Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Exercise Forums: Active Low-Carbers > Gym Logs
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Fri, Mar-14-03, 22:11

Plan: The Metabolic Diet
Stats: 155/149/125 Female 5'7
BF:25/22/16
Progress: 20%
Default Personal Fitness Trainer's LOg

Hi all

I want to first introduce myself a bit. I'm a 25 year old Toronto gal (Canadian) and I am a make up artist and a part time PERSONAL TRAINER. I work for Ballys for a few clients that I have kept since getting into the make up business. I have always loved fitness and the excersie industry. But I ventured nto soemthing else (make up) that I always had a love for as well.

I was an overweight child that turned into an overweight teen. At the age of 17 I was 235 pounds and desperate to change my life. SO I did. I got active, i started eating low fat, and I managed to lose 100 pounds!! It was incerdible. BUt maintaining was another story. I kept struggling to keep it off. Always felt hungry, was eating close to NO FAT, excercising like a mad woman. I got to the point where I stopped menstrating, losing hair, having extrme dry skin, and fatigue. It was horrible. I eventaully started to gain a few pound sheree, and a few pounds there. BUt I've stayed active, and fit. BUt still overfat. So my goal is lower my bodyfat and lose about 15 pounds.

I must admit, no one at work knows I do atkins. Most personal /fitness trainers in general do not believe in high fat high protein diets. Carbs are not seen as bad additions to the diet. So its a struggle for me often times because no one I know in the industry agrees with the atkins philosophy. But as a health porfessional I am open to research and experimenting with food plans.

This is my second time trying Atkins. I fell off the atkins wagon the first time because of the specified reason I just gave. So for me this support FORUM is Crucial to my success. I ahve to d eal with alot of negativity if I mentioned atkins at the gym. HOwever my main job that being a make up artist for MAC cosmetics, is different. I've actually had two colleagues of mine try the diet because I ranted and raved about it. So I do get support there. Thank god LOL

ANyhoo

I am active and I love being active. I love WEIGHT TRAINING, and spinning. But I find WINTER months the msot difficult staying motivated. So I always try to get one of the trainers to give me a workout , and partner up with them. IT REALLY is soo much easier to work out with someone than ALONE!!

I encourage anyone that reads my log to ask me questions about excercise and fitness. I would be happy to help. and take a look at mine and tell me what you think.

Piera
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Sun, Mar-16-03, 18:33

Plan: The Metabolic Diet
Stats: 155/149/125 Female 5'7
BF:25/22/16
Progress: 20%
Smile weekend workouts

here's what my weekend look like in terms of my gym workouts.

Saturday: weight training: low weight, high reps
triple sets working back/chest/Biceps

little rest in between , 20 reps of each excerise, circuit style

dumbell chest press flat bench/ bent over back row/ barbell bicep

incline barbell chest press/ lat pulldown close grip/concentration curl

incline chest flys/ deadlifts/ hammer bicep curls

3 sets of each excercise little rest

abs 10 minutes of crunches, stability ball curls ups. oblique twist

CARDIO: 30 minutes running on treadmill

Sunday: CArdio: 40 minutes spinning class
pilates toning excercises one hour

I love pilates!! It is such a challenging workout! you wouldn't think that such small movements could burn soo much lol

now time for dinner
  #3   ^
Old Tue, Apr-29-03, 01:53

Plan: Atkins & Schwarzbein
Stats: 234/157/90 Female 4' 6"
BF:56.4%/38.8%/23.9%
Progress: 53%
Thumbs up Many Happy Returns

Hi Piera

Just dropping by to wish you a Happy Birthday. Hope its a good one.

You have me confused! Have you a journal under a different name or is it just a coincidence that there are two Piera's in Ontario, Canda with birthdays on the same day?
  #4   ^
Old Tue, Apr-29-03, 14:38
"Natural Mystic"

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 178/108/120 Female 5' 1"
BF:45%/17%/15%
Progress: 121%

Hi Piera! Just wanted to stop by and wish you a Happy Birthday. Hope you have an amazing day.

Peace
red