Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Daily Low-Carb Support > Atkins Diet
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Sat, Apr-12-03, 15:38

Plan: MOP
Stats: 169/159/135
BF:45%/42%/ 35%
Progress: 29%
Default I'd have never dreamed

Six weeks ago that I would eat something like this. I was craving chocolate for the first time. Ordinarily I would have gone and made a pan of brownies or a pudding cake. What I did was make up a bowl of cream whipped with cocoa and Splenda until it was as stiff as pudding and ate the whole thing.
Don't know why I'm so hungry today. Maybe because the weather has turned cold again.
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Sun, Apr-13-03, 00:15
Registered Member

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 196/179/150
BF:Ugh!
Progress: 37%

Isn't it nice that we can adjust our favorite things into non-harmful treats??? This WOE really denies us very little...never bored, never hungry...why bother to cheat?

Have you tried the LC cheesecake yet? YUM!!
  #3   ^
Old Sun, Apr-13-03, 05:17

Plan: vegan low-carb
Stats: 252/252/199 Female 64.5 inches
BF:
Progress: 0%

What you made is a favourite of mine. A few alternatives could be adding peanut butter (makes it firmer) or adding coffee (more like a shake).

Have you tried the sf peanut butter cups from the recipe section? O-M-G!!!

N.
  #4   ^
Old Sun, Apr-13-03, 07:12

Plan: MOP
Stats: 169/159/135
BF:45%/42%/ 35%
Progress: 29%

Once, I made my regular cheesecake with Splenda and Macadamia nut crust. I also made a Chocolate Mousse that turned out great. Haven't tried the peanut butter cups. Must do that one soon.
  #5   ^
Old Sun, Apr-13-03, 08:08

Stats: 182/147/145 Female 65"
BF:
Progress: 95%

But how do you stop yourself from eating the whole batch? Is there a point where will power kicks in and the old habit of gorging on foods we like is gone? I can't imagine eating just one peanut butter cup.

judy
  #6   ^
Old Sun, Apr-13-03, 08:17

Stats: 250/202/145
BF:
Progress: 46%

I can't make the peanut butter cups with out eating the whole think in a day or two.

So now, I take a spoon of sugar free peanut butter, a tablespoon or two of butter and melt it in the microwave with some splenda. I add cocao powder and vanilla and stir it in. I put in the freezer to make it cold and then eat it out of the cup with a spoon. This way I have about a serving, instead of 10! I found this on a post in here.. I just don't know where it is at, so I can't take credit but I don't know who to give it to... I think it was RC Fletcher.

I use to make big cheese cakes, but I have scaled them down too. The one I make now serves two, so if I ovvereat its only by 1 serving, not 3, 4 or 5 servings!

My weakness has always been sweets... I can turn down anything with sugar or flour, but sometimes when the craving hits, it is so hard to stop at one legal serving of something. I am sure that is why I have hit a stall.
  #7   ^
Old Sun, Apr-13-03, 08:26
SPOILED

Plan: Atkins Life Maintenance!
Stats: 184/152/154 Female 173 cm/5,8
BF:In right places...
Progress: 107%

Way to go Barb! There is ALWAYS a solution if you want to find it.

About the chocolate - I had my first craving for it last week and I'm doing this since january 27. I did just like you - cream and cocoa powder. The funny thing was - I looked in my fitday and it showed that I was consuming very little iron at that time. No iron = chocolate craving!

Therese - know how you feel. I had to stop buying berries for a while....sigh!

Alina
  #8   ^
Old Sun, Apr-13-03, 09:12
Forum Founder

Plan: Ketogenic
Stats: -/-/- Female 5 feet 4 inches
BF:
Progress: 100%

Quote:
Don't know why I'm so hungry today. Maybe because the weather has turned cold again.

It could be because you ate the whole thing! It's interesting to experiment on yourself. The next time you do this, listen to what your body is telling you the next day. Is it real hunger, or is it a craving that is demanding satisfaction?

I find that when I consume too many LC sweets, my thirst for water is switched off, so it can also be thirst that you are experiencing, coupled with cravings.

Karen