Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Countdowns, Buddies & Challenges
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Mon, May-24-04, 10:05
Registered Member

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 255/240/185 Female 5" 9 inches
BF:
Progress: 21%
Wink Looking for a buddy!

Hi there! I am looking for a buddy or buddies to talk with. I am doing the atkins diet and would just love to get some people who are doing it right along with me. So if you are interested let me know! I look forward to hearing from you!

Jamie
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Mon, May-24-04, 10:39

Stats: 285/258/175 Female 5'5.5 inches
BF:53%
Progress: 25%

Hi Jamie!

My name is Kathy and I would love to have a buddy. I never had a buddy before so how does this work? Let me know! I look forward to hearing from you. I am usually on and checking my computer in the mornings and early afternoon as I leave for work at 2:30PM. Talk to you soon!

Kathy
  #3   ^
Old Mon, May-24-04, 13:53

Plan: stress & low carb
Stats: 298/242/175 Female 5' 7
BF:WAY/ TOO/ MUCH
Progress: 46%

hi buddies, count me in too if you'd like!!! Im always looking for new friends! Besides i see we're both around the same weight range so it should be fun...
  #4   ^
Old Mon, May-24-04, 15:42
Registered Member

BF:
Talking welcome buddies!

The more the merrier! I have never really had buddies myself, but I think we just keep each otheri in line and e-mail and chat and stuff like that. Which reminds me! I have yahoo messenger do any of you. Just wondering. Oh and you can e-mail me anytime you want at j_richards4679~yahoo.com I check my e-mail quite often so if you are having a hard day or a rough time, let me know.

Anyway, I have to say that I am so proud of my self, I went to McDonalds to meet my mother (my oldest daughter stayed with ehr this weekend) and I ate a side salad with vinegarette dressing. I was so proud of myself. My mom even noticed and congratulated me. Yeah!

Well I better get going, things to do, nand the baby is crying!

Jamie
  #5   ^
Old Mon, May-24-04, 17:51

Plan: Just cutting back
Stats: 248/248/170 Female 5'9"
BF:
Progress: 0%
Default Hey!

I am new to this forum and would love a buddy. I have been following a reduced carb diet (not strict Atkins) with exercise for about 2 weeks. I am starting to feel good and have lost a few pounds. I'd love to get to know all of you!

I'm 26, newlywed, high school English teacher in NYC. I've never been thin, but I gained 40 pounds in the last 3 years and I figured, enough is enough! Time to start losing.

--Leana
  #6   ^
Old Mon, May-24-04, 20:47

Hi everybody!

This is going to be fun. Maybe we should all introduce ourselves alittle. I'll go firs,t I am a teacher/server and I have 7 children. I was never really heavy until I had my twins and had to have a very complicated c-section done. Since then I haven't been able to lose the weight except for once when I lost 60 pounds on my own and then I got pregnant again and that was that.

Now I want to be thin again once and for all. I just want to be comfortable and be able to shop in the regular ladies department and not the plus size. I want to look in the mirror and like what I see.

Ok now its your turn!

Kathy
  #7   ^
Old Mon, May-24-04, 22:47
Registered Member

BF:
Default Introducing myself

First of all hi there gracejoy and welcome to our buddy group.!!!

Now about me, I am 25 years old and have three beautiful girls almost 4, almost 3 and 9 months. I have never been thin but was not overly heavy either. Then I had my girls. With all three of them I was so sick I could not eat for 9 months (but still managed to ave 8 lb babies) so i would lose weight while preggo. But then afterwards I would gain tons of weight. SO anyway, I am starting the radiography school here in town in July and I thought since I will be on my feet alot I need to start losing some weight. Besides now that I am done having kids. At lieast I think I am. I need to get back down to what I was, or close to it. My husband is doing the atkins diet along with me, but he is so strong willed and is also gone at work all day. Anyway, lets see, I live in Normal, IL (but I am not so normal hehe) and I am addicted to reality tv shows. I watch basically all of them that my husband will let me. Other than that I am just your average mom of three, trying to find my place in this world and start thinking about myself.

I guess that is all, I should go as there is massive storms here tonight so I wanna get this puter turned off. Probably gonna be alng night as it is suppose to storm all night and I know the girls will wake up. So wish me luck!!!!

Jamie

P.S. We should think of a name for our buddy group ad then we can start anew thread? Just an idea, any suggestions
  #8   ^
Old Tue, May-25-04, 07:43

Plan: Atkins Induction
Stats: 395/380/165 Female 5'10"
BF:
Progress: 7%

I'd love to join you guys.... I'm always looking for buddies/more support. It looks like I'm the young one though haha. I'm an 18 year old student from Kennesaw, Georgia. I'll be attending Wesleyan College. I've pretty much been overweight my whole life. I had lost quite a bit of weight a couple years ago just by exercising and starving myself but then I gained it all back. I started Atkins in April and I absolutely love it. I have a really busy life so it's hard to find something to eat sometimes... but I manage. My email is georgiachic0303~yahoo.com if any of you need support. I'll try to think of a name for the group...I hope all of you are doing great today!
  #9   ^
Old Tue, May-25-04, 11:03
Registered Member

BF:
Default Welcome!

Hi Gerogia chic!

Hows all my buddies doing today? I am okay although we had nasty storms last night and so I was up most of the night with the girls and then when I finally got them back to sleep I could not coughing. I have this damn bronchitis that is kicking my butt. Thankfully my husband is off on Tuesdays so he let me sleep in this morning. I am now off ot the store to buy some grocieries. I made sure ot eat lunch so I am not hungry and I will stick to my list. I found that making a list and sticking to it works great, if it is not on my list, I do not buy it. Also I was wondering ladies, what do you eat for breakfast? I am SOOOOO sick of bacon and eggs. Any help would be much appreciated.

Later gators,

Jamie
  #10   ^
Old Tue, May-25-04, 13:15

BF:

Tullip, sorry to hear that you didn't get much sleep.... I hate those nights. Hope your grocery shopping went well. I'm also getting sick of bacon and eggs. Every once in awhile I'll have sausage. A lot of people have Advatage shakes for breakfast... or Atkins Morning start bars... have you tried either? I found that the morning bars were stalling me.... but I haven't tried the shakes.
  #11   ^
Old Tue, May-25-04, 17:55

Stats: 230/149/125 Female 5feet 2inches
BF:
Progress: 77%

Hi everyone!
My buddy dissapeared a while ago. I'm not sure what happened but I really miss the support. I was wondering if I could join your little group?

I am 34 years old and a SAHM. I have 2 boys 6 and 2 1/2. I have been LCing since October and have lose 40 lbs. It has been a bit of a bumpy ride sometimes but overall I feel I am doing well and love this WOE. I would love to have someone to check in with every day. My email address is erni96AThotmailDOTcom.

As far as breakfast goes I like quick things: boiled eggs, sausages from the freezer, cheese and I have recently added melons.
  #12   ^
Old Tue, May-25-04, 19:11
Registered Member

BF:

Hi to scarlet96 and welcome to our group.

Grocery shopping went pretty good. I stuck to my list, and the only thing I bought that was not on my list was a carb sense candy bar. SO i thought that was not too bad.

Anyhow, I don't know if I gave you guys my e-mail address so here it is j_richards4679ATyahooDOTcom. Feel free to e-mail me anytime, and if you have yahoo messenger you can find me at j_richards4679 or tullip_4679 I use both names.

I guess that is it for now! I will check back later. But will have yahho messenger this evening!

HAve a great evening and thinks positive! You can do this!

Jamie
  #13   ^
Old Tue, May-25-04, 19:13
Registered Member

BF:

Oh by the way gachic, I have not tried the shakes or the bars, I was wondering if the shakes are good. Was tempted to buy them. They just opened a low carb healthfood store here in town so i can get just about anything there, although it cost a pretty penny.
  #14   ^
Old Tue, May-25-04, 20:39

Hi Buddies!

Wow, what a day! I'm glad it's almost over before I forget here is my email address kathjef75~aol.com I am mostly on in the morning and early afternoon. I work most evening and if I still have engery when I get home I check my computer.

Now breakfast for me is boring too! I am really sick of eggs and bacon and sausage. One morning I had turkey and cheese roll ups and another I had Roast beef and cheese roll ups. I bought low carb pancakes and syrup but I still haven't tried them. I guess I'm scared they might make me stall. I read all about the horrors of artificial foods and I worry. The only low carb product I do eat is some LC Ice cream for a treat at night.

I have to share something that has been going on in body that is really weird. I have been taking Oil or Oregano since Saturday and I swear it has help my digestive system so much. You see I am one of the ones that had their gallbladder out 87 years ago and have a hard time metabolism fat, so everyday I was running to the bathroom after I would eat a really high fat meal. But since yesterday I haven't and I tested it out tonight and I didn't run to bathroom after I ate. I am so happy, I hope it continues and is not a fluke or something.

This leads me to my question for my buddies. What supplements are you taking and are they helping in any way?

I take OOO and one a day weight smart vitamins and I take relacore. I have been on relacore for almost two weeks and I have lost 3 inches around my belly/butt. I have had no adverse effects on anything I am taking so I am going to continue to take them.

Well its getting late and I have to turn in.

Sweet Dreams!
Kathy

Last edited by kathjef : Tue, May-25-04 at 20:40. Reason: Spelling errors
  #15   ^
Old Wed, May-26-04, 06:56

BF:

Goodmorning everyone.... I haven't had breakfast yet. I don't really look forward to it anymore. I think I might try the shakes....I wonder how many calories they have. I need to get in as many calories as possible.... I have trouble upping my calories but not my carbs.
As far as supplements go.... I don't take OoO or relacore. I take a multi-vitamin, calcium, and magnesium. I was taking a carb blocker but I don't think it was helping anything. I think I might try relacore.... a lot of people seem to have gotten great results from it. Where can I get it? GNC or health store, you think? Kathy, I'm glad the relacore and OoO are working for you....Congrats on the 3 inches! Well I better hit the treadmill.

Take care and keep up the good work!