Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Daily Low-Carb Support > CAD/CALP
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Wed, Apr-16-03, 13:54
Registered Member

Plan: No gluten, CAD
Stats: 196.0/158.5/149.0 Female 62
BF:36/29.0/27.3
Progress: 80%
Question too many carbs

I just figured out my food intake for today. 138 carbs!

Are there any rules about how many carbs you can eat and still lose?
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Wed, Apr-16-03, 14:01

Plan: low-carb;modified atkins
Stats: 251/238/115 Female 5'
BF:
Progress: 10%
Default carbs

If you are still induction it is max of 20 a day..
  #3   ^
Old Wed, Apr-16-03, 15:06

Plan: Weight Watchers
Stats: 264/136/146 Female 64inches
BF:
Progress: 108%

To my knowledge, there is no "cap" on the amount of carbs at the RM. The goal is balance. I eat until I am completely satisfied and know I will remain so. There are meals way less balanced than others but that is my goal and 60 min. is unbreakable. You're not doing Atkins so you're going to have to try to quiet your Atkins thinking so you can enjoy CAD.

Good Luck and glad you're here
De
  #4   ^
Old Wed, Apr-16-03, 17:17
Finding the Pieces

Plan: Mishmash
Stats: 365/260.0/185 Female 66
BF:
Progress: 58%

Nawchem
There is no limit on carbs at the RM. But you also know your own situation and that you have to keep things balanced. You also know you react to certain foods and so might have to avoid those foods. CAD is a very individual WOE.

The thing is that a lot of CAs get frustrated with slow progress on CAD and move to Atkins but find they don't lose or cravings come back which is why they came to CAD before. Sometimes you just have to trust your body and give it time to adjust.
  #5   ^
Old Thu, Apr-17-03, 06:25

Plan: Atkins/testing CAD
Stats: 198/184/145
BF:
Progress: 26%

I'm no expert since I've only been doing CAD for a week but because I am such a carb addict I have chosen to watch my intake of carbs. My CM are protein only and I never skip either of them. I balance my RM putting on my plate 1/3 protein, 1/3 starch food/carbs, 1/3 veggies. Then my dessert. But as the days go by I'm finding myself not really hungry for my dessert but having something anyway just because I can. My goal is to eat fruit and yogurt for desserts during the week and then have something special only on weekends so my nutrition is balanced.

All total for the day is between 70-100 carbs max. It seems to me that when I balance out my meals in thirds, I automatically reduced by carbs so I think after a few weeks I probably won't feel the need to count them anymore. Right now I'm just trying to be cautious and aware of what I'm actually consuming. On Atkins I gained on anything over 40 carbs daily so I'm very curious to see if I can even lose weight on 70-100. So this is a test for me.
  #6   ^
Old Thu, Apr-17-03, 17:06

Plan: south beach (CAD)
Stats: 314/284/150 Female 5 ft 4 in
BF:49
Progress: 18%

Hi there and welcome-I read several of your recents posts and I wonder if you might need more fiber-by eating only protein at lunch and breakfast, your body is not getting much fiber. Also it is important to count your dessert as part of the 1/3 carbohydrates. If I have a heavy carbo dessert-I don't eat any carbs during my meal, just protein, vegies and salad. Look forward to seeing your continued success-hurray for you for getting healthy!!!
  #7   ^
Old Fri, Apr-18-03, 05:24

Plan: Atkins/testing CAD
Stats: 198/184/145
BF:
Progress: 26%

Thank you Donna. I appreciate your feedback. I didn't realize the dessert had to be counted as part of the 1/3 ratio. I'll take a look at the fiber and probably increase that at my RM although I do take a fiber supplement along with my other vitamins daily.