcome to the forumn. I am on Atkins and love it. I am now just starting to eat strawberries but only a couple at a time. I have read the Zone diet and decided it was to tempting for me but it I heard it has worked for others. I have been on Atkins since January. I have lost 30 lbs. I started at 192 and today I weigh and I am at 162. I had to get on the scale twice to make sure. But you will find everyone is helpful and there is genuine encouragement about helping. My name is Donna. I look forward in hearing from you and seeing you lose the weight and becoming healthier.
Donna
  #195   ^
Old Fri, Mar-01-02, 18:54

Plan: protein power
Stats: 265/134/120
BF:

Welcome to all the new petite ladies!!!
You'll get a lot of encouragement, and info on this site.
Ranger I'm so glad to hear from you again...I hope your feeling better soon!!!!
Oh!!!MY!!!!DONNA You're just cruising right along here way to go!!!Keep cruising at this rate you'll be bikini material by summer time......
I think my weekend will be pretty quiet there's a snow storm on the way again.....I don't know if it will ever end..so I don't go on the roads when it snows I just stay put..
Well I hope you all have a good weekend Louise