Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Triple Digits Club
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Fri, Apr-11-03, 11:35

Plan: Atkins/Induction
Stats: 360/340/150
BF:66%/60%/27%
Progress: 10%
Lightbulb Thinking outside the bun....

Hi

I just had the strangest breakfast.

Turkey pepperoni
Cheddar cheese
Almonds
Coffee & cream

Being new to this WOE, it is hard to not eat the usual breakfast foods. Bacon and eggs get old real fast.

What do you have for breakfast that is outside the bun ?

Have a day.
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Fri, Apr-11-03, 12:21

Plan: WebMD w/LC choices
Stats: 322/297/199 Female 5' 6"
BF:
Progress: 20%

I'll do a varied version of the mock danish, but for the last few days I've had green beans w/diced Canadian bacon (I know, strange, but it just sounded good). I've also had leftover hamburger, eggsalad and tuna.

If it's legal, I'll probably have it for breakfast now & then. =) To breakup my monotony some more, I just ordered some Keto Hot Cereals. Figured it would be a nice treat.

Happy LCing!
Nikki

PS- you can always go check out the recipe section and see what kind of goodies lurk in there!
  #3   ^
Old Fri, Apr-11-03, 18:20

Plan: Atkins/BFL
Stats: 325/287/150
BF:
Progress: 22%

There are a lot of great minds here thinking alike -- I was just chatting about this same subject in someone else's journal! Here's what I wrote:

---------------------------------
---------------------------------
Here's what I eat when I don't feel like eggs. And I am always running like a madwoman in the mornings, so it's quick, too!

Get some Wasa Light Rye crackers. They're only 5 grams of countable carbs, and they're about the size of a big graham cracker. Then you can top them ...

... with 1 oz cream cheese, by itself (total 6 carbs)

... with 1 oz cream cheese and 1 tbsp Smucker's Low-Sugar Jam (total 12 carbs -- yep, a bit high, but it's a "treat" for days when I need one!)

...with 1 oz cream cheese and a couple of slices of ham (6 carbs, and REALLY good!)

...with 2 tbsp all-natural sugar free peanut butter (total 9 carbs)

I've also done: cream cheese & sliced strawberries; cream cheese, turkey & avocado slices; chicken salad; and plain old American cheese (pop that one in the microwave for about 10 seconds) -- but I don't have carb counts for those.

The Wasa has a nice crunch, and the toppings are almost decadent!
  #4   ^
Old Fri, Apr-11-03, 18:44

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 310/288.5/135 Female 5'6 and a half
BF:too ***#* much
Progress: 12%

What I really like in the morning but only when I have time. Is hamburger, scramble eggs, and salsa with a slice of cheese melted over top. Its delicious!
Its like a mexican breakfast fahita without the shell.
  #5   ^
Old Fri, Apr-11-03, 22:46

BF:

Quote:
What I really like in the morning but only when I have time. Is hamburger, scramble eggs, and salsa with a slice of cheese melted over top. Its delicious!

Dang, now I want to hurry up and go to bed so I can wake up and have this for breakfast!!!!
  #6   ^
Old Sat, Apr-12-03, 19:20

Plan: south beach (CAD)
Stats: 314/284/150 Female 5 ft 4 in
BF:49
Progress: 18%

I made homemade low carb bread tonite to make french toast with in the AM-let you know how it is!
  #7   ^
Old Sat, Apr-12-03, 20:59

BF:

Did you use the recipes from the <I>Lo-Carb Comfort Food Cookbook</I> by the Drs. Eades? I've thought about trying it, but I am such a masochist when it comes to bread ... I'm afraid "portion control" would be the farthest thing from my mind!
  #8   ^
Old Mon, Apr-14-03, 09:35

Stats: 278/204/145 Female 64
BF:
Progress: 56%

I agree on the bread thing---Hard to Control myself.

I try to stay away!
  #9   ^
Old Mon, Apr-14-03, 22:54

Stats: 230/???/130
BF:
Progress: 20%

I am not the norm here on breakfast as I LOVE breakfast foods, eggs any ole way and breakfast meats! Oh and omelets yummmmy
Anyway, with that said. I miss my pancakes, french toast. But there is a recipe in the breakfast area for mock french toast and its great...huge raves about it. It consists of pork rinds, eggs and sf maple syrup...sounds strange, but actually turns out very good.

But here's something coming from the south that we always had for dinner that I eat for breakfast you might enjoy. Either use poke salad (a southern type veggie that has a short season) or use spinach. Drain it VERY well. Butter a skillet, and fry it till its almost out of moisture, then add in a few beaten eggs. Scramble till done like scramble eggs. Its great alone or right before its done toss in cheese of your choice, even just topping with fresh parm is great. I love it. Oh and also never forget if you are a spicey lover... tossing a lil louisiana hot sauce or sliced jalepenos on top of your eggs, makes for an extra bite in the morn.

Oh and try out different breakfast meats. Real smoked souther sausage is so very tasty.
Also, I found that what I usta like so much about having my Saturday morning family pancakes and bacon or sausage, was the maple syrup on my meat. MMMMM so off and on, I use a lil sf maple syrup on my breakfast meats.

Oh yea..and somewhere in those recipes here, someone has a decent recipe for mock hashbrowns.
I tried the mock danish but I'm assuming I messed it up cos it went right in the trash hehehe
Good luck
  #10   ^
Old Tue, Apr-15-03, 10:32

Plan: Atkins/Induction
Stats: 360/340/150
BF:66%/60%/27%
Progress: 10%
Have you tried the Atkins bread? It is really good for a low carb product. I keep it frozen, 2 slices to a baggie and never use it more than twice a week. Makes good french toast. Atkins says it can be used on induction. It hasn't stalled me, but for some, beware.

I have lived down South most of my life and the poke greens and eggs sounds good. I will give it a try. Can't wait to have fried green tomatoes from the garden.

Thanks,
  #11   ^
Old Tue, Apr-15-03, 16:28
Registered Member

Stats: 276.2/276.2/140 Female 5'5 1/2"
BF:
Progress: 0%

I love breakfast! I just don't feel like everything is in line unless I have something to eat in the morning.

I eat non-traditional things for breakfast as well. Leftovers from dinner the previous night are a regular thing with me.

There is something I do with ricotta cheese that is good as well.

I take a little ricotta and mix in a raw egg. I add some splenda and a small splash of vanilla flavoring. I add a little flax seed meal. I bring this to a boil and it thickens nicely... I splash on just a little cream and it tastes like a 'custardy' version of cream of wheat. yummy!

Really, lots of things are great for breakfast and with this WOL, you can experiment!

Good thoughts

Lori