Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Daily Low-Carb Support > General Low-Carb
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Tue, Jul-03-01, 15:16

Plan: Protein Power
Stats: 163/143/135-1
BF:
Progress:
Question Products for Canada

Hey there,
I'm just starting the lo carb thing using Protein Power. I'm a student with very little time and even less cash. Was wondering if anyone knows of some good tasty cheap meals that may keep longer (I don't have a car so shopping doesn't happen every week). Also does anyone know of any problems with ordering low carb products over the net (like shakes, bars, etc).

Thanks for your help...
Rosy

(Day 2 and counting...)
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Tue, Jul-03-01, 16:45

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 162/162/135
BF:
Progress: 0%

hi rosy and welcome!
i think ordering on line is very expensive for canadians. the exchange is a killer plus they charge a fortune for shipping. the only buying i do online is from our own judi. she operates the lowcarb co-op. check out http://www3.telus.net/seadrakeHome/LCFE.htm

as for lc recipes that keep, i make frittatas all the time. eggs and whatever else you'd like to add cooked like a pie. they're great leftover and will keep for several days. cheddar cheese, bacon and tomato is a favourite in my house. so is swiss cheese, ham and green onions.

hard boiled eggs keep about a week. roast a whole chicken and you've got a meal for a few days. same with hamburgers.
  #3   ^
Old Tue, Jul-03-01, 17:19

Stats: 183/143/140
BF:
Progress: 93%

Hi Rosie,

Welcome also I tend to make up in addition to what Debbie says, tuna salad and egg salad. Doreen had a great idea to use romaine lettuce for wraps, man they are good! Lots of mixed salad too!

Good luck, you can do it!
  #4   ^
Old Tue, Jul-03-01, 17:19

BF:

Hi Rosie,

Welcome also I tend to make up in addition to what Debbie says, tuna salad and egg salad. Doreen had a great idea to use romaine lettuce for wraps, man they are good! Lots of mixed salad too!

Good luck, you can do it!
  #5   ^
Old Tue, Jul-03-01, 17:21

BF:

Oh my firstly, sorry the spelling should say Rosy, secondly, my computer was acting up.....thus twice the message...sorry about that...be careful Rachel, don't do what I did!
  #6   ^
Old Tue, Jul-03-01, 23:51

Stats: 162/124/120 Female 5'1"
BF:
Progress: 90%
Default Hi, Wendy! Hi Rosy!

Must be tired .... I'm seeing double!

I'm with you, Rosie, I'm pretty busy too, and also don't have much money. I'll often cook up a whole chicken or a small roast (beef, pork, whatever's cheap that week!). Big pots of stew or curry taste even better the next day. Meatloaf or a batch of hamburgers, as Debbie says. Beanless chilli. I also do a lot of stir fries with whatever veggies I have on hand and pork, beef, chicken, etc. - very quick and inexpensive. Hope this helps!

Rachel