Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Daily Low-Carb Support > Atkins Diet
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Wed, Apr-30-03, 10:28

Plan: atkins since 1-21-03
Stats: 210/155/125 Female 5 ft. 3 in.
BF:
Progress: 65%
Default 15 lb mini goal in 3 wks - unrealistic??

i have decided i would try to set myself a mini goal of 15 lbs. in three weeks - is this totally unrealistic??????

i have not been excersing at all really and thought i would make a serious effort during this mini goal challenge.

if this is unrealistic what do you think would be a realistic mini goal to set???????
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Wed, Apr-30-03, 11:01

Plan: Maintenence-Atkins
Stats: 160/129/140 Female 5'4"
BF:
Progress: 155%

Personally I dont see it happening, but who knows. I know the less I weigh the slower its coming off. I noticed on other people its similar too, the less you have to lose, the slower it goes.
Good luck!!
Vicky
  #3   ^
Old Wed, Apr-30-03, 11:04

Plan: atkins since 1-21-03
Stats: 210/155/125 Female 5 ft. 3 in.
BF:
Progress: 65%

thanks for the response. it looks like you have met your goal weight. how long did it take you to reach it?

i am seriously gonna try to start walking twice a day and do anything else i can.

i really have not even tried to exercise.

gotta start sometime
  #4   ^
Old Wed, Apr-30-03, 11:11
Registered Member

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 280/203/200 Male 69 inches
BF:
Progress: 96%

The exercise will tone you up and burn more calories, but don't forget that you may add muscle mass that makes it seem as if you are not losing weight - but you WILL be losing fat, and the extra muscle will continue to help with the fat burn.

In the long run, you will be better off with the exercise, even if you fall short of your short-term goal.
  #5   ^
Old Wed, Apr-30-03, 12:38

Plan: Atkins (Pre-Maintenance)
Stats: 160/135/130 Female 5'5"
BF:35%/28%/22%
Progress: 83%

Have you thought about concerning yourself with inches instead of pounds? Since I started regular exercise I haven't lost more than a couple pounds but now fit very easily into a size 8 while I was wearing 10s before. I prefer to aim for smaller rather than lighter.
  #6   ^
Old Wed, Apr-30-03, 13:51

Stats: 227/201/197 Male 72
BF:
Progress: 87%

Since you don't exercise and will be taking in lots of protein with this diet, expect your muscles to do some rapid building and repair early on which may lessen your weight reduction numbers.

Some people diet on Atkins for a few weeks just to see some numbers success, then pickup the exercise, where they may stall, but see substantial shape and size improvement.

Decide first what will make you happier in the early stages. Weight reduction or better health or better shapeliness ( fitting in to clothes).

15 lbs in 3 weeks is a bit excessive. Shoot for 10, but still take it week by week.

TomC
  #7   ^
Old Wed, Apr-30-03, 14:06

Plan: Maintenence-Atkins
Stats: 160/129/140 Female 5'4"
BF:
Progress: 155%

Its taken me about 3 months to lose it, I really didnt think that I would get to 140 but after being on it and seeing the weight come off I am gonna keep going.
I agree though with the exercise, it ALWAYS helps and gets you toner and more fit. I personally dont exercise, but have in the past and know what it does. I guess if I had been exercising in the last 3 months I might've lost the weight faster. No matter what though, I love this WOL.
It looks like you have been doing great already though!!
Vicky
  #8   ^
Old Wed, Apr-30-03, 14:44
The evolution of me

Stats: 273/182/160 Female 5' 4"
BF:
Progress: 81%

Realistic weightloss expectations are 10% of your goal of weight to lose is usually lost during induction then 5% of the remaining weight to lose approx every month.

But i'm with Angela on this.

Use exercise to change your body and the scale can say what it wishes!
  #9   ^
Old Wed, Apr-30-03, 16:34
& Dillion Doggie Do!

Plan: Atkins, Maintenance
Stats: 221/172/147 Female 5'6"
BF:Sizes over scale!
Progress: 66%

Does this mean that if I had 52 pounds to lose to start with I (ideally) should have lost 52 pounds on induction? And then 5% of what I had left to lose every month?

Or is it 5% of your actual weight every month after that?