Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Daily Low-Carb Support > General Low-Carb
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Mon, Jul-02-01, 18:35

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 390/356/150
BF:
Progress:
Thumbs down help!!!

hi everyone this is my first post...well first the intro i guess my name is Jodi and i have been on the atkins now for 2 weeks (induction)...i went into the doc today to weight myself....and i was not too happy with the results.. i only lost 6 pounds in 2 week...and i see all these other people losing 10-15...and i followed it to the T...so i need some help and advise here... i work out at least 3day a wekk and do resistance traning....should i quit and try something else? or shold i give it another 2 weeks and see what happends? some feed back would be greatly appreaciated
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Mon, Jul-02-01, 18:58
Forum Founder

Plan: Ketogenic
Stats: -/-/- Female 5 feet 4 inches
BF:
Progress: 100%

Hi Jodi,

Welcome to the forum!

Don't sweat it! Just as everyone looks different, weight loss varies from individual to individual.
  • -Men generally lose faster than women
    -Yo-yo dieters may lose more slowly
    -If you have a lot of weight to lose, you generally lose more initiallly
    -Discovering the correct amount of carbohydrates to eat per day for maximum weight loss can be sabotaged by hidden carbs
It probably took you a long time to gain weight and you probably never gained 6 pounds in two weeks. This is a life long way of eating so you learn as you go.

If you want, you can post what you have been eating and drinking. We can probably point out any "red alerts" that will help you acheive better results with low carbing.

Keep posting!

Karen

Last edited by Karen : Mon, Jul-02-01 at 23:39.
  #3   ^
Old Mon, Jul-02-01, 23:30

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 162/124/120 Female 5'1"
BF:
Progress: 90%

Karen is right. I lost two whole pounds on Induction, and I'm losing 2-3 pounds a month on average. Some people lose a lot faster than me, some even slower. The important thing is to stick with it, and it'll happen evenually; otherwise, it may not happen at all!

Also, if you're working out, you're building muscle, which is denser than fat. So you may be 'shrinking' rather than losing weight. Take measurements, or try on that too-tight pair of jeans once a week or so. I've only lost about five pounds since I started doing a lot of walking a few months ago, but I'm a good size smaller, according to my clothing!

Rachel
  #4   ^
Old Tue, Jul-03-01, 07:04
Registered Member

Plan: Dr. Atkins
Stats: 188/171/130-140
BF:
Progress:
Thumbs up Help.

Hi there and welcome!
Yes, what Rachel and Karen said are very true.
I thought I was at a stall until I was advised to take my measurements.

I was one of those people who lost 12 pounds during induction, which was two months ago, but it was mostly water...for me anyway. It has slowed down since but it's still working. I kept seeing a difference in my clothes even though it didn't look like the pounds were coming off. It's the size ( numbers ) that people forget to look at also.

Look at it from a different point:
Don't hope to lose all your weight in one or two months, you'll be disappointed.
Look at it this way,
You have 52 weeks in a year and even if you only lose one pound a week you will have lost 52 pounds at the end of a year.
You'll wow people you haven't seen in that time frame.

That's a healthier way to do it. Let your body have the time it needs to introduce itself to this new way of living and you'll see better results and you'll feel great!

Good luck and keep with it!
Lisa.

Last edited by Lisa&Craig : Tue, Jul-03-01 at 07:45.