Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > New Members & Low-Carbers > Introduce Yourself
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Wed, Apr-02-03, 21:50
Registered Member

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 130/127.5/115.0
BF:
Progress: 10%
Default Totally New

Hey Out There! I am totally new at this forum thingy. Just figured out what a thread is.
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Wed, Apr-02-03, 22:15
Registered Member

Stats: 162.8/147.4/121
BF:33%/33%/??
Progress: 37%
Default You'll get the hang of it

This forum is a great place to be to help you with your program. If you have any problems navigating the system, go to the home page and scroll down until you find technical questions. Anyone who uses the forum should be able to help you though.

Good luck

#3   ^
Old Thu, Apr-03-03, 07:43

Stats: 215/180/155 Female 5'4"
BF:57.2%/45%/25%
Progress: 58%

Welcome LovingIt:

You are well on your way to your goal weight by starting a journal and jumping in.

Best of luck to you

Rose
  #4   ^
Old Thu, Apr-03-03, 08:16
Registered Member

BF:
Talking WOW!

Hey Guys! THank you very much for the reply. I am taking your advice and am enjoying this already!
  #5   ^
Old Thu, Apr-03-03, 16:22

Stats: 127/115/110
BF:
Progress: 71%
Cool loving It

I see we have about the same amount of weight to lose and weigh about the same.I lost 7lbs. in the induction as today is end of my two week induction.I think I will keep to it a little while longer as I haven't lost anything in at least 4 days.I've read you sometimes stall. I am curious how'll we'll do,as we don't have large amounts to lose??But very important lbs.at least for me.Hope to hear from you.tomkat
  #6   ^
Old Thu, Apr-03-03, 18:10

Stats: 219/205/135 Female 5'5"
BF:
Progress: 17%
Smile Hello

Hello and welcome to this WOL! It's a great place for encouragement and strength.. Best of Luck to you!
  #7   ^
Old Thu, Apr-03-03, 22:27
Registered Member

BF:
Default Hi Tomkat!

Hey TomKat!
I was wondering the same thing about the weight loss. BUT you lost 7 pounds on induction? WOW! Way to go. Were you following it perfectly? I have been doing induction on/off (which I know is not a good thing ) for a few weeks. I am considering today my First Day on Induction. I am restarting - hopefully I will have the same success as you have had.
Let me know how you are doing!
Great to hear from you!!!
  #8   ^
Old Fri, Apr-04-03, 14:03

BF:
Smile lovingIt

I didn't stick to to the tee.I had sugar free jell-o and whipped cream for snacks and a few nuts. I haven't loss anymore in about 4 days but I read on here you sometimes stall out,so I'm hoping that is what is happening and I will start losing again soon,I'm trying to walk everyday as well. But just hang in there and you will do it.My biggest hang up was sweets and besides the jell-o I haven't had but one in 2 weeks.That was at a wedding and I had a very small piece of cake Well its good hearing from you.Keep me posted..
  #9   ^
Old Fri, Apr-04-03, 20:57
Registered Member

BF:
Default Tomkat

That is so amazing that you went from 127 to 121! I know how difficult that is. Good for you - I am anxious to get there myself. It is very inspirational to see that you did so I know that if I truly don't cheat I hopefully can do it too. I'll weigh in tomorrow and see. Do you weigh in everyday??
Good luck over the weekend. Hang in there!
  #10   ^
Old Sat, Apr-05-03, 13:11

BF:
Smile LovingIt

I try not to but sometimes I can't resist... I haven't lost any in about 4 days or so.that's bugs me But I think if I stay focused I will start losing again. I feel like I have lost inches too,but I didn't measure myself to start with so I'm just going by the way my clothes fit I haven't walked for a couple days as my hip is killing me...Well good luck with your weigh in
  #11   ^
Old Wed, Apr-09-03, 10:14

BF:
Unhappy LovingIt

Haven't heard from you in a while : How's it going?I haven't weighed in about 4 days.I hadn't lost any for a while and it was starting to get to me,so I decided not to weigh for at least a week and see how I do then....Well i just wanted to say hi and hope to hear from you soon.
  #12   ^
Old Wed, Apr-09-03, 17:04
Registered Member

BF:
Default Hi Tomkat!!

Hey Tomkat - sorry about the delayed response.
How have you been! Me - I've stayed the same. I figured out what's killing me - I am only doing this induction phase half and half. Like I ate a couple of peanut m&m's thinking that a couple wouldn't hurt. Wow, what a mistake. My weight hasn't moved at all. Sad.
How did you get to 121? Please fill me in.

Hope that all is well - keep me posted!
  #13   ^
Old Thu, Apr-10-03, 18:36

BF:
Cool LovingIt

I really stuck to it the first couple of weeks.I ate mostly meat, cheese, and eggs.I've eaten a lot of tuna.I would on;y have salad one time a day.My snacks were prk rinds and beef jerky!!! I then finally added sugar free jell-o with whipped cream.I haven't weighed since Monday and I'm not going to until this coming Monday as I haven't lost anymore and it was starting to bug me!!! I really haven't cheated but once and that was at my nephews wedding and I had a bite of his wedding cake!!! I know I don't drink water like your suppose to,as i don't like water!! I do drink diet coke(I know they say not too) but I do..I walk a mile a day also.Keep trying and you will get there!!!
  #14   ^
Old Sat, Apr-12-03, 22:02
Registered Member

BF:

Hey Tomkat!

Good for you - you are doing really good. Do you have a date that you want to weigh 110 by? I have set my date for May 24th. That's 2 lbs per week.
I think that I am having too many calories in a day. I am going to do like you and add more tuna and chicken.
We'll see!
Good luck on Monday!
  #15   ^
Old Sun, Apr-13-03, 13:45

BF:
Smile LovingIt

I'm a little afraid to weigh in tomorrow as I'm afraid that I haven't lost or even gained.I've read some forums that have read that they gained even though they were still doing the same thing!!! But I will post tomorrow to let you know either way...Thanks again for your encouragement...I haven't set a date I just want to get there good luck with the tuna and chicken...