Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Countdowns, Buddies & Challenges
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#166   ^
Old Wed, Feb-20-02, 12:28

Plan: protein power
Stats: 265/134/120
BF:
Progress: 90%

Hello StarOrchid!!!!!!!!!!

Way to go!!!!!11lbs down that's great I'd love to buddy up with, I'm 37 years old a mother of 2 teenagers, I've been on PP for almost 2 years now,and have lost 130lbs .The only problem is I'm not really good on computers but I can give it try.........

Hope to hear from you
Louise
Sponsored Links
  #167   ^
Old Wed, Feb-20-02, 15:31

Plan: Atkins/BFL exercise plan
Stats: 218/185.6/150
BF:
Progress: 48%
Default Just checking in

Hello Ladies! And hello to Angelfish and StarOrchid! It's great to have you aboard! Congrats to everyone on their success!
I have been more of a lurker this past little while. I have been having a rough time of it and just didn't post. I have been trying to keep up on my journal though! Anyway-I finally hit 199! It's down hill from here! I am still not exercising like I know I should be, but it will get better. Any suggestions on how to motivate myself to exercise In the past, once I get in a routine, I love it. It's just gettting back to the routine and not stopping this time. Hope everyone has had a great LC day. I will talk to you soon-
Natalie
  #168   ^
Old Thu, Feb-21-02, 00:00
Registered Member

Plan: atkins
Stats: 145/116/115
BF:
Progress: 97%
Post Eat more Lose more

Hello!
I've been reading the journals and yes, I will start mine this weekend. But I've noticed a curious thing. Many people seem to eat sooo little. What I've found is that I feel better and lose faster when I eat good meals and good snacks. I'm a small person and I eat alot compared to some of the over 6' guys out there.
Here's an example of what I ate when I lost the best:

Breakfast: 2 eggs 4 bacon or omlete with cheese, onions, ham.

Snack: 1/4 c macadamias or walnuts.

Lunch: Tuna salad (1 can tuna with pickles, celery, onion, mayo)
1/2 avacado

Snack: jerky or cheese

Dinner: 6oz steak or chicken
1/2 c veggies
cottage cheese or salad with lots of goodies
glass of wine or dessert like sugarless chocolate pudding

Some days I felt like I was eating all day but I was losing. I wonder if anyone else is like me?
Well, I'm back on track since joining in. I feel so motivated now !
Will weigh myself in the morning. If I haven't gained I'll be proud of myself and know I will reach my goal.
Thanks for your imput!
Angelfish
  #169   ^
Old Fri, Feb-22-02, 10:53
Pending Member

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 215/145/120
BF:
Progress: 74%
Smile Some day watch out

Angelfish,
Some days I have to force myself to eat and others like yestersday I ate until 12:00 PM. I could not get enough food in me. Today, I am fasting because of Lent and I know that my intake well be small. But, I also find that I can eat up to 30 carbs a day and lose. Some days, I eat 20-25 carbs a day. I think it is wonderful that you can eat and still lose. That is one reason I love this WOE so much.
Have a very wonderful day.
Donna
  #170   ^
Old Fri, Feb-22-02, 13:53

Plan: ATKINS
Stats: 107/103/97
BF:
Progress: 40%

Hallelujah!! I've found a home!!! I am 4' 11" and have a very small frame. I'm so sick of people laughing at me because I only have a few pounds to lose. What they don't realize is my 10 pounds equals to 30 on a normal-sized person! I appreciate having a place where I can be understood.

I like some feedback on this:

Anyone losing their boobs?? I'm pear shaped & seems like this is the area I gain last in & lose first!

If you are losing them, will they come back if I keep the weight off?

What about eating nuts? Does it cause you to stall??

What is your max carbs per day??

Thanks so much!!
Happy1
  #171   ^
Old Fri, Feb-22-02, 17:08
Pending Member

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 215/145/120
BF:
Progress: 74%
Default Welcome Happy

I know what you mean when you found this thread. I love it. I am 5'3" and small bone and I know that I have lost 20 lbs so far and I look like I lost 40. My mother was 4'11 and when she died she only weighed 120 but it was too much for her.

Yes, I have lost my breast but I found doing exercise help them firm up and they actually look and feel better. The first thing I lost was my feet. I went down a size and half then I noticed my face was slimming down. I start from the bottom and skimmed the middle and end up on top. But now I am losing everywhere.

Welcome again and welcome home for all us petite ladies. I look forward in sharing your journey to a smaller you.
Donna
  #172   ^
Old Fri, Feb-22-02, 17:30

BF:

Hello everyone,
Hope you all had a good, Welcome Happy1, I know how you feel I'm 5' tall and pear shaped as well..And Yes I had to loose quite a bit more than you did but I do understand that you want to be at a weight that is comfortable to you so way to go this WOL is healthier no matter what you weigh...I used to wear a 40DD and now after loosing 130lbs I'm a 34B..... I exercise and they are small but quite firm....I much prefer them small,now I just hope the rest of the weight comes off the hips and legs..
I went shopping for a dress today I have a wedding to go too and bought a size 8 petite,I never would have thought at size 26 that I would someday were a size 8.WHAT A GREAT WOL!!!!!!!!!!!!

Welcome to the world of petite ladies
Take care
Louise
  #173   ^
Old Fri, Feb-22-02, 18:49
Registered Member

Plan: the Zone
Stats: 110/110/110
BF:
Progress: 0%
Default I'm part of the club too

Although I'm not trying to lose weight necessarily(5"3 and 118 pounds now),I want to get my carb addiction under control.I'm hoping I can train myself to follow The Zone diet -more protein,less carbs(plain rice cakes are my favourite food)
  #174   ^
Old Fri, Feb-22-02, 22:26
Registered Member

Stats: 145/116/115
BF:
Progress: 97%
Post Welcome

Welcome Marty and Happy1 ,

Yes, it is good to have a group of people to talk to who under stand that 10 lbs does look like 30 on us. I really was happy to find this forum. I'm 5'3" and last year reach 150 lbs.
As to your question about max carbs, Happy1, are you still turning purple as you add carbs? It will be your indicator of the max carbs you can have and still lose. The best nuts are macadamia, walnut, or almond. They are the lowest in carb. For a snack 1/4 c or a handful equals 6 to 8 grams.
Yeah! I lost 2 lbs this week! I'm back on track. Now to start an exersize routine. I do get in about 45 min. of walking a day.
Feeling Great!!
Angelfish
  #175   ^
Old Sun, Feb-24-02, 20:46
Registered Member

Plan: Low Carb
Stats: 167/125/115
BF:
Progress: 81%
Default I'm Back

Hi everyone-

It's been a while since I've stopped. Work and school have been keeping me pretty busy, but only a few more months and I an finished. Yeah

Way to go Louise, I can't wait to get to a size 8. It's been a while!

Right now my goal is a size 12. It's taken me nearly 3 months to lose 22 pounds. And I feel like I have lost nothing. I am not doing the Atkin's diet. I am currently eating all the protein, fruit and vegetalbes I want. I do see a difference when I drink my water. I have been debating whether or not I should do the induction for two weeks and then slowly add carbs. I'm not sure what to do. I just want to take off the weight and keep it off. Well, if any one has any suggestions feel free to drop a line.

keep up the good work everyone!
Danielle
  #176   ^
Old Mon, Feb-25-02, 08:55
Registered Member

Plan: veggie low carb
Stats: 131/131/105 Female 4'11''
BF:
Progress: 0%
Smile so glad I found this thread!

hi, I'm so glad I found you guys! I'm 4'11'' and all the girls I know seem to be almost a foot taller than me. Well, maybe it just feels that way! I want to lose a little more than 20 pounds...I left my job and started working from home in September and I guess with all the sweatpants I've been wearing lately, it was easy to ignore the weight I've gained since then. I'm hoping to get down to 95, although for some reason I always have trouble dropping below 100...but at my height (and age, I'm 27) I think 95 seems about right.
I'm a vegetarian, so I'm having a bit of trouble finding a plan that I will be able to stick with, but I'm going to go to the bookstore today and try to find something good. I think there is a vegetarian zone book..but boy am I going to miss pasta
Anyway, I'm glad to know you guys are out there. It always helps to know some people in the same boat...
Suzy
PS does anyone know anything good for preventing stretch marks? I got a bunch of them the last time I lost some weight, I'd like to try to stop them in their tracks this time!
  #177   ^
Old Mon, Feb-25-02, 10:59

Stats: 223/140/140
BF:
Progress: 100%

I belive streatch marks are caused by wheight gain, not loss. They just become much more visable when you loose the wheight and they kind of pucker up. They are when the elasticity of your skin is streatched too far becuase you are not growing skin fast enough for the area the skin needs to cover. Sorry!
  #178   ^
Old Mon, Feb-25-02, 12:20

BF:

Good Afternoon Everyone
Hope you all had a good weekend!!!! Welcome to the new comers!!!! Danielle I think it might be a good idea to do induction level for a few weeks. I'm on PP and have gone back and done the Purist level, it just seems to get things moving again when you have a slow down.
I think once we get stetch marks, they're there forever, however I've been using Nivea body Skin Firming lotion with coenzyme Q10 and this seems to be helping with elasticity ,and the stretch marks seem less noticible than they used to.
Have a good day everyone!!!! Louise
  #179   ^
Old Mon, Feb-25-02, 16:21

Plan: ATKINS
Stats: 107/103/97
BF:
Progress: 40%

THANKS EVERYONE! LOUISE IT'S GREAT TO SHOP FOR A SMALLER SIZE ISN'T IT! I CAN'T WAIT TO SHOP FOR SMALLER PANTS.

DONNAJ YOU REALLY GAVE ME HOPE THAT EVENTUALLY I'LL LOSE IN MY THIGHS!! I PLAN TO START LIFTING LIGHT WEIGHTS AS SOON AS MY TOM IS OVER (HAVING PROBLEMS IN THAT AREA!) I ALSO HAVE BEEN WALKING CONSISTENTLY FOR OVER A YEAR NOW SO MAYBE THIS STUBBORN FAT WILL LEAVE!!
HAPPY1
  #180   ^
Old Tue, Feb-26-02, 07:02

BF:

Good Morning Ladies!!!!!
You're so right Happy1 I used to hate to shop for clothes, I would only go when I needed someting and everything looked the same at the big lady stores. Now that I fit into regular clothes it's a whole new experience.... It's great!!!!!!
When you do start to exercise you will notice a drop in your hips and legs and your pants will get loose. Well another snow storm so looks like I'll be doing upper body using my shovel in the driveway!!!!
Have a great day
Louise