Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Countdowns, Buddies & Challenges
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#136   ^
Old Wed, Aug-20-03, 06:30

Plan: Just Low Carb
Stats: 168/158/145 Female 5'6
BF:26%
Progress: 43%
Smile Exercise Status

Good Morning Ladies...

Hope all is well with everyone. Just thought I would post my workout for yesterday.

2.25 miles in 32 mins.

Have a Great Day!!!!

Take Care,

20B
Sponsored Links
  #137   ^
Old Wed, Aug-20-03, 08:44

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 182/152/120 Female 5'1
BF:
Progress: 48%

Hi ladies,

I got on the scale this morning and I have lost 3.5 lbs. I am so happy.
  #138   ^
Old Wed, Aug-20-03, 10:30

Amiee~~
That is great.....

Your post saved me.....I was so close to cheating...Oh my goodness. I'm having those craving, and the fact that I'm allegic to chocolate doesn't help.....PMS is really hurting me....I am really trying to stay to strong..........

Hmmmmmmmm let me drink my water, and just not think about it!

Last edited by 20b430 : Wed, Aug-20-03 at 10:32.
  #139   ^
Old Wed, Aug-20-03, 10:48

Stats: 230/205/180 Female 5'11
BF:
Progress: 50%

Ok everyone here's my first real post...I was wondering what made you all start Atkins. It's kind of hard telling folks about it because I know what they're going to say (negative comments usually...or "you know that's unhealthy right", etc). I'm a rising junior in college and I was frustrated with being overweight for my freshman and sophomore years. I was in denial about it ignoring the sudden aches and pains I would feel in my joints due to the excess weight I had packed on and the shortness of breath when I climbed stairs. I also started noticing my addiction to sugar...my father has advanced diabetes II and that was another reason I opted for atkins it seemed like a great plan to not only lose weight but help prevent me from developing diabetes. Unfortunately I did not weigh myself the day I started atkins but the last time I did I was weighing in at 230 lbs and standing at 5'11 and wearing a size 16. After doing atkins for roughly a month I weighed in at 210 lbs and was down to a size 14. I haven't weighed myself this week because its that TOM but next week I will. I really want to get back into exercising...the funny thing is that my freshman year I was part of an athletic team and second year I would run 9 miles a week including weight training and I never lost any weight....before Atkins I never focused so much on the nutritional aspect of weight loss, I always thought that if I exhausted myself exercising I would lose the weight. Also it seems like most of you have the most weight to lose in the hips and buttocks (I actually wouldn't mind adding some inches to my narrow hips). Most of my weight is gained throughout my midsection which seems to be the worst place to try to lose weight. Ok I'm gonna stop typing now because this thread is getting way too long..Soon I too will be in the exercise challege

Toodles
  #140   ^
Old Wed, Aug-20-03, 11:43
"Natural Mystic"

Stats: 178/108/120 Female 5' 1"
BF:45%/17%/15%
Progress: 121%

Hey Sisters! Hope your Wednesday is going great!

MsLayila Congrats on losing 20 pounds and dropping down to size 14!
:

You are doing fabulous. Imagine when you start your workouts.
Thanks for sharing your story with us. I know it is not east to do. Good luck on your journey.

Amiee congrats on your 3.5 pound whoosh. Awesome!
:

20b430, I am so happy that you did not cheat. Each time you don't your will gets strong. Good going on your workout too! Stay Strong! Just remember alot of women whoosh after their TOM so if you stick with the program you might experience that whoosh you deserve.
:

Kalondra, I agree with Amiee. This is not about the numbers. It's more about supporting and encouraging one another. You don't have to post your workout if you have not or if you don't feel like it. You can just say hey or discuss anything...your life, movies, your frustrations when you have them...whatever.

My Workout for today:
Cardio 40 minutes 2.79 miles
Abs--6 sets--25 reps 12 minutes

Be safe all.

Peace
red

Last edited by red1cutie : Wed, Aug-20-03 at 11:44.
  #141   ^
Old Wed, Aug-20-03, 16:53

Stats: 244/225/215 Female 5'9 inches
BF:
Progress: 66%

Hey Ladies!

Hope everyone had a lovely day! Mine was ok. The job wasn't too hectic today. I also did fairly well today as far as staying on plan. I just need to get moving. Besides that, I'm pleased.

Aimee, Congrats on the loss! I know it's such a good feeling. I am looking forward to my whoosh.

20b430, good for you for not cheating today. We had Krispy Kreme doughnuts at work today & I ate one. I shouldn't have. But it was good. I am gradually building up to be able to resist temptation. The thing is that I had already ate an Atkins breakfast bar and I was full. I just wanted the dang doughnut.

MsLayila, I agree with red1cutie about the whoosh after your TOM. The same thing happens with me. I always seem to lose after TOM leaves. I have a lot of extra weight in my stomach too. I have rolls or love handles or whatever the right word is for them. I just say it's fat. I am 5'9 and when I was in college (jr & sr yr), I gained about 40 pounds. That was after I met my ex-boyfriend and we went out to eat all the time. He gained weight too. After we broke up, I began Atkins & lost most of that weight. But I have gained most of it back now. Ok, I'll end this now before I began to bore you all with my stories. I have to find some more recipes.
kalondra
  #142   ^
Old Wed, Aug-20-03, 18:11

Plan: Moderate Carb...
Stats: 235/195/140 Female 5'3
BF:HELP!!!
Progress: 42%

Hey ladies...how is everyone doing today... I'm doing a little better today, but still feeling bad..cramps...pain...but did exercise...1 hour step aerobics...

Congratulations to all who lost weight and maintained their WOE.... To those cheaters...pick yourself up....dust yourself off...and start all over again...lol... Thats about the best advice I can give...recovery is the next meal away...

Hope everyone had a great day...
  #143   ^
Old Wed, Aug-20-03, 18:55

Stats: 140/123/120 Female 67 inches
BF:18%
Progress: 85%

Hi Ladies,
2 hours (1 hr spinning & 1 hr upper body)
God Bless,

Congratulations Aimee on the 3.5 lbs. Way to go :-)

MsLayila Congratulations to you also for losing 20 lbs. and dropping down to size 14! Keep up the good work.
  #144   ^
Old Thu, Aug-21-03, 07:43

Unhappy

Confession time......I did cheat!!!!! I hadn't when I wrote in the post,,,but I couldn't help it......It wasn't bad but it was still a cheat,,,I had a couple of Hot Corn Tortilia Chips,,,,probably about 10....It was w/ my salad...I didn't get completely off the plan......I don't let a cheat change the whole day.....I just wanted those chips really bad!!! I'm just glad it didn't throw me out of ketosis.....nor did I gain any weight!
Another thing.....How long have I been waiting for AF......hmm....she still hasn't appeared.....I have all the signs, but those are the same signs for something else as well......
Well I will know something soon.....
Take Care all and Have a Blessed Day!

20B
  #145   ^
Old Thu, Aug-21-03, 08:57
"Natural Mystic"

Stats: 178/108/120 Female 5' 1"
BF:45%/17%/15%
Progress: 121%

Hi everyone! Hope everyone is doing well.

Kalondra, I am glad you shared you story. You're tall, I wish I was that tall. I'm 5'. Okay so you cheated, just start Induction again and when you feel the emotional need (it was not physical since you said you were not hungry) think about your goals. Hopeully you will be lucky and it will not throw you out of ketosis or make you gain water weight. If so, just hang in there and stick with the plan. You can do this!

20b430, I am glad that you got right back on and the cheat did not become a whole day event. Seriously. I am also glad that you were not thrown out of ketosis because it takes a few days to get back depending on how bad the cheat was. And you did not gain either which is great and that's because you had the will not to blow the entire day. Next time you feel weak try eating some protein with fat, that usually helps with cravings. Also water too. Sometimes this WOL can throw your TOM off track.
Quote:
I have all the signs, but those are the same signs for something else as well......
Hmm...is it what I think you mean? If so you have been blessed.

My Workout:
Upper body workout 42 minutes

Have an amazing day all.

Peace
red
  #146   ^
Old Thu, Aug-21-03, 12:34

BF:
Talking Exercise Challenge

Exercise Challenge
Amiee3377: 3 miles 8 minutes(taebo)
202430: 2.25 miles
Harleydee: 20 minutes WTG
Red1cutie: 2.79 miles 54 minutes
Atkins05: 4 hours
Total: 322 minutes 8.04 miles

Cummulative Challenge Numbers

1020 minutes and 44.32 miles

We are almost there ladies.

Last edited by amiee3377 : Thu, Aug-21-03 at 12:53.
  #147   ^
Old Thu, Aug-21-03, 12:50

BF:

I feel like I've been doing this all day long except I'm female of course.

Harleydee--I'm so proud of you. You may not see it now but those 20 minutes will pay off

Atkins05: You are beautiful. I went to your website. So do you and your husband have a record label? I guess I should have read the website but I'm at work. Shhh Don't tell anyone I'm on the net.

MsLayila--Congratulations on your loss.

20b430--If I'm thinking like Red1cutie then just tell God thank you. But you still have to report everyday.
  #148   ^
Old Thu, Aug-21-03, 13:13

BF:

I think we should have a water challenge once this one is complete. If you want to sponsor it then please do so.
  #149   ^
Old Thu, Aug-21-03, 13:46

Whatever it may or could be I thank God!!!!

I'm up for whatever challenge is thrown my way!

Take Care Ladies

20B
  #150   ^
Old Thu, Aug-21-03, 18:37

Stats: 140/123/120 Female 67 inches
BF:18%
Progress: 85%

Hi Ladies, I hope all is well :-)
1hour & 15 min. (1 hour lower body) (15 min eplitical) (too tired to do any thing else)

Thanks Aimee for the compliment <blush> Yes my husband & I have a record label. It's Spin it Records, Inc. (theirs only a few artist signed now, but hopefully we can expand/grow soon). Thanks for visiting the site, it really needs some work (I'm just too lazy to do it).

God Bless,