Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Countdowns, Buddies & Challenges
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#841   ^
Old Mon, Sep-02-24, 03:54

Plan: LC calorie counting
Stats: 223/157.8/145 Female 68 inches
BF:
Progress: 84%

Good Morning!

OMG......I played worse yesterday that I did on Saturday! I didn't think it was possible. I got quite upset, but then calmed down and accepted what was. Went into the clubhouse and had 2 beers and all was right with the world again! Back again today...hoping for a turn around, though I won't be winning any $$ this week. My partner was in good spirits and calmed me down. She didn't play well either....misery loves company! Here's to hoping I don't hit any damn trees today!

Jaz......Glad you'll have a few days to get settled in your apartment before work starts. I'm sure the wide open spaces of OK are quite a change from ATL!

Well, back to the course this morning. I need to practice laughing when my shots go awry. It seems to be where I am in my game right now. Sometimes the harder you try, the worse it goes. Maybe I'll do a shot or 2 of liquor before we head out!
Sponsored Links
  #842   ^
Old Mon, Sep-02-24, 04:29

Plan: Zero Carb!
Stats: 234/182/170 Female 68
BF:
Progress: 81%

Lori, ya nailed it. I was thinking a golf beer before t'ing off might be the answer HOPE today is better truly cause I know you want a good score day under your belt on this tourney!!!

Jazz, yea I kinda agree with Lori that a change is a good thing vs. ATL and the crazy that goes with that area. BUT I AM A non-city, closed in, non-crowd person and a farmer gal so your new area would suit me wonderful. Reason I love the beach/coastal area is it is flatter and more open and there is a horizon long off....when I am in the mt areas and in like a valley area with TREES closing me in I get weirdo. I need to see far. That is why the mts ain't me one bit ever LOL So enjoy your crazy quiet and it will be very interesting to see how your new work goes down and the people you do meet.

Nicco, what's up

-------------monday. bleck. Is today Labor day right? whatever, does anyone care, well some enjoy the holiday times but for me now there is almost no holiday event that stirs me at all. Kinda over it all too (just sayin' this is me now HAHA)

off to little store up the road for a few things. Need burger for making a mini meatloaf for food today. NEED tuna and litter for cats. OMG again, I am pretending to be brain dead on the cat costs literally.

oh Jazz, I said to kiddo do ya need me up there and first words were NO NO NO NO NO don't come! OK done deal and I knew the situation was ok so I wasn't overly worried at all actually cause she talked me down easily on how well she was so...

So last night we got a few downpours, not much but enough to freshen the world and wash off the dust so that is good.

I haven't dieted or checked my zc food in forever and now my clothes I have been wearing for like 2 yrs are getting looser. Noticed it but not big changes but now when I put on some of my shorts they are starting to sag and wanna kinda drop SO THAT IS THE POWER of Zero Carb!!! Eat all the hell I want, as much as I want and still getting leaner and meaner. So my size 12s might be toast in say, another 8 mos?? or so and will start buying size 10s again?? NO CLUE but don't care, just noticed and catching glimpses of what items I am wearing and how kinda looser they are getting without giving up one inch of what I eat in a day ever! I eat very big guys, very big OK enough of that, what goes down on carnivore goes down now LOL

So up at 4am and been waiting 3 damn hrs for lil' store to open at 7.......so close, so close LOL ugh

be good all, easy day for me here, not doing much at all
  #843   ^
Old Tue, Sep-03-24, 03:15

BF:

Good Morning!

Yesterday was another bad day on the golf course....terrible score. It was, however, a beautiful day and I was able to be out there, so there's that. Game just in a serious slump right now. On a happy note, one of my good friends(not the B), won the Ladies Club Championship! She beat the lady who has been club champ for the past 13 years! They are both the same age....late 60's. I'm very happy for her.

I'm up stupid early. I woke up at 3:30, went to the loo, back to bed, but couldn't get back to sleep. Started thinking about my stupid golf game and there was no sleeping for me. I have to take Gabby to the Vet this morning around 8. It's just for a check up and rabies shot. I hate putting her thru it. She's had breakfast and is taking a bath here on the floor beside my chair. Every once in a while she paws at the side of my chair so I'll lean down and pet her. She's a love. She usually wants to go outside an hour or so after breakfast.....my luck she'll go into hiding and I'll have to call the Vet and cancel the appt. because I can't find her!

Feeling like a roly-poly this morning. Time for a low calorie/low carb day. I've been feeding my depression over my golf game all weekend. Time to get over it and get my eating under control. It's supposed to be a nice afternoon and I'm going to go out for a walk.

So.....this is Tuesday? I'll have no idea what day it is this whole week. A Monday holiday messes me up! I'm going to drag myself back to the golf course tomorrow. I don't want to give up on it, but after 3 crap days, I don't know how much fun it will be.

----------

Jaz.....is today move in day?

Later!
  #844   ^
Old Tue, Sep-03-24, 07:05

Plan: KETOVORE
Stats: 234/179/155 Female 5'5
BF:
Progress: 70%

Good Tuesday Morning!

Lori- Sorry your game didn't roll as planned. I know you pour your all into that game! It does make the win all that much sweeter though! LOL

I get up early too and sometimes have issues getting back to sleep!

I know that high/low carb days seemed to work SO well for you in the past.
Pull out one of your cruise outfits and hang it in plain sight! Sometimes I do that for an outfit I want to look good in! Goal outfits!

Trig - I tell ya you might thrive in this environment. Hot/ dry/ and can see for miles and miles to the horizon in some spots. Not all spots, but alot of them. Flatter than I am used to.

Funny kiddo told ya to stay home. She has this momma! LOL How is she feeling on that wrist?

Meat ZC is the way for some. I am in that "some". I thrive on lowest carbs possible. My gut thanks me!
Yay on looser shorts!

Nic- Hey- where are ya now?
---------------------------------------------------------

Don't fall off your bar stool, but I actually went to an outdoors church service on Sunday. I went to meet some decent folks here in town. It would be helpful to know some people here, even for the short time I am here.
It wasn't to "churchy". It was fine.

I met a sweet couple there and chatted them up. They said they are having a get together in there home on Thursday and invited me. Maybe I will go. I will think on it.

My weight is up 3 pounds? I have been pretty straight up. I'm not sure why it's up. Urghhhh-
However, I am not going to let a number on a scale derail me. Although it is discouraging.

Finishing my coffee and will pack up this hotel room. My apt is ready. I drove past it twice and I am MEH about it. I wish it has more greenspace. It is a pretty urban feel to it. Also not a place I will be alone at night. I don't think most places are safe for women to be out alone at night anymore.

Well last sip- pack it up and head out!!!!

I start work next Monday.
  #845   ^
Old Wed, Sep-04-24, 04:45

BF:

Good Morning!

Good grief.....I may freeze my la-la's off going to the golf course this morning. It's cold! Sun is coming up and I hope it warms up quickly. I think it's only going to be a high in the mid 70's later this afternoon. I'm not ready for this!!

I had a good lower calorie/carb day yesterday. Today I'll loosen up a little bit and then back down tomorrow. DH & I go away next week, so all bets will be off. We'll be in VA to watch the professional ladies play golf for a couple days. Should be a fun time. It feels strange to think we can go away for a couple days! I hope Gabby will do ok with the pet sitter stopping in every day. I'm sure she will, but I'll still feel a bit guilty. She did great at the Vet yesterday. They just love her as she's not bitey or aggressive. She lost a pound since last year and of course they tried to talk me into all kinds of blood tests etc. I said no. The Vet said she has a nodule on her thyroid. She's 14 years old and is a happy girl. I'm not going to put her thru tests and then shove a pill down her throat twice a day just because she lost a pound.

Well, I have to think about getting ready. Time to break out the golf jackets!

Later!
  #846   ^
Old Wed, Sep-04-24, 12:08

BF:

Good Morning Ladies!

It is still VERY warm here in Tulsa! Very warm and sunny!

Lori- Bundle up! Goodness, I am not complaining about it being warm, it will be COLD here soon enough! Tulsa does get cold and SNOW!!!!!!! I am so not ready for THAT!

YAY on a weekend out with hubby! I know you two will have fun! Gabby will be just fine.
Good thinking on letting her "BE" at 14 years old. I would do the same! Sometimes I think these Vets are in it for the $$$$.

Trig- hiya! You swimming today?

Nic-
Where are you? Missing you!
-----------------------------------------------------------

Got the apt pretty much set up. I bought a small 3 qt crock pot for stew meat and brought my air fryer with me. I also had to order a coffee maker from Amazon that is being delivered. I tell ya some of these places I stay have basically nothing. This is one of those places.

The apt. Is comfortable and pretty on the inside. It lacks greenspace and is old from the outside. But hey, less chance of a break in if people think it a dump. It is also temp. for me.

I did manage to make it to the Irish pub last night. It is half a block down and to the right. Pricy, but something very Harry Potterish on the inside. It was very cool.
I ordered Scotch Eggs and a glass of wine. It was divine! It will be my hang out digs on every now and again. ($$) But I timed the walk less than 2 minutes.

Today I organized my clothes and hung up everything and put stuff away.
Today is a putter day.

Stew meat in the crock pot. I will make noodles (cut Egglife wraps into "noodles"). My version of beef and noodles. No dairy in it. I am OFF dairy.

Have a good one. I am listening to smooth Jazz of course!!!! LOL
  #847   ^
Old Thu, Sep-05-24, 04:15

BF:

Lori, cool your friend won if you can't always wish it to a good friend LOL

oh yea I get ya on the vet. a lb. is nothing truly even to a cat to warrant tons of tests and then a pill all the time like ya said at her age. With Bolt and the heavy duty meds he was on was a friggin' chore but we did it and he did get another 2 yrs of good life til it started to fall apart fast for him but in the end, I would rather pull it then extend it unnaturally on pills for my pets. Gabby is fine now so let it go and ya'll just enjoy life You treat her so well, don't worry it is all good and that cat is in paradise leading a great cat life as it should be!

Cold here too, crazy. flipped fast down here. me not liking it one bit.

Jazz, yea I would love big high dry heat! but we are flipped now into colder as usual but I am sure some heat will come back like it does but it still won't warrant keeping pool open. Night time temps control pool water so......it is mostly over. Too old to jump into too cold water for this old gal anymore LOL My swim time seems to get shortened more and more each year.....eh it is what it is

Hey did ya send pics of new apt. to us? I haven't checked email in a few days so will check later today, if not, KNOW YOU are busy, crap, get us some PICS NOW woman LOL we gotta see

Monday is gonna come fast at ya for work. Don't do too much ya know,,,relax a bit. find your balance and all should be fine in your new area for sure.

Nicco, whats doing?

-----------all good here. Basically now putting cats outside about 4-5am and last night they came in at 10pm, transitioning into outdoor cats going well.

Need rabies for Milo before she can go to college. But can't do shot til Oct. 1 vet said, at age 5 months, and that is pushing it a month early but vet said they are so healthy that it is ok to push that 1 month but not before. UGH I KINDA love Milo but it would be nice to have another cat GONE ya know. They are getting so much bigger that having 4 in the house this size is starting to blow my mind and get me more anxious, lol, they gotta go outside and stay out. Not doing it just yet cause I can't LOSE or have Milo disappear at all, kiddo would kill me LOL so kinda babying them more til I get Milo gonzo and the all boys outside, done deal. ugh....1 month, 1 month

plus Meow'er momma cat is huge. so I can see all these cats being very big heavy weight cats also. yea they growing

tony off to work now
cats outside and had morning tuna
I gotta hit shower, hit store at 7am for a few items, then home to do some small chores and mostly just F away the day here. Kinda in that don't care mode again and I got nothing planned or 'really' need to do so.....yea whatever day. Gotta friggin' love retirement Don't even know what day it is HAHA

all going good so won't rock the boat ever and invite in crazy
be good all
  #848   ^
Old Thu, Sep-05-24, 08:41

BF:

Good Morning!

Waking up and sipping coffee. Temp has dropped here a bit too. However, the high is expected to hit 92. The rest of the week's highs are only in the 80's. I am ready to breathe air without feeling like I am in an oven! Yay for that.

Trig- LOL on those kitty's. Are they spayed yet? 4 cats would make me anxious as well!! Barn kitties will play well there! Put some hay in there and it will be cozy for the Fall and winter.

I agree. The desire for a pool is gone for me, too. I brought my swimsuit but just didn't "feel" like getting into the hotel pool. MEH- just not there.

Check your email- pics are sitting there. I will take more pictures today.

Lori- hey you playing?

Nic- Post up girlie! You are missed
--------------------------------------------------------------

So I took my BS this morning,,,,,, 106 fasting. My goal is to get it to the 80's in the morning.
I am thinking it is the Cortisol at this point. I am still in transition for job, in a new state, still some stress. I expect it will drop after I get started in this job and get into a routine.

I am really staying 10 carbs and under daily. Maybe that is 10 too many. sighhhhhhhhh Still 4 pounds up and it's sticking.

I need to hit the post office, library, and Walmart. Then later early I decided to go to the New Book club. This lady invited me and I will go to meet some people. They are serving Pizza (urgh) I will eat before I go.

Off to get me day started.
  #849   ^
Old Thu, Sep-05-24, 09:23

Plan: General LC
Stats: 000/000/000 Female 5'4"
BF:
Progress: 90%

Hey all!

Still alive, still in DE living the dream
I'm here all on my lonesome and not feeling lonely at all. Today is a pretty full day. Had some stuff going on this morning, doing a welcome wagon visit at noon, PB at one and then the Ravens play tonight.

Our Progressive Dinner is this weekend so I need to run by the store to get ingredients for what we are doing- We are the dessert round this time so I am making a couple of easy refrigerator pies- Key Lime and Cherry Cheesecake-style pie. The latter is a very long time family favorite from when I was a kid.

Dh comes on Saturday and bring Marsha with him. She will stay here with me until we head back on Wednesday. We'll see how it goes. She has never been here before. I've got some loose plans but it'll just unfold as it does.

Weather is GORGEOUS here- just stunning. I love this time of year so much!

Stomach continues to do well. Still on big gun meds and will leave it that way until we return from our trip in early October. I will be 11 days eating out so that is not the time to reduce. Breath tests happening in October as another opportunity to figure out the 'why' aspects of this but I've sort of decided there won't be anything learned.

My PCP called me the other day and her practice will be closing. She is a sole practitioner. I'd like to find another sole practitioner and may go the path of concierge medicine for that.

Jaz- I'm happy for you that you are becoming involved with a book club- I hope you like it! It will take a little time to get up and running in a new place but hopefully you have fun learning and doing that.

Trig- all the cats! I never would have predicted this for you half a year ago!
Yeah it's about time to shut the pools down. The DE pool is staying open until the 15th which I find a little surprising. We usually shut ours down after Labor Day but DH was late to call so it gets shut down 10/30. There will be a lot of debris in the pool from the trees that will need taking care of.

Lori I'm not sure if you are golfing today or not. Sounds like that tourney was a bit of challenge this year. Hope the UD/DD thing is working for you!
  #850   ^
Old Thu, Sep-05-24, 09:31

BF:

heaven help me big time

Milo and momma cat gone

3 boys are on the back porch goofing like always

Last saw Milo and momma around 3 hrs ago. went out to check on all and 3 boys here, but Milo and momma gone. Checked all around house.

I know momma went wandering and I bet Milo followed but I tell ya right now, if she don't bring back Milo when she comes home to eat I am toast.

Kiddo has been saying it is time to keep Milo inside the house cause she will be an indoor cat but I of course throw them out as a bunch........IF I LOSE MILO I don't know how it is gonna go down with kiddo. She will have me dead in a flash..

everyone, chant together, MILO COME BACK NOW

the Chop said don't worry they will wander back but if IT WAS ANY OTHER cat I would be fine ya know.....but friggin' Milo??? the college bound cat?? OMG

ok off I go to check more.....not much I can do at this point

ugh
  #851   ^
Old Thu, Sep-05-24, 11:52

BF:

Good Afternoon!

I ran out of time to post this morning. Went and met my friend and finally had a good round of golf! Thank goodness! I was ready to sell my clubs!

I'll have a quiet afternoon with a nap as a possibility.

---------

Trig.....I am hoping beyond hope that Milo comes home. I'm sure you are frantic.

Nic....Hope things go well with Marsha at the beach house. Does she get around fairly well? Fingers crossed for you.

Jaz....I liked your apartment pics. I think it looks cute. I hope the job is a good fit for you.

--------

DH wants spaghetti for dinner, so I'll have just a little Barilla protein rotini with some of the meat sauce I made. Done and done.

Later!
  #852   ^
Old Thu, Sep-05-24, 13:16

BF:

********** MILO FOUND*********

ALL FRIGGIN' DAY SINCE THEY WENT MISSING I have been making cat calls everywhere around the house. Like 6 friggin' hours later........?? been out constantly just checking and looking and thru the day, not sure on total time but honestly it felt like an eternity. I kept rehearsing the phone call to kiddo.....omgosh it came out horrible no matter how I tried to say that this cat went missing and I can't find her. (Of course that would be days later if I couldn't find it, lol, but no matter what, that conversation was going to be impossible for me, ugh, but now I don't have to do it).

SO I am lame a bit from sciatic nerve and can't walk too far along my pasture areas cause of uneven ground just wanting to take me to the ground (yea usual BS on that for me,,,boo) and I thought, OK, start along my giant tree border near my neighbors house cause I know the kittens were in those trees. So I walked from the road down the entire length of my pasture fence area and tree border just cat calling. Nothing. Then I went into my big horse pasture area where kiddo said she saw momma cat bringing out the kittens from the tall grass. Did a bunch of cat calling in there walking all along my pasture road fence to the end of my pasture.....then back and turned into my gate and walked down to my gray horse barn cat calling all the while my leg giving me fits (WHY DO you get lame when the one thing you have to do is WALK to find something?) ya know??

Then hit around goat area and thought about hitting up my red horse barn but thought nah, let me go back up and retrace steps.

So back to my side pasture area and down my other fence line just cat calling again and behind me I hear that little frantic 'MEOW' 'MEOW' AND TURN and look across the field and spot the white part of her front body color and there is MILO coming out of the big bushy area next to my red horse barn. Meowing like a mother looking all freaky confused. Yea I damn near started crying from the relief of NOT having to tell my kid ahhhhhhh

So over I go and Milo comes a'runnin' and we meet in the middle of the field like a friggin' Lassie movie HAHA

I snatch her up but making my cat calls Momma cat should have been coming around too but no sign of her. I bet they went off and got separated and Milo been in that big ol' brushy area behind the red barn all the time doing who knows what.

I snatched her up and bee-lined for the house warp speed.
Inside now eating tuna at warp speed and has a ton of little sticky weedy burr balls in her fur.

DONE DEAL. NOT going out anymore. I feel so sorry for the cat literally but I will keep one boy in the house with her and just rotate them outside by at all times MILO IS INSIDE. I can't take that chance again.......plus when I vet her for rabies shot in a month I am gonna have her chipped too cause good chance if she escapes from kiddo at college being chipped is the best way to go if she ain't bear bait.

Kiddo loses her that is kiddo. I lose her before she even gets her up to Uni I am just a trash ball for life ya know LOL Ain't doing it. I know the poor thing is gonna want outside but no way now.

So will put my boys on indoor rotation and just hope time flies to get her shot and paperwork and get kiddo to come home, take the darn cat to Uni and I AM OUT of that train wreck.

Then my boys can be outside full time and start their normal next 15 yrs of cat life on the farm........OK I wrote a novel here but honestly my brain is fried and twisted literally from fret over this cat. The cat I must keep alive til kiddo takes it away!! ugh

over and out.......back later to chat up with ya'll once my nerves calm down.

Weeeeeeee...............me safe on this one.

Last edited by Whirrlly : Thu, Sep-05-24 at 13:25.
  #853   ^
Old Thu, Sep-05-24, 14:03

Plan: General LC
Stats: 000/000/000 Female 5'4"
BF:
Progress: 90%

WOW Man, I was reading that with bated breath Trig, omg. I was glad I could skip ahead to find out the ending.
And then your comment about the Lassie movie lolololololol
I could absolutely picture that and it was tooo funny!

Yes do NOT let Milo out any more. That would have been a mess of a situation. That's it!!!
  #854   ^
Old Fri, Sep-06-24, 04:09

BF:

Good Morning!

Up and out for golf again this morning. My lower back is stiff this morning. It's been bothering me for over a week. Hope it loosens up. It's been a long time since I've had a "bad" back. Sigh.....

-----

Trig....SO glad that Milo was found! I hope the little bugger doesn't try to sneak out since she is used to being out. Getting her chipped is probably a good idea.

Jaz....How did the book club go? Hope you met some nice people.

Nic....Good luck on finding a new Dr. that you like. I would like to find a Homeopathic Dr. since I feel that they would be less "drug pusher" and more let's figure out what's causing symptoms. In my area, there aren't a lot of choices other than MD's.

-----

That's it from here. Happy Friday!
  #855   ^
Old Fri, Sep-06-24, 04:18

BF:

Nicco, my story was overly dramatic huh? LOL
Key to it is kiddo has been saying she wants Milo inside since it will be an inside cat at the dorm. If I lose it to the wild outside here, kiddo is gonna take me off this planet for sure!

I bet your being alone is so nice tho. You always are moving and shaking with the fam and all your hobbies etc. so a day by yourself is always welcome.
Hope your visit with DHs mom goes ok!!
Yea, I cleaned the pool, then storms and Chop mowed and threw in grass crap and I need to vacuum but not sure if I am gonna bother and just shut'er down soon now. Summer hot for my swim time seems to have flown by literally, I feel like summer didn't even exist? ugh.

Lori, sell your clubs, yea girl, only to buy a brand new set
You have alot cooler weather coming tho but still got more game time before the snows fly so hopefully you can enjoy them. Also the tourney times seem to stress ya out but heck you win golf beer money so they can't be all that bad!!

Jazz, I saw Lori wrote apt pics, I have to jump over into emails and see what is setting there from ya. Don't worry on BS levels, yea probably stress related so just keep eating your carnivore as normal and don't look back.

---------OK --- so will be keeping Milo and one boy cat inside now. It goes SO against my lifestyle to keep a cat inside the house solely but I must keep Milo in for the sake of my sanity if it gets lost and truly kiddo will go ape on me like we live in crazy town. I do this for my own self preservation LOL Then later tonight after I feed them I will put that one boy out and bring in another as a pet for Milo LOL Countdown for rabies shot and sending Milo to Uni. Feel like I got another kid going to school and leaving the nest HAHA yea right, can't wait for this kid to hit the road and get outta my hair

enough cats, can't talk about a cat anymore right now

SO ZC is going wonderful. Eating totally my fill and now seem to be in a very good zone where I am barely even thinking about old time fav foods or even just caring about them. I truly seem stuck in carnivore lifestyle and it is the best damn place to be stuck I feel peaceful and calm 99.9% of my meals. I cook on auto pilot for hubby now and again, while I can barely even plan his meals for him cause I don't care about 'meals' anymore, I do my best and I am finding I am in a good cooking zone mostly now. I make the meat, he provides the sides he wants and it basically has become him cooking for himself, which he doesn't mind. Every now and then I plan like baked taters etc. for him in the oven and time them for when he gets home from work so he doesn't have to bother waiting on somethihg to cook with his meat ya know. So that part of life, the kitchen, which I am not a fan of anyway, is becoming more easily handled.

ok enough that

Today is mostly do nothing day for me here. Will see what is going down.

OH I got one of my rugs delivered. I like it but WOW the 3 x 5 for back door entry is huge considering my other rug I measured was also 3x5 but is smaller?? WTH? LOL But today is clean/mop etc that area and get rid of that old rug and put in new. Still waiting on the long runner rug for front of sink area. They are shipped separately and hasn't come yet.

eh, I don't know. kinda brain dead this morning in a way. feel like I want not much on my plate and just 'be' without drama

ok be good all