Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Countdowns, Buddies & Challenges
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Mon, Apr-07-03, 13:47

Plan: low carb/Atkins
Stats: 181/171/145 Female 5'4"
BF:
Progress: 28%
Default Countdown to 150

Hey all

Anyone want to join me in a countdown to 150?

I find the challenges really helpful. I was on the weightwatcher's board, Bootcamp Buddies but left when I decided to go LC again. I am always hungry on Weight Watchers. Anyway I found this site this weekend when looking for something to replace BCB.

Started a journal, it is 2 days old. (Tiger's Journal). Check it out.

Introduce yourself and let's get going!

I have a beach vacation coming up in July and I'd like to weight in at 150. I have a stressful job as a principal and am working on a doctorate. I have done low carb before. I like it for the energy I feel, the food I can eat and the decreased appetite.

Look foward to chatting with you.
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Mon, Apr-07-03, 17:36

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 204/176/130
BF:?
Progress: 38%
Default hi

I would love to be at 150 by July for my brother's wedding! My stats are similar to yours...I didn't check your height, though. I am 5'7". Right now I have started working out regularly. I am working towards my MS in Physical Therapy--only a few more weeks.

Not much time to chat tonight, exam tomorrow. But, you can check out my journal if you want...
Cher422's Journal

Good Luck!
-cher
  #3   ^
Old Mon, Apr-07-03, 19:27

Plan: Atkins, KISS, BFL
Stats: 205/153/154 Female 66 inches
BF:
Progress: 102%

Hi, I'd like to join you guys although I don't think I'll be at 150 for a while. It's really my ultimate goal. 36 pounds away, but I'll just count a little longer than you will.

Amy
  #4   ^
Old Tue, Apr-08-03, 07:34

BF:

OK people, how do we do this? Daily posts, countdown statistics, what? I've never done a countdown before.

My plan this week is to try to incorporate some BFL exercises into my routine. I generally do 5-6 days of some sort of cardio and 2-3 days on some of the gym weight machines. But I think I've neglected abs and butt, my two worst spots, so I think if I'm more organized in my exercise I'll do better.

What about you?
Amy
  #5   ^
Old Tue, Apr-08-03, 15:18

Hi SiriusT and welcome!
-I too, am unsure if I will be able to hit the 150 mark by July, but I sure as heck am trying!! Right now I'm working out as much as I can tolerate (posted in my journal) 5-6 days/week with resistance training and walks thrown in whenever time and weather permit. I also follow Atkins.
-I am not weighing myself throughout April--on 3/31, I took my measurements and weight and will do so again May 1st.
-you can do daily posts or whatever you are comfortable with....as for statistics, maybe monthly stats? biweekly? Any suggestions that you have?

Good luck!!

-cher
  #6   ^
Old Tue, Apr-08-03, 16:36

BF:

Hi Cher! Hi Amy!

I have to tell you I am a very slow loser, not in a rush.

I'll weight in, offer support...haven't thought about measurements. I have a pair of reference jeans, tho.

I am using my work and school schedules as well as the weather to make excuses for not exercising. Golf and tennis soon and those I will do.

I do feel great!!!!!! And that has been my motivator.

Looking foward to our challange!

Ellen
  #7   ^
Old Tue, Apr-08-03, 20:46

BF:

Hi again Ellen and Cher (and anyone else dreaming of 150)-

My introduction - I have been following Atkins since Feb. 4. This is my second time on Atkins and it's going much slower. But I had a whoosh last week so I'm not complaining. I work out fairly regularly. I exercise 5 -6 days a week, alternating running with gym days of cardio and weights. I'm planning on incorporating some BFL training into my weight days. Will start that tomorrow.

I'm hoping to get back to daily running. I had to leave a great group of women runners when I began a new job 1 1/2 years ago. I love my job but don't love the excess weight!

Good luck everyone. 150 here we come!
Amy
  #8   ^
Old Wed, Apr-09-03, 04:09

BF:

Good morning group!

Cher, I did my ten minutes of weight training last night. See what an inspiration you have already been? This evening I will dig out my Joyce Verdal book and use that as a guide.

Have a great low carb day. Sounds corny but I mean it....
  #9   ^
Old Wed, Apr-09-03, 11:55

Default great job!

Sounds like you are off to a great start!!! Soon, it will seem like a part of your routine to add a little workout into your day!!

keep up the good work!

-cher
  #10   ^
Old Wed, Apr-09-03, 16:43

BF:

OK I know, another 10 minutes tonight....

Hey I see some of you watching us

...come on in and post!!!!
  #11   ^
Old Wed, Apr-09-03, 18:24

Default I did my stuff today!

Tonight I went for a brisk 45 minute walk--I thought it was warmer than it was, so I was awfully cold! Brrr!!! I thought it was Spring?!?!?! Oh well. Exercise completed!!

-Cher
  #12   ^
Old Wed, Apr-09-03, 18:58

BF:

Hi Ladies,

Good job on the weight lifting Ellen and the walk Cher. It is cold, isn't it. I'm sick of this weather. I plan on running with a friend tomorrow and I hope it isn't still raining!

I went to the gym and did my upper body BFL routine. I took the directions from the website and think I made a mistake. It's only supposed to take 45 minutes, but after 1 1/2 hours I still hadn't completed all the sets and circuits I thought I should do. So I guess I did more than I was supposed to! I'll probably pay for it tomorrow.

How is everyone's eating going?

What are you most looking forward to when you hit 150?

Amy
  #13   ^
Old Wed, Apr-09-03, 20:29

BF:

Good question Amy!

I am looking foward to clothes and shopping.

I did a chest and shoulders routine. Last night was arms. I have arthritis and one spring I came out of the gates too quickly and had major pain and exercise setback. So going slowly is going to be just fine.

Spring break in 10 days. My golf buddy is taking me out for 18 holes on my birthday....the flags are up on the courses...now the snow has to leave.

OK...what is BFL??

Have a good one tomorrow! Pray for great weather....

Ellen
  #14   ^
Old Thu, Apr-10-03, 09:18

BF:

Good morning!

Ellen - BFL stands for Body for Life. It's a very regimented program involving a low carb diet plan and alternating weight lifting days and cardio days. I am only taking the weight lifting portion of the program as I don't want to give up my running or my Atkins program. The weight lifting sounds a little bit like what you're doing. One day you do upper body, two days later you do lower body, etc. In between are cardio days.

As I said in my last post, I overdid it yesterday and slept with a heating pad last night. I also have arthritis and have had a lot of shoulder problems. BUT this morning I feel pretty good! A little tight but no real pain. I'm really happy about that as I was worried I'd be out of commission after last night.

Today I ran with my old running group. That was a major milestone for me and I did pretty well!

It's hard to imagine golf right now but they tell us spring is here and warm weather will come someday...

Amy
  #15   ^
Old Thu, Apr-10-03, 14:50

BF:

Hi Amy...Hi Cher

Tonight I have to go to a dinner so no exercise for me. I find switching over to day light savings time tough going as it is once again dark in the morning when I get up.

Spring Break starts next Thursday so I plan to eat low carb, exercise and study for 11 days. Whoopeeee!!!!!

I will check out the body for life site and see what goes with that.

Have agood one.
Ellen