Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Low-Carb Products
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

View Poll Results: Would I Make A Free Call for Future Access to Liquid Splenda?
Yes, Right Away! 413 79.27%
As Soon As I Can... 67 12.86%
Maybe Next Week... 27 5.18%
Absolutely Not! 14 2.69%
Voters: 521. You may not vote on this poll

#136   ^
Old Sun, Sep-29-02, 06:48

Plan: Protein Power/Atkins
Stats: 244/202/160 Female 5'6''
BF:
Progress: 50%

Keto advertises the Keto Sweet product as Splenda without fillers.

Although it is Splenda in a granular form, wouldn't it accomplish the same purpose as liquid Splenda? ( i.e. - zero carbs ?)

Terry
Sponsored Links
  #137   ^
Old Sun, Sep-29-02, 23:54

Plan: atkins
Stats: 315/280/175
BF:
Progress: 25%
Lightbulb Liquid sucralose web site

one 75ml bottle of liquid sucralose is equivelent to 4 pounds of sugar. I believe this is why you can't get it in the USA in liquid form. J&J would not be able to make as much money. Selling the packet version will make them much more money due to the fillers that are added.

I am still using my first bottle of liquid sucralose, I have had it for over a year.
The packet of liquid sucralose says 3 drops = 1 tsp. But I think it is much sweeter than that. It also mixes well with cream chease and Cocoa where I find the packet stuff turns bitter.

If you can read Portugese here is the web site: http://www.slimdiet.com.br/ado_pp.htm

I can't read portugese so when my last bottle is gon
  #138   ^
Old Mon, Sep-30-02, 00:03

Plan: atkins
Stats: 315/280/175
BF:
Progress: 25%
Default Continue

Sorry I got cut off.

I was going to say "When it's gone its gone"
any way if you go to the web site you have to klick on the Avancar button on the right to see the liquid sucrlose.
  #139   ^
Old Sun, Oct-06-02, 19:18
Registered Member

Plan: Atkins,PP - wgt in %
Stats: 100/96.8/69 Female 5'6.5"
BF:DWTK/DDare/JEnuf
Progress: 10%

Quote:
Originally posted by barefoot1
Keto advertises the Keto Sweet product as Splenda without fillers.

Although it is Splenda in a granular form, wouldn't it accomplish the same purpose as liquid Splenda? ( i.e. - zero carbs ?)

Terry

Terry, although Keto might advertise the Keto Sweet as being LIKE Splenda, it ISN'T Splenda (a brand name) and it contains no sucralose (patented by the Splenda people). If you have a look at the product ingredients of Keto Sweet on the Keto website at www.ketofoods.com, you will clearly see that the ingredients are a mix of glycine (an amino acid that is mildly sweet in flavour but has zero carbs) and acesulfame-K.

It does rather accomplish the zero-carbs desire, but the flavour is a bit different and it doesn't (and won't) work precisely the same as liquid Splenda... the reason folks want liquid Splenda (or even those tiny little tablets) is to get the flavour of the sucralose without the fillers of the maltodextrin.
  #140   ^
Old Wed, Oct-09-02, 13:22

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 205/205/150
BF:
Progress: 0%

Well I know this conversation started a long time ago but I work in Guelph and called McNeil Consumer Healthcare here and the consumer relation person I spoke to just said it wasn't available but she would pass my request to the marketing department and that they have had quite a few requests for the product recently.

Tracy <----------trying to particiapte more and not "lurk" so I'm not deleted/politely removed from here ..lol
  #141   ^
Old Wed, Oct-16-02, 06:20

Plan: Somersizing, Atkins
Stats: 168/142/120
BF:
Progress: 54%

Hi Y'all:

As a manufacturer, I can tell you a little bit about McNeil. First of all, they are extremely cautious with their product. We buy the very concentrated form of Splenda in both the powder and liquid form. This stuff is soooooooo concentrated. We wear masks when we work with the powder, because it gets everywhere. You can taste the sweet for the entire day. Same goes for the liquid.

They do not allow just anyone to use the name "Splenda". You must get their approval and they must scrutinize your labeling first. Also, you cannot resell any of their products as a sweetener. You cannot mix with other sweeteners and sell either.

We had to fill out tons of paperwork just to do business with them. Also, they are the only game in town. You can't get sucralose anywhere else! So, as a manufacturer, it's best to play by their rules. They can and will cut you off if you don't. This is most likely what happened to "Better Bodies" and some of the other distributors.

Anyway, hope this answers some of your questions.

Warm Wishes,
Colleen
  #142   ^
Old Thu, Oct-17-02, 09:02

Plan: Protein Power/Atkins
Stats: 244/202/160 Female 5'6''
BF:
Progress: 50%

Island Girl -

Thank you very much for bringing this to my attention.

In order to cut down on the carbs from the filler in the granular Splenda, in the absence of liquid Splenda, I've been using more Da Vinci syrup in my recipes.

In other words, it appears that Da Vinci is almost a form of liquid Splenda with flavoring added.

So what I've done is adjusted the amount of the other liquid ingredients in a particular recipe and added the syrup in place of some of the granular Splenda.

This is a work around that seems to turn out ok in many recipes.

Thanks again, Terry
  #143   ^
Old Fri, Oct-18-02, 14:53

Stats: 176/166/125
BF:
Progress: 20%
Default Re: Liquid Splenda

I emailed regarding liquid Splenda and received the following reply. I sure wish they had this
in their plans, like NOW, but at least they are aware of those of us who need this item.
Bette

Subject: Re: Splenda No Calorie Sweetener / reference 2801372A
Date: Wed, 28 Aug 02 16:30:02

Dear Elizabeth (bfranke),

Thank you for visiting the SPLENDA (TM) No Calorie Sweetener website. We hope you became more familiar with Splenda during your visit to the site.

Although we do not have any plans at this time to extend our product line to include a liquid version of SPLENDA (TM) No Calorie Sweetener, we are always exploring potential line extensions. We are aware of the low-carb consumer base that is interested in having a liquid version of SPLENDA (TM) No Calorie Sweetener available in the United States and as we plan for the future we will take this into consideration.

We hope this information is helpful, however, if you would like to learn more, you are welcome to contact us again through e-mail or call a Splenda representative at 1-800-777-5363.

Tracey Ely
SPLENDA Consumer Relationship Cente
  #144   ^
Old Wed, Nov-13-02, 14:17

Plan: modified Atkins
Stats: 255/173/125 Female 63"
BF:
Progress: 63%

Would these products be helpful to anyone? I'm kind of a newbie to artificial sweeteners and didn't come on the scene until after Sucralose had come and gone (direct to the general public) and so am not familiar on how these compare. But it is liquid Splenda, sort of. I have the fiber fit, which doesn have 1 carb, but that's fiber and I seem to do fine deducting that. I think the syrups are carb free, but I've never tried them. (If anyone here knows, I'd like to know the difference between the acidic and neutral base!)I like the fiberfit -- 1 teaspoon supposedly has the sweetness of 4 teaspoons of sugar, and that's the ratio I'm going by when using it in foods and recipes and it seems to be doing the job.
Just thought this might be suitable for someone who hadn't yet heard of it.

http://www.bestbodyproducts.com/fiberfit/

http://www.naturesflavors.com/defau...h/14_39/from/fp
  #145   ^
Old Wed, Nov-13-02, 16:28
Registered Member

CarlaKapla, the FiberFit is a brand-new product just out on the market, by the same BestBodySupplements company we discussed earlier in this conversational thread.

I believe yours is the first post about them in this Products Forum, and your input is appreciated.

You will find many posts about the Nature's Flavors brand of sugarfree syrups in the Products Forum (you will enjoy using the SEARCH function on the upper right hand of your screen and finding ALL KINDS of useful info for a 'newbie' I'm sure). They have the 'bases' which is shorthand in foodservice terminology for flavourless sweet sauce or syrup.

The neutral base will therefore be just sweet and the acid base is highly like to have some citric acid added, and would be a good starting point for, say, adding citrus flavours.

Hope this helps some?
  #146   ^
Old Sun, Dec-29-02, 09:09

Stats: 145/131/120
BF:
Progress: 56%
Default sortof liquid splenda

Never mind! I just saw where others have seen naturesflavors.com

Last edited by noladq : Sun, Dec-29-02 at 09:14.
  #147   ^
Old Mon, Dec-30-02, 17:15

Plan: SS/Atkins
Stats: 250/239/150
BF:
Progress: 11%

I thought i would post this in this thread. I own my own soap and toiletries business. I make lip balm, which is next to impossible to sweeten. So i started thinking about the pure suralose. i found a contact number for Mcneil Pharmaceuticals. Turns out they will sell me either the liquid or powder form. They sent me out samples of both today. Now the problem, i do not need either a kilo of powder or 18 liters of liquid, but that is the minimum order. First of all, i don't want to get in trouble for doing this, but i know a lot of you are looking for pure sucralose. i feel like a drug dealer or something. i am wanting to know if there is enough interest from you guys wanting to buy some of my extra,
for me to order. I am leaning towards the powder, which is 600 times sweeter than sugar. The salesperson told me that one ounce is equivalent to 96 cups of sugar. If i could get some feedback about this, i would really appreciate it!
Thanks!
Erin
  #148   ^
Old Mon, Dec-30-02, 18:19

Stats: 176/166/125
BF:
Progress: 20%
Default sort of liquid splenda

Erin......YES,YES,YES,
I would certainly be interested in purchasing some sucralose. The question is where are you located? Cost of product and then shipping costs?
I am sure the powder would be most economical to ship, just as the powdered stevia is more economical to use. Then we could dilute it with our own distilled water, and have a carb free product.
So, if you will email more particulars, I bet I can find a few more interested in purchasing this!
*****.******~*****.***
Thanks,
Bette
erinb
Turns out they will sell me either the liquid or powder form, and sent me out samples of both today. Now the problem, i do not need either a kilo of powder or 18 liters of liquid, but that is the minimum order. First of all, I don't want to get in trouble for doing this, but i know a lot of
you are looking for pure sucralose. i feel like a drug dealer or something. i am wanting to know if there is enough interest from you guys wanting to buy some of my extra, for me to order. I am leaning towards the powder, which is 600 times sweeter than sugar. The salesperson told me that
one ounce is equivalent to 96 cups of sugar. If i could get some feedback about this, i would really appreciate it!
Thanks!
Erin

Last edited by tofi : Sat, Sep-18-04 at 04:07.
  #149   ^
Old Tue, Dec-31-02, 20:47

Stats: 383.5/334/160
BF:
Progress: 22%
Default Emailed Splenda

I just joined this forum today. I ran across it while doing a google search for liquid splenda. I sent my email via the splenda.com site.
  #150   ^
Old Tue, Dec-31-02, 23:00
Registered Member

Exclamation

ErinB, not to rain on your parade, but you might want to have a good read through this thread about the Liquid Splenda.

You will read that McNeil/J&J frown HEAVILY on anyone marketing unmodified/unlicensed sucralose other than themselves. They have CLOSED a couple of businesses and cut off their supplies in the process.

Please just be warned, what you want to do is not legal/licensed.

sig: Products Forum Moderator