Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > New Members & Low-Carbers > Introduce Yourself
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Fri, Apr-18-03, 02:54

Plan: atkins
Stats: 290/290/180
BF:
Progress: 0%
Talking feeling better already

hi everyone my name is dunc and im from bonnie scotland in the uk ive been on the low carb woe for just 5 days and already feel good but i have a problem i am on the atkins induction stage and am not sure what i can and cant eat i know all the obvios ones like no potatoes pasta or rice but im not sure about veg or fruit can anybody help i would really appreciate it .thanks in advance
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Fri, Apr-18-03, 05:53

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 173/127.2/123 Female 5'1&1/2"
BF:
Progress: 92%
Smile hi Dunc Mac

Well you may not have fruit in the first 2 weeks of induction, after that you start to add them back starting with berries. You should have 2 cups of salad daily, with a full fat dressing, (not low fat), such as Italian, Ranch, Blue cheese, etc., as long as it doesn't have sugar in it, you can read the label. I like olive oil and vinegar, (wine vinegar), myself. And 1 cup of low carb veggies. There is an extensive list on Atkins site.........www.atkinscenter.com will get you there. Look under "Induction". With enough clicking around on that web site, you can find a wealth of information. You can eat what ever amount you desire of meat, fish, poultry, eggs & some cheese. As I guess you must know you should drink 8 glasses of water. I am glad you are feeling so good! Keep up the good work!! If you click "subscribe to this thread" at the bottom of page here, when you sign in to this web site, if you click "Profile" up top right of the opening page when you sign in, you will be brought to any new posts to this thread, and you can see any replies you have gotten to your question. At the bottom of this post there is a little "journal" symbol in my post that you can click on to write any questions in my journal that I will see daily, if you like....Good Luck and keep up the good work!!

#3   ^
Old Fri, Apr-18-03, 12:21

BF:
Default thanks edie

thanks for the info its greatly appreciated i will check out that site and hopefully find some usefull info thanks again
  #4   ^
Old Fri, Apr-18-03, 12:23
The evolution of me

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 273/182/160 Female 5' 4"
BF:
Progress: 81%

Hi and welcome...

This is my favorite link, to what is allowed during induction .

I used this to get started before I read the book!

All the best to you.
  #5   ^
Old Fri, Apr-18-03, 13:30

BF:
Default thanks

hi ikonzelman thanks for the tip ive looked at the link and its gave me loads of info hope this works for me seems to be so far thanks again
  #6   ^
Old Fri, Apr-18-03, 13:43

Plan: ?
Stats: 1/1/1 Male 1
BF:
Progress: 37%
Talking Hi Dunc Mac

Hi,

welcome to the forum, as you will see I am a fellow Scot and started out on the 1st of April, and it was no April fools joke!

Well done for stepping out into this way of eating, I have found it great, I am never hungry and you will find this site great for support and information, as stated above the Atkins site is great, just print out the allowed food list in the induction section. I think you will find everything there that you will need to follow it through.

Feel free to read my journal and the fitday link, you might get an idea of what you might eat and still loose loads of weight!

Remmember to drink loads of water and hope to hear and see your postings as the days go on.

Graeme.
  #7   ^
Old Sat, Apr-19-03, 09:02

BF:
Default scots

hey graeme its good to hear a fellow scot im up in glenrothes in fife ive printed out that list you said and have pinned it to my wall so i should have no problems now thanks again
dunc