Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Daily Low-Carb Support > Atkins Diet
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Tue, Jan-14-03, 11:15

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 288/280/175
BF:unknown
Progress: 7%
Default Poll: Atkins Products

I would like to conduct a poll of the Atkins Products (baking mix, bread, muffin mix, bars, etc).
Tell us what Atkins products you have used and rate them 1 - 10
(1- being spit it out & gag awful & 10 - being fabulous, gotta have more).
Where do you buy your Atkins Products?
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Tue, Jan-14-03, 14:51
Registered Member

Stats: 260/260/130 Female 5'2"
BF:
Progress: 0%

A few comments about some Atkins products I've tried:

Lemon Poppyseed Breakfast Bars: 1 (awful, I hated the taste, it was like eating medicine)

Atkins flavored syrups: 7 (They're okay; I use them for flavoring coffee, to sweeten cream, to put on Atkins pancakes and some baking)

Atkins Muffin Mixes: 8 (I've tried cranberry/orange, blueberry and chocolate and they were all very good)

Atkins Pancake Mix: 6 (It's okay. It's not like real pancakes, but it's a nice change from eggs)

Atkins Shakes : 5 (They're okay if I am in a real hurry and don't have time for a meal)

Atkins Bars : 5-8 varies by flavor (I like most of the bars, although I am trying not to eat them frequently. I think I lose less weight when I eat them every day)

Atkins Endulge Bars : 9 (I really like these, but also must limit them to a few times a month; they have a laxative effect for me)

Atkins Bake Mix: 6-7 (I only used this once to make muffins; they came out alright, although not as good as the mixes did; I will use it again if needed in a recipe)
  #3   ^
Old Tue, Jan-14-03, 15:25

Stats: 367/225/175
BF:
Progress: 74%

Here's some of the stuff I've tried...

Atkins muffin mix- 7 (Not too bad, but I made huge muffins and cut them in half. I've only tried the blueberry and corn though)

Atkins indulge bars- 8 (Not too shabby, I prefer the Carbolite ones, tjose I'd rate a 9 at least)

Atkins Bars: 1-10 (depends on the flavor, I like: cookies and cream, berry cheesecake, chocolate coconut, frosted cinnamon....I DO NOT like: the almond brownie or the chocolate peanut butter. I want to try the new S'mores!! )

Atkins shakes- 4 (I think these are gross but my fiancee swears by them...and he is finicky)

Atkins Ketch-a-tomato- ON order, on it's way to my house!!

Atkins just the cheese rounds - 10++ (I order these, pizza flavored, right from the manufacturer by the case!!)

Atkins Crunchers- On oder, on their way to my house!!

Atkins peanut butter cups- 9 (these are great!! And again something my fiancee swears by)

Atkins white bread- 9 (this bread is great. It is low carb, it is soft and it has no nasty taste. It is great but very expensive to ship)

Atkins frozen cheese pizza- 0 (I thought I was eating a sneaker insert...bleck)

Atkins BBQ sauce- 7 (it is good but very spicy)

Atkins teriyaki sauce- 7 (Great for cooking stir fry with)

Atkins brownie mix- 5 (great if your ever constipated!! They taste good but are like ex-lax brownies)

Atkins Ultra raquet chips- 9 (these are delicious!! don't eat too many though)

Atkins pasta cuts- 0 (YUCK)

I use alot of other products as well, Walden farms, Carbolite, Carbsense....
  #4   ^
Old Tue, Jan-14-03, 16:21

Plan: My own+BFL
Stats: 295/192/170 Female 5'4
BF:46.3/33/25
Progress: 82%

I LOVE the Endulge bars and the Cinnamon breakfast bar thingies

The shakes are ok, I've had tastes of em a few times, and they don't really float my boat, but are good in a pinch Strawberry is the best IMO
  #5   ^
Old Tue, Jan-14-03, 18:25

Plan: Atkins (Pre-Maintenance)
Stats: 160/135/130 Female 5'5"
BF:35%/28%/22%
Progress: 83%

Muffins are my fav. I've tried blueberry and banana nut with lemon poppy sitting waiting for me to make them.

The banana nut are fabulous and the blueberry only slightly less delicious. You'd never know you were eating a low carb muffin.

I also really like Atkins Advantage coconut and peanutbutter flavors.

The only other product I have is Atkins steak sauce which is a little too thin and sweet for my tastes. I think I'm going to mix it with a bit of Worcheshire for body.

That's my take!
  #6   ^
Old Tue, Jan-14-03, 19:23
Getting Healthy!

Plan: General LC
Stats: 213/169/166 Female 5' 8.5"
BF:
Progress: 94%

Below are my Atkin's product ratings:

Muffins: 10 (I've tried them all except chocolate chip and I love them all. My current favorite is the orange cranberry.)

Country White Bread Loaf: 9 (I'm lucky that my local health food store stocks this.)

Endulge Peanut Butter Cups: 9 (They're too good! To avoid eating them, I don't buy them.)

Cinnamon Bun Breakfast Bars: 8

Chocolate Shake (in can, already mixed): 8

Crunchers (only tried barbeque flavor): 7 (Very crunchy!)

Vanilla and Strawberry Shakes (in can): 6

Pancake Mix and pancake syrup: 5

Steak Sauce: 1 (This is the only Atkins product that I'd never buy again.)

I buy Atkins products from my local health food store and on-line from The Better Health Store.

Last edited by CarolynC : Tue, Jan-14-03 at 19:28.
  #7   ^
Old Tue, Jan-14-03, 19:27

Stats: 250/202/145
BF:
Progress: 46%

The Atkins Advantage bars- Chocolate Cononut a 10! It is my fav so far. Chocolate Decadence, Cookies and Cream, Frosted Cinnamon and Pralines and Cream (the new version) are all a 9. The rest of the flavors very, but on average probaly a 6 or 7 except for the MOCHA CRUNCH- YUCK!

The Atkins ready made shakes (I have not tried the mix as of yet)-
The vanilla is a 9, the chocalate is a 10 and the strawberry is a 3 (too artificial and sweet tasting.) I like the shakes because there is no hidden carbs that I can find.

The Atkins breakfast bars- Lemon Poppyseed, the only good use for this bar is to create a brick wall in your house. They are nasty. I can't believe they are still on the market. HOWEVER, the CREAMY CINNAMON BUN BREAKFAST BAR IS AWESOME... I would give it a 9 or a 10. (It gets a 10 when I find them on sale for $3.99 a box!)

The Atkins Bake Mix- YUCK! I bought a can about a month after induction. I can't even remember what I tried to make the first time but I know I was disapointed. Then I make fried chicken with it. ALL I COULD TASTE WAS SOY. A few months later I threw the can out (it expired) and I have not bought it since.

The Atkins Blueberry muffins- I thought were really good, a 7 or an 8. Makes a lot of muffins but I only bought it once.

Atkins Brownie Mix- This is a mixed bag. I loved the flavor! If you ate only one, that would be fine. However, who can stop at one brownie. Problem is, if you do not stop at one, you will be in the bathroom for the next few hours. Rating on taste- a 9+. Rating on after effect is a negitive 100.

Atkins Pancake Mix- I bought this a few weeks ago. I like it a lot. I would give it an 8. So, it taste different than so-called real pancakes. I knew it would. But I still enjoyed them.

Atkins Indugle bars-
The chocolate bar is good I will give it a 7 1/2. (I would rather get russell stovers sugar free milk chocalte truffles. You get three servings of 3 truffles per bag- which equals 9 truffles. made with maltinol, carbs for sugar alcohol is about the same as the Indulge bar. However, it taste better and cost $1.69 for 3 servings where you pay about $1.49 for one serving of Indulge.)

The Atkins Carmel Nut Chew is good. I like it because it is satisfying. I would give it an 8. However, same as above, the russell stover's sugar free carmel nut chews are better.

The Atkins Peanut Butter cups- are good. I would give it an 8 but I am not a big peanut butter fan. I only had this once.

Atkins Steak sauce- This was one of the first Atkins products I bought. I liked it a lot in the beginning. However, now I think it is too sweet. I would give it an 8 if you still haven't got the sugar cravings out of your system. Once you do, it drops down to a 5.

I think this is a great poll. These products can get expensive so its great to hear what others think.

I have a question for those that rated the shakes... Were you rating the ready-made or the mix? I do not want to spend $20.00 on the mix if it is only fair. I drink the ready mades every now and then and that is enough for me. However, if you didn't like the ready made (as you can see, I do) then maybe the mix will be good. Oh, well I will wait and see the other replies!

Again, great post! Thanks!

#8   ^
Old Tue, Jan-14-03, 19:34

Plan: My Own
Stats: 248.5/228.4/150 Female 5' 3"
BF:
Progress: 20%

I have tried Dr. Atkins hot cearal and it is a 10 plus. I really like it and will have to order more.

Bread mix 8(seems to be a little moist but still good)

bars have all been good

Pancake and waffle mix is a 10, has a great taste.

Syrup is good but have found one cheaper in the store

Windy
  #9   ^
Old Tue, Jan-14-03, 20:58

Plan: Atkins/PP
Stats: 185/183/160 Female 5'5
BF:?/?/?
Progress: 8%

Atkins Bars-- Lemon and Strawberry Cheesecake= 9

Cheesecake ordered (mix) I think its called "Carb lovers cheesecake mix"= 9 or 10 (this is not his , but he make $$ on it )

Atkins Banana nut muffins= 12!!!
Blueberry = 7 (but I never was a huge bluebery muffin fan)

Bake mix to make "Bread" I think(yuck). Maybe it was my baking or mixing technique, but I thouhgt it could plaster my walls

Atkin Fried food mix(batter mix)= 3/10. Tasted good, but my "coating" fell off into the fry pan. In my house we called it "nearly Fried Chicken"

I would love to find a good keto crums mix or recepie(even better)

I keep a fairly Kosher house and I can't bring in any pork skins...

Great post!
  #10   ^
Old Tue, Jan-14-03, 21:14
Registered Member

Stats: 216/194.5/140 Female 5.2"
BF:
Progress: 28%

I've had very mixed results with Atkins products as follows:

Chocolate shake - 10
Strawbery shake - 2
Pancake mix - 1
Syrup - less than 0, threw the watery crap out
Bake mix - 8
Jerky (not Atkins, but sold at site) - 10+
ThicknThin not starch, comes in handy for a lot of things - 10
Advantage Creamy Lemon Chiffon bars - 1
Atkins Bread mix - 5
Meringues - 2

I think that's all I've tried so far.

Good thread!
  #11   ^
Old Tue, Jan-14-03, 22:40

Plan: atkins
Stats: 230/198.6/170 Female 67inches
BF:
Progress: 52%

The muffin mix is wonderful. (load them up with butter when eating them warm) The best thing about them is that you finally get a new texture in your diet....I am not a big bread eater, but I do like the texture or whatever, once in a while. I give them a nine
The endulge bars depends on the flavor. between 8 and 10. I could eat a box of them....but that would be a bad thing (wouldn't it?)
Haven't found an advantage bar I would buy a second time
I have tried lots of other brands....I think it is hit or miss for all of us, we all have such different tastes..too bad it is all soooo expensive
  #12   ^
Old Wed, Jan-15-03, 00:47
Registered Member

Plan: Atkins, under 30/day
Stats: 335/289/185
BF:
Progress: 31%

I've used the Atkins food bars and Endulge candy bars. There are still several that I don't care for. My two favorite food bars are the Chocolate Peanut Butter and the Creamy Berry Cheesecake. The candy bars are comparable with the Pure De-lite brand.
  #13   ^
Old Wed, Jan-15-03, 03:00

Stats: 266/197/168 Female 67 inches
BF:
Progress: 70%

I have tried every advantage bar - Yuck - I did not like them at all. I took one bite, ended up spitting it out. gave the rest to my sister who is also LCing and she did the same thing - I give them a 1.

Endulge candy bars -

the peanut butter cups are good, I'll give them a 7 not the real thing but they do in a pinch.

carmel nut chews are OK, I'll give them a 4 taste better than the bars but the chew part reminds me of the bar - its all about texture.

chocolate bar would be good if you like dark chocolate so a 5 - I don't like dark chocolate - so I never ate more than half.

I would rather buy the Ross Candy Bars over the Atkins stuff, but everyones taste is different.
  #14   ^
Old Wed, Jan-15-03, 08:38

Stats: 367/225/175
BF:
Progress: 74%

Carolyn reminded me of this, so I think I'll throw it in here.

I buy my low carb products at thebetterhealthstore.com this website is the cheapest AND free shipping for orders over $50.00

I also use waldenfarms.com they offer some great sugar free carb free salad dressings (including french YUMMY), chocolate syrup and BBQ sauces.

I buy Howards maple syrup, which I think is better than Atkins or any other I've tried. And it is 0 carbs.

The atkins pancake miz is great when made with a touch if vanilla and cinnamon and used in a waffle iron. YUMMY!!

Can you tell I want breakfast??

Okay I know this was to cover Atkins products...sorry for wandering off the initial subject.
  #15   ^
Old Wed, Jan-15-03, 09:49

Stats: 468/371/275 Male 5' 10"
BF:
Progress: 50%
Post Products...

I eat Atkins Blueberry muffins. Other than supplements, that's all so far. Oh, I bought Bake Mix and never opened it because I use other things. And I also bought chocolate muffin mix that I haven't baked up yet. Note that chocolate muffings are not legal on Induction.

For many more reviews of Atkins products, try the Low Carb Products portion of this forum!

http://forum.lowcarber.org/forumdis...p?s=&forumid=11

Donald