Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Countdowns, Buddies & Challenges
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#151   ^
Old Mon, Aug-12-02, 20:41

Plan: Rich's New Diet
Stats: 532/395/300 Male 6"6"
BF:
Progress: 59%

Still doing Great on the No cheat. I'm really surprised it hasn't been all that hard.

Today was a Challenge. My Power went out this morning. A Transformer Exploded. It was out for around 7 hours.

So I took off at 11 this morning but knew I had to stop to get something to eat. I was getting Real Hungery and kind of Faint.

So I stopped at the Meat Market and got some Corn Beef and Smoked Chedder Cheese.

I went to a near by Park along the Mississippi River and parked under a Shade Tree got out my 5 inch TV and turned on Days Of Our Lives. and had 3 or 4 Beef and Cheese Rollups and Drank a Diet Pepsi.

Actually it was kind of fun. A Mini Picnic. So today i had all Total

8 slices of Beef 16 oz
8 slices of Cheese 6 oz

1 Liter of Diet Pepsi.

50 oz of water.
Sponsored Links
  #152   ^
Old Mon, Aug-12-02, 21:12

Plan: General low carb
Stats: 185/173/150 Female 5'5"
BF:
Progress: 34%

Another one bites the dust......another day, I mean.....still no cheating. This is just wonderful. Sher....thanks for coming uo with this. And the rest of you....thank you....thank you...thank you for all the incouragment and support. Maybe this will get the scale moving for the first time in a while. Hugs to all....
  #153   ^
Old Tue, Aug-13-02, 04:00
Pending Member

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 215/145/120
BF:
Progress: 74%
Default Just checking in,

Haven't cheated and so far I haven't weigh in again. I am really trying not to weigh in until Labor Day but I did get into a pair of 10 short yestersday. I couldn't believe it. I am still taking care of my neighbor and haven't much time to write. But I am proud of you all. We can do this together.
Donna
  #154   ^
Old Tue, Aug-13-02, 06:13

Plan: Weight Watchers
Stats: 305/221/180 Female 5'3''
BF:
Progress: 67%
Default SO FAR SO GOOD DAY #10 HAS BEGUN....

Okay beginning day #10. I am trying to stay away from the scales also until Labor Day. At exercise yesterday morning a couple of the ladies ask if I was losing weight they said I looked thinner, we can only hope.

Bob and I are driving down to see my Mother today we have to see for ourselves how she is, sometime you don't get all the infor over the phone.

Richard, great choices and hopefully the electricity was back on by the time you returned home. Okay you said something about drinking diet pepsi, is is caffeine free?? Or do you drink the caffeine?? Just wondering. I drink Diet Rite. Have gotten on this kick lately of have heavy cream and splenda in my coffee, now what is that all about, I have always been a black coffee drinker.
My sister from MO gave me a set of Suzanne Somers video and audio tapes and she also preaches no sugar no white flour,but she does say it is okay to eat fruit, except banannas. Anyway I am not planning on jumping off Atkins but I do find her interesting.
Okay need to run, everyone have a great day. Tanya, I love your WF, that Sinnea she is way toooo sweet. Love to all joan
  #155   ^
Old Tue, Aug-13-02, 06:32

Plan: lchf
Stats: 325/264/140 Female 5 feet 6 inches
BF:
Progress: 33%

Hi there
Thanks for the Welcome Tanya
made it through my first day of No cheat!! wooooooo hooooooo.....actaully i havent cheated in a couple weeks really...so hopefully this fairy that Sienna made me will blow away some pounds for me by labor day
keep up the good work all.....i am posting my menus in my journal.....have a great day!!!!!!!
maggie
  #156   ^
Old Tue, Aug-13-02, 07:56
OSU Cowboy Fan

Plan: Lapband/low carb
Stats: 248/169/145 Female 5'6"
BF:42/29/25
Progress: 77%
Default Day 10

All I can say is, Bring on the Krispy Kreme Doughnuts , Bring on the Tippons Pie , Bring on the homemade chocolate chip cookies, ain't nothing breaking down this wall! Oh yes, I am feeling good today, 9 days gone and NO CHEATING, day 10 is here and I feel so in control! Man it feels good.

Keep up the great work everyone, we are all going to be thinner by Labor Day! I still haven't weighed either, and my jeans are looser.....................

Marlaine, congrats on another 1/2 pound gone forever. I've watched your stats for almost a year now, and you are really an inspiration. I just hope some day mine look like yours.......

Okay, here we go, Day 10!
  #157   ^
Old Tue, Aug-13-02, 11:40

Plan: atkins
Stats: 250/198/170
BF:unknown
Progress: 65%
Default way to go everybody

I am really glad that we have this thread. I am happy to say that I am in controll for the very first time in years. no wants of any kind. Just wanted to say thank you all.

cya Greg
  #158   ^
Old Tue, Aug-13-02, 11:56

Plan: Whole Foods Since 2/02
Stats: 360.5/174.5/200 Female 68 inches
BF:
Progress: 116%
Cool Thanks for the Kind Welcome, Joan!

And just a note:

It Is Still ON!

#159   ^
Old Tue, Aug-13-02, 12:51

Stats: 220/160.4/160 Female 5'6"
BF:
Progress: 99%
Talking Hi Everyone!!!

Gotta post quick ... powers been playing havoc around here ...
Nasty storms last night and the power was off and it was on and it was off and it was on ... and - well you get the gest ... so couldn't post last night ... and now I'm watching the storm clouds pull in for another bout .!!!!! but wanted to stop in and say my DAY 9 was GREAT !!!!

Total carbs for the day = 20.75 ....

I'll go thru the list again tomorrow .. I can't foresee being able to do it tonight ... (I have friends coming over .. and these Tstorm warnings had better not mess with the power today !!!! )

Okay .. gotta get to the grocery store and pick up some strawberries for my strawberry margarita cake (low carb from the recipe section )

Talk later all !!!!
And Big Hug Welcome to the newbies ....
TheBetty and Maggie ...

Talk later ...
Love ya all!!!
  #160   ^
Old Tue, Aug-13-02, 13:36

Plan: atkins
Stats: 156/135/120 Female 5' 3
BF:156/135/120
Progress: 58%
Default you guys are inspiration

You guys are an inspiration. I will be doing my own little chanllenge of no cheating until Labor Day even though this is the 13th. I have only had 10grams of carbs today. I had to break down and eat some peanuts. I will fill good if I can keep it under 20grams per day. Cher you are the greatest.
  #161   ^
Old Tue, Aug-13-02, 16:02

Stats: 305/221/180 Female 5'3''
BF:
Progress: 67%
Wink WELCOME, WELCOME.......

LISACC, WELCOME TO THE NO CHEAT TILL LABOR DAY.

So you are from Bowling Green , Ky, Well my Mom lives about 40
miles west of you she live in Beaver Dam, Ky. Small world.
I forgot to check if you had started a journal. Keep up the good work. Joan, fellow Kentuckian
  #162   ^
Old Tue, Aug-13-02, 16:47

Plan: atkins-ish
Stats: 403/403/299 Female 5'10"
BF:
Progress: 0%
Thumbs up WhooooHooo!

Still hanging in there!!! NO cheats or slips and feeling FABULOUS!!!

Hey Lisa!!! I was wondering if you'd be back to join us!!! Hope you are doing well!

Peace,
Star
  #163   ^
Old Tue, Aug-13-02, 17:30

Plan: Atkins, Simeons protocol
Stats: 285/197/165 Female 5'3
BF:45/39
Progress: 73%

Hey all you non cheater here!! Sounds like everyone is doing great! so far so good for me too. It sure does help give an insentive with all this support! take care and have a great no cheat week!!!
  #164   ^
Old Tue, Aug-13-02, 17:43

Plan: Pregnant
Stats: 318.5/276/190 Female 5 9
BF:
Progress: 33%

Hey all
Today is my 2 month anniversary for LCing. I dont really cheat but this is still a really positive thread for me to be involved in! I am excited to say I am 30 lbs and about 10 inches lighter and leaner (FLEXES )

Thanks for the positive energy on here!
KEEP UP THE GREAT WORK EVERYONE!!!!!!!!

Vicki
  #165   ^
Old Tue, Aug-13-02, 19:43

Plan: General low carb
Stats: 185/173/150 Female 5'5"
BF:
Progress: 34%

Hello everyone. Another good day here.....NO CHEATING....with all you guys I can do this forever. I'll post my menu for today in my journal. Have a great night.