Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Countdowns, Buddies & Challenges
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#871   ^
Old Tue, Sep-10-24, 17:20

Plan: KETOVORE
Stats: 234/179/155 Female 5'5
BF:
Progress: 70%

OMG aZZ draggin.

I picked up 3 plain grilled burgers and headed home. I am in jammies, and just whipped. BUT I MADE IT IN GOOD FORM AT WORK!

Now I can collapse.

Lori-
I ask myself - WHY does this crap happen to me. I can't make half of this crap up. DRAMA - I never even need to leave my environment. It finds me. LOLOLOL

Later-
Sponsored Links
  #872   ^
Old Wed, Sep-11-24, 04:26

BF:

Good Morning!

I got sleep and feel only a bit sluggy. I thought it might be a day or two of catch-up. I just don't "bounce" the way I used to.

The gal I share an office with is just 3 months older than me and in terrible health. She is going to have years of poor health to contend with. I am NOT complaining all things considered.
I do see people my age in horrible health and I can't help but wonder how much of that is the foods they eat.
The gal next to me has a very intense candy addiction. She eats the mini candy bars one after the other and eats fast foods for lunch. I keep MY mouth shut.

I am nobody's food police. I notice!
Day 3- lololol

Lori- Safe travels I know you will have a grand time! Pictures! Take us with you!

Nic- Are all the people gone now? Did you survive? LOLOL

Trig-
Do you watch or listen to any You Tubes? Jason Fung is putting out some good ones lately.

Bottom line it ALL about the blood sugars and insulin.
---------------------------------------------------------------------

So I am just hanging in and trying to really take this time here and make it an amazing assignment.

I have a few goals for these 26 weeks.
I would love to get to my goal weight finally.
I want to get to my $$ goals as well.
I want to find a happy place when I return.

I am looking at this as a working Sabbatical. I am still considering this as maybe my last travel gig. I am tossing the idea of just one more - in FLORIDA. Then retire from nursing! LOL

My last week is March 8th. It seems so far away but it is really only just 6 months. 26 weeks. I am breaking it down. TIME rolls by so fast for me these days anyway. It is a blank and I am making a memory I can look back on.
"back when I was Traveling" LOLOLOLOL

The landlord have some repairs to do in this unit due to the water leak. I asked if I could move to the upstairs unit next weekend after those neighbors move out and it get cleaned up.
I want to be on the top unit as I don't like people walking above me. HUGE pet peeve.
I think he is cool with it. I might be moving this weekend! My clothes will go from this closet to the one upstairs.

I put some stew meat in the crock pot before I went to bed last night and now its ready for today! Boom done.

Ok ya'll- time to put in another day to "THE MAN'.
  #873   ^
Old Wed, Sep-11-24, 04:33

Plan: Zero Carb!
Stats: 234/182/170 Female 68
BF:
Progress: 81%

Lori, internet is a pain cause if they are working on upgrades like my area, it is truly a normal issue I went thru also and it ain't the modem or cables etc. I just lived thru it and YES IT DROVE ME INSANE but in the end I was ready to cancel them but miracles happened and it became stable again, guess after all that time the work finally got 'upgraded' enough where the interruptions became less and less and boom, internet stable again. I tell ya it stinks

SAFE TRAVELS!!!!!!!

sucks rocks when annoying things happen right before a trip.
I feel for ya. every rv trip something BIG bad seems to go down and one's brain goes numb needing to handle it fast but ya gotta focus on your trip too.....omg that is a royal pain to the ultimate LOL

go on your trip and relax and have fun. THIS IS WHERE YA SAY I DON'T CARE, LET IT GO .... go find a trip golf beer in your near future.

Jazz, wow, on the burst pipes.
Murphy's Law.....what we ALL GET nailed with it constantly right.....I sometimes say what did I do in a past life to deserve this mess? HAHA Chill tho. Chill out best ya can!!

I know that escape critter feeling. Ya know Bolt never did it.
This college cat Milo, omg meowing at the back door and trying to slither thru and getting out over these days but caught easily thankfully....what a pain. every time I go out, which is alot for me in and out actually, I HAVE to think escape cat LOL Drives me bonkers truly. I mean come on, this doesn't have to be on me ya know, cat gotta go LOL

Nicco, hope all going smooth in your neck of the woods Maternal Unit OK? I bet so, you decided to chill thru it and M is not a big hassle ya said so all should be going ok I wish for ya

---------------simple day. off to grocery for a few things.
my 'buy not much' and keep it around $60-70 turns into damn near $150 LOL If I am there, see it, I buy it ya know HAHA Grocery/life supply costs are tough nowadays man big time.

boys outside
milo PIA in house, all over me, clingy, poor thing
hubby off to work, AMEN!! go go go go go
me, hit store at 7am in a bit here and home to ?? few chores, chill day, take life easy and simple and eat 2 lbs. of zc meatloaf.

yea I am zero'ing in on zc meatloaf. Kinda outta steak mode right now and pork belly is ok but pork chops etc ain't on my mind. But enjoying my 2 lb'er meatloaf. SO SO Simple plus I love it reheated, alot of meat I do not like reheated so.....when in doubt, do what I want I want meatloaf. Making a big azz 4 lb. zc meatloaf today and eat on it for 2 days. Done. Less cooking and I love it and........ nothing else HA
(4 lbs meat, 8 eggs, dash of onion powder, smoosh, loaf, and bake)

I gotta get someone to power wash the house. Kiddo said she was gonna do it with our farm power washer, yea right.....Power Wash 2024, never went down like Fence Watch 2022 and Kitchen Faucet Fix Watch 2023, I swear nothing gets finished around here but for the crap jobs I handle LOL ugh.....gonna hire someone to hit house and get it spruced up outside. Gotta think what type of damn new back porch do I really want? Hell I don't even wanna think about it let alone put it into action HAHA eh, forget it til another day

be good all, chat up later, enjoy your day
  #874   ^
Old Wed, Sep-11-24, 06:04

Plan: LC calorie counting
Stats: 223/157.8/145 Female 68 inches
BF:
Progress: 84%

Good Morning!

Just a quick post before we hit the road. Gabby is sleeping here beside my chair.....little does she know. She was in all night and went out this morning for a bit.....now she's in for a few days.

Yeah....this internet crap is just a mild inconvenience. There really is no use in calling them. I don't need a service call, there is nothing wrong here. It is in there cables somewhere. I guess I could lodge a complaint, but it would come to nothing.

Well, DH is getting antsy. Time for another cup of coffee and a little breakfast. Let's go!!!
  #875   ^
Old Wed, Sep-11-24, 12:42

BF:

Good Afternoon!!

We have arrived! We got to our hotel around 1:30 and were able to check in early. I have everything organized in the room and DH is asleep on the bed...so it goes. He was tired after dealing with the traffic, which wasn't that bad, but we're country bumpkins who are not used to it!

We spotted a Mexican restaurant within walking distance of our hotel and that will be our dinner location. Early tomorrow morning we'll have breakfast here and then head to the parking for the event and get shuttled into the golf course. The teams will be having a practice round from 8-12 tomorrow. The first competition round for them will be on Friday and we'll be there for that too.

I wonder if Gabby noticed that we're gone yet? I left her a huge pile of food and the sitter will come tomorrow. She'll be happy to see us on Saturday afternoon.

Hope you've all had a great Wednesday!
  #876   ^
Old Wed, Sep-11-24, 17:26

Plan: General LC
Stats: 000/000/000 Female 5'4"
BF:
Progress: 90%

Hey all-

just dropped the MU back off at her AL and arrived home. I am WHIPPED. The first two days or so went okay and the last two just about took me out. I am EXHAUSTED.

More tomorrow if I can get myself together
  #877   ^
Old Wed, Sep-11-24, 18:26

BF:

Hey late check in

Lori- YAY- Enjoy your trip. Your hotel and dinner sound fab! LOLOL on DH asleep already! How do they do that?!?!?

Trig- Your meat loaf, makes me want some!!!!!
I am so beef-oriented right now.

Nic- glad to know you are now able to rest up. Share when ya can.
------------------------------------------------------

Another day down. It went well. I am pretty tired here still and trying to just catch up. A new routine.

Tomorrow I am going to a SUPER HIGH END white cloth dinner with the team.
The Main doctor at the hospital takes the team out once a year. I get to go-
I mean high end-
Can ya say filet with a crab oscar topping / also going to order seared ahi tuna appetizer- YES PLEASE -
  #878   ^
Old Thu, Sep-12-24, 01:06

BF:

Lori, ahhhh it is cool you are worried about Gabby Good thing is cats do take care of themselves and I bet she is gonna be plotting some type of revenge against you too HAHA I wonder if you will get the silent treatment and act like she doesn't know you at all when ya get home

Same on driving. Older I get the more those hrs on the road take me out too LOL I get you guys on that but enjoy the heck outta your trip. Cool ya got a shuttle!!

Where in VA are ya? Hope it doesn't end up being too much colder for the trip!

Nicco......OMGosh ya had me rollin' laughing from your post. BUT YA got 2 good days ya know, coulda been all 4 and landed ya in the mental ward or something GO RELAX and recharge!!!!

Jazz, glad things are going well. High end. Very cool. Yes filet and crab and Ahi appetizer, sounding real good. Don't forget to order a shrimp cocktail!!! If it is all covered and they want you to part up well, you go for it and order it all, I sure would be captializing on zc options for sure....yum.

How is Ruger adjusting? Hope he is good!

Milo was IN MY FACE while I was trying to eat my meatloaf. Cat was sniffing my mouth and trying to get into my plate and I was like hell no. I got 2 massive meat hounds and the other 3 cats rely on tuna mostly. But the meat hounds I end up sharing my steak and burger with actually. I mean as a carnivore, how can I not share a few bits with them But I am scared to open a can of alabacore for MYSELF now, Yes I gotta get them OUT OF THE HOUSE sooner than later cause I feel like I have to hide my carnivore eating around stinkin' cats HAHA crazy funny

-----------nothing much doing folks. It is 3am. Fell asleep like 9 watching some tv stuff and eyes popped open at 3 and here I am typing.

got 4 hrs to kill before I run to grocery when it opens. Store has a few items I need plus a few meat sales I wanna check out.

ZC going extremely well lately. Feel so peaceful, SO settled into lifestyle. So not having any craving issues or any type of envy toward everything I gave away.....well hell I should be in this zone, been doing this for years and damn it is about time I feel darn settled and great LOL

nothing pressing today. some chores. have to clean up back room from cats. Seems most tracked litter which ain't much tho etc is staying in that backroom so gotta do a good clean up etc. Litterbox is a scary thing in life, well it is to me HAHA

ok be good all, off to do who knows what quietly. Hubby's alarm will scream at around 4am then I can start to make noise.
  #879   ^
Old Thu, Sep-12-24, 05:23

BF:

Good Morning!

530 here, 630 your time!

I am so dang tired. SLEEEEEPPPYYYYYYYYY I am adjusting to it all. I tell ya I just don't bounce or bop the way I used to.

Trig-
OMG you had me rolling regarding those kittens up in your food. Of course they will- they are TRUE carnivores! LOLOL You are competing for their lunch!

I am having a hankering for meatloaf now. I am thinking over the weekend I will put in several and then have some in the freezer ready to pull out. I might do meatballs as well!

I tell ya if I wasn't eating this way I would NOT have the stamina this gig is taking.

Lori-
enjoy your day! We want a blow by blow of details!!!! LOLOL Pictures.

Nic- check in time! LOL
-------------------------------------------------------------

I submitted my travel expenses and expect it will be on my first check. I am delayed a week to get a check!
Anyway-

Ya nothing to report. I am so trying to adjust to getting up so early, the time change, new environment and it all. It is truly more exhausting than I expected, or I am just getting old! LOL

They ladies I work with seem nice enough. My office mate though is my age and just in such poor health. She is paying some QUACK dietitian to advise her. I am not saying a word. She eats such garbage and candy all day long. She has a bucket of candy she keeps at her desk.
All I can say is thank god that was never an addiction I picked up.

Oh by the way check out where I am going tonight. All expenses paid- open bar, and anything is ok to order.

I am getting the filet, with the crap topping and Seared Ahi tuna appetizer. That will be more than enough. I might top it with a good whiskey on the rocks, just 1!!!!! I am driving.

The sun is shining and all is well for a minute. Just need some energy.

https://mahoganyprimesteakhouse.com...mahogany-tulsa/

later gators.
  #880   ^
Old Thu, Sep-12-24, 14:32

BF:

Good Afternoon!

We are back to the hotel and exhausted. It got really hot this afternoon and we are toasted. I don't know what/where we'll go for dinner. There are places within a couple minutes....thank goodness.

Trig.....We are in Manassas VA.

Jaz....I can't wait to hear about your fancy dinner! It sounds lush!

Nic....Have you recovered from your Mom weekend? I'm sure there were many "moments".
-----------

We left the hotel at 6:30 this morning and tomorrow we have to leave at 5AM! The Pro girls start playing at 7AM. It's going to be another LONG day.
  #881   ^
Old Thu, Sep-12-24, 16:09

Plan: General LC
Stats: 000/000/000 Female 5'4"
BF:
Progress: 90%

Hey all-

Checking in.

Lori your schedule sounds exhausting! Enjoy the competition!

Jaz enjoy your dinner out and the yummy food! No doubt adjusting to a new work schedule is a challenge.. but I know you will get there!

Trig glad you are in your happy place with your ZC. I think that is awesome!

--

Today has been a recovery day- well sort of, I did a 4.5 mile hike but that was part of my mental recovery. Overall the trip was good- some positives, some things to know and apply if there is another DE trip for the MU in the future. I'm in no way committing to that any time soon, you can bet on that! I was thinking maybe twice a year but we'll see- maybe less.

Getting more details of the trip to Canada planned. I now having lodging set up for Montreal and Quebec City and a general idea of what we might be doing on PEI and in Nova Scotia. I am leaning away from big excursions and the like. I'll talk to Dh tonight or tmrw night to go over things so far and see what else we want to do or change. The stops I haven't yet planned for are Portland ME, Bar Harbor ME (Acadia NP!) and then we end in Boston but we've done that several times so just heading to the airport from there.

Later, gators!
  #882   ^
Old Thu, Sep-12-24, 19:17

BF:

Hey Nic- Sorry so brain dead. Are you flying or boating on your trip? I totally forget........
I want to here about it - will stick it to memory this time! LOL

Lori- where did you end up going to dinner? Are you in the tourney?

Trig- Whats for dinner! LOLOL
------------------------------------------------------

So I woke up with the WORST Charlie Horse in my right calf. It is STILL SORE. I am taking extra mag for it. What do ya;ll do?????

Dinner was cancelled due to half our staff going home ill today with covid!!!!!!!!! DAM!
  #883   ^
Old Fri, Sep-13-24, 04:33

BF:

Lori, darn your schedule does sound exhausting. Manassas is a nice area, alot of VA is great that I explored! Stroll around slowly and enjoy your day but good thing is you guys can make your own plans and do your own thing so that helps. Gave a blast.

Did cat sitter check in yet?

Nicco.....omg, 2 times a year, maybe less!!!!!!!! friggin' hysterical reading that

Your Canada trip sounds fab. I did skiing at Mont Treblanc outside of Montreal. Wonderful area for sure. I got that 'whole NE area into Canada' planned up for our rv trip. Who knows when LOL but it was on my 'to do rv' list eh, whenever, I can't even seem to get out of the driveway for a short trip let alone a few months on the road like we were planning but darn your trip sounds super great!

Jazz, looked at rest. link....very classy. Sweet! Girl order the best of the best in your zc options and chow down. I would be doing just that

yea meatballs are great for freezing and fast eats and I make those too but for me it is A TAD LESS WORK making a big loaf instead of time rolling a gazillion meatballs...yes I am that zc lazy LOL

-----------hubby working, 2 boys out, 1 boy in tearing up the house with Milo and me, eh, just waiting to wake up some and do a few things. Woke up like super groggy and kinda ain't like moving fast but that will change in a bit.

don't plan on doing alot. that kinda day started already, feeling of being lazy and bleck and screw it, don't care day, so that is how I will proceed

You guys are moving and shaking and I am being a house tater here right now LOL eh, whatever

ok off to just 'be' and everyone be good
  #884   ^
Old Fri, Sep-13-24, 05:14

BF:

TGIF- 1 week (almost) down!

25 weeks to go......... LOL

I am also DRAGGING this morning. I am not going to be rushing. A slow cup of coffee this morning.

Trig- I am really wanting a meatloaf now. I do put a TINY I mean TINY whisper of Primal steak sauce in it for taste. Have you tried any of the Primal sauces? They are pretty clean and if you don't add the entire jar are super high in carbs.

2 kitties still in the house? You are in a good spot being on a farm. I tell ya where I am there are SO SO many feral cats around. It drives the dogs crazy. LOL

Did you close up the pool yet? The mowing should be slowing down as well. Do you ever get over to the Hendersonville area? They have apple farms up that way. Those are fun to visit in the fall.

Lori- Details on your adventures!

Nic- are you still in DE?
------------------------------------------------------------------

I am still working on getting a routine together and still have some energy at the end of the day!

Yea they rescheduled the dinner due to illness! I think it is now slated for the 23nd.

I picked up plain hamburgers on the way home. Nothing fancy last night. I have to go to the grocery. I have zip in the fridge.

well time to put on a face and some clothes.
8 hours to go- then it's jammie time.

Have a great day ladies! Are the leaves turning colors in your area? It is back in the 90's here! UMPGGGGG
  #885   ^
Old Fri, Sep-13-24, 07:21

BF:

Jazz I tell ya with your 25 left to go is gonna actually go fast for you WE ALL know time flies now HA

Bro Gregg lives in Hendersonville actually. No want or desire to ever even think about a visit to an apple farm ever means literally 0 to me. Weeeee..........

You love a tad of Primal Sauces you go for it. Nope I use no sauces at all, in fact I smell A1 I run from the kitchen and both kiddo and the Chop love that stuff they could bathe in it HA
ugh.

just 1 cat in house. Milo. Other gray was put outside with others after I 'used him to take down' Milos energy after their tuna feeding As soon as I call next week and get her set for rabies shot and get that paperwork handled the she is gonzo and kiddo will get her and take her to Uni. I WANT ALL FRIGGIN' CATS OUT of my house sooner than later.

yea they can come in a bit if I feel like seeing them but for me I REQUIRE outside cats that can 'farm it' but also live good as a tad of inside, 95% outside but I will always care for them food, total existence and vet stuff and more, they won't ever be anbandoned in any way.

feral cats. so sad actually. ugh

Sorry your dinner appt got delayed but MORE TIME TO LOOK AT that fab menu and choose one hell of alot of zc options!!! lol