Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Daily Low-Carb Support > Atkins Diet
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Fri, Apr-11-03, 19:21

Plan: Atkins/PP
Stats: 185/183/160 Female 5'5
BF:?/?/?
Progress: 8%
Default Are you losing weight?

It is so funny. I have been on this WOE since October 2002 (6 months or so) and have lost about 23-25 pounds (depends on which day...). I am close to my goal of 145. All of a sudden I'm hearing "You losing weight? You look great " etc... Only one asked "are you feeling well"!. I am thrilled at this but shocked since I have been maintaining my current wt of 151-153 for 4 weeks now!!!! So what gives? Am I looking smaller all of a sudden? I don't see a difference personally, but my view has always been a bit tweaked. Thoughts?

p.s: When they ask (and they ALL ask) how I lost weight, I said I am Low carbing...NOT NO carbing, low low low....
They all say "Oh I can't give up carbs". I say, I can't give up my meat, cheese, nuts and butter!
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Fri, Apr-11-03, 19:42

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 230/188/175 Female 65 inches
BF:48/idk/25
Progress: 76%

Sharann, I"m glad they're finally noticing! Good for you for hanging in there even when they didn't notice. I wondered if you are wearing more body-conscious clothing these days? Maybe carrying your body differently or are you more muscular than before? Great job. You're on the home stretch now.
  #3   ^
Old Fri, Apr-11-03, 22:51

Plan: atkins/intermit. fasting
Stats: 166/136/135 Female 5'3''
BF:
Progress: 97%
Default I say the same thing girl

A friend of mint, whom I haven't seen in a while, asked if I lost weight and I just practically screamed " yeah girl, can you tell? blah blah blah". I think friends of mine who I see on a regular basis don't notice it so much. My clothes are getting roomier but I am still in a size 10. I want to be in a size eight when the smoke clears. I love telling people that butter and cream are diet foods.
I also tell people that The Atkins diet teaches carb control not carb abstinence. If I can keep my blood work down by balancing my carbs, I sould never become diabetic.

Black57
  #4   ^
Old Sat, Apr-12-03, 05:28

Stats: 259/223/148 Female 5'7
BF:No clue
Progress: 32%

You know...this is something that has fascinated me since I read TinaKaye's story. She posted two pictures side by side wherein she had only lost four lbs from one to the other. The difference is absolutely nothing short of dramatic, though, because apparently she lost a ton of inches!!!! (If you go to <a href="http://www.tinakaye.com/">http://www.tinakaye.com/</a> and scroll down a bit, you can see what I'm talking about if you haven't been there yet).

L
  #5   ^
Old Sat, Apr-12-03, 05:44
& Dillion Doggie Do!

Plan: Atkins, Maintenance
Stats: 221/172/147 Female 5'6"
BF:Sizes over scale!
Progress: 66%

I am very lucky, the woman around me are very supportive! When we all get to gether they ohh and awh over me. If have now lost 16.5 pounds since I started 6 weeks ago. But I have to admit that sometimes I wonder if they are laying it on a bit. But that is just me, never been good at taking a compliment.

Just the same it is nice to hear, and it really keeps me motiviated!
  #6   ^
Old Sat, Apr-12-03, 08:10

Stats: 239/203/160 Female 5'9"
BF:
Progress: 46%
Talking Smile and say 'thanks"

to the compliments - I also find that hard to do, but they are becoming more frequent these days even though the scale is holding steady... I often reply initially that I am not eating the 'whites'- white flour, sugar, bread... but keeping the HB eggs.When someone compliments me and asks for details - I give them this address (so maybe that accounts for some of the lurkers...LOL)

Feeling too good to be on a diet - one day ONE MEAL at a time!

Jan
  #7   ^
Old Sat, Apr-12-03, 13:27

Plan: Atkins/PP
Stats: 185/183/160 Female 5'5
BF:?/?/?
Progress: 8%

Good to hear I'm not alone. Yes, I think I wear more body conscious clothing still. I still have a hard time with fitted items. I forget that they look o.k. Being an ex-anorexic (a LONG time ago), I never have seen myself "Correctly". I think that this has stayed with me. I have to just take others word for it and be objective.
  #8   ^
Old Sat, Apr-12-03, 14:44

Plan: atkins
Stats: 154/146/125 Female 5'4
BF:??
Progress: 28%

congrats!

i think a lot of it is in how you 'carry' your weight. 10 lbs makes a huge difference on me. i carry it on my middle (hips & tummy). still have chicken arms & legs, but once that 10 lbs goes i have a completely different shape.