Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Triple Digits Club
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Fri, May-02-03, 22:56

Plan: Predominantly Atkins
Stats: 320/260/145
BF:
Progress: 34%

Howdy! I ditched low-carb and came back, and boy am I glad! Welcome aboard! the people here are great, and you can't beat the support and the tips.

I know what you mean about chasing your children around and wanting the energy to do it. One of the things that brought me back to low-carb was a recent trip to New Orleans - after a full day of wandering the French Quarter, the next day on a Garden district walking tour, and the next day more French Quarter - I was in near tears because my feet (in good shoes, mind you) hurt so badly from carrying around all this extra weight. I mean, they really hurt!

I like to think of all the things I'll be able to do once the weight is off (after two weeks on Induction, I already feel much better, and my clothes are looser). But back to the things I'll be able to do:

1. Get on a roller coaster without having to walk off in humiliation because my butt didn't fit in the seat.

2. Get on a plane in coach without worrying about spilling over into the seat next to me.

3. Walk and sightsee without wanting to cut off my feet from pain at the end of the day.

4. Not have to pay twice as much for my clothing (notice that plus-sized clothing is exhorbitant?)

5. Be able to share a chair with my hubby.

6. **close your eyes if you're easily embarassed** Be able to have sex without my flab getting in the way of my breathing....or my self-consciousness getting in the way of my enjoyment.

7. Taking a walk on the beach in a swimsuit without being self-conscious or making self-deprecating jokes like "I hope someone doesn't see me and try to push me back into the water, thinking I've beached myself."

8. Being able to run again - I used to love to run.

The list goes on and on - and every time I get discouraged, I'm going to add to it.

Okay, got off on a little rabbit trail - but it might help you in the beginning - to visualize all the things you'll be able to do when the weight is gone and the energy is back!

Sh'ra
Sponsored Links