Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Daily Low-Carb Support > Semi Low-Carb Plans
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Tue, Apr-08-03, 17:43

Plan: Schwarzbein II, BA, IS
Stats: 125.4/119.2/115 Female 5'1" small frame
BF:33% /??? / 20%?
Progress: 60%
Question eDiets - The Zone Plan

Anybody out there try eDiets? I wasn't interested until I saw that it offered a Zone plan. I like it so far. It offers a good variety of block appropriate meals and the recipes to accompany them (you select and add to daily menu). You can also print out a weekly shopping list based on your menus.

Funny thing is that I was eating 11 blocks (from Zoneperfect.com) and eDiets has me eating 12 (fine w/me!).
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Tue, Apr-08-03, 18:37

Plan: Zone
Stats: 151/144/135 Female 5'9"
BF:19
Progress: 44%
Question question about ediets

That sounds great! But don't you have to pay a fee w/ ediets?
  #3   ^
Old Tue, Apr-08-03, 19:37

Yes, $35 for 9 weeks. I can deal with that because I just don't have time to be imaginative with recipes. I was veggie for so long that I've lost my touch cooking anything besides carbohydrates. I was never too into tofu at home.

Anyway, I like the security of having my day laid out for me. Sometimes I'm just too tired to try something new or even just cook dinner. This lays it all out for me - no thinking involved! For example, I made shrimp scampi for supper tonight with some leftover white wine - just a little over doubled the recipe for me and my fellow. Followed recipe (also for brekkie), no fuss. I may not continue program but it is a quick way to get me into the Zone. Once I've mastered these habits, I may be able to do it with less thought. Great for now though!

Jinx
  #4   ^
Old Wed, Apr-09-03, 07:35

Stats: 151/144/135 Female 5'9"
BF:19
Progress: 44%

Heck, whatever works right!

Sounds wonderful, and sounds like you are a determined woman w/ a plan!

I really enjoy being creative w/ the meals as I am sure you will once you start.

It's like an addiction for me now. The more I feel great and lose weight, the more I want to create new and wonderful meals.
  #5   ^
Old Wed, Apr-09-03, 17:02

Stats: 146/140/130
BF:
Progress: 38%
Default ediets and The Zone

Where did you find the Zone option on ediets? I'd like to see that. Thanks! (sorry if this posts twice- my computer has the hiccups)
  #6   ^
Old Wed, Apr-09-03, 21:02

I think its on the home page at ediets.com. When I signed up it had a bunch of choices like diabetes type II, low fat, etc. plus the Zone. You can choose between recipe based (that's what I selected) or convenience based. I really like it. You can also choose no red meat, no fish, veggie only, etc.

The boards stink compared to these and their journal is a joke compared with fitday.com or weight watchers - I am totally in it for the structure of the meals and the recipes - all the perfect block size!

They're starting an ATkins plan too, supposedly on the 16th.
  #7   ^
Old Thu, Apr-10-03, 07:35

I see what you mean! It's not listed in the pulldown menu on the home page, although their icon (and ATkins) is on the banner at the top. All I can tell you is that I'm doing it - 12 blocks, broken down by 3 meals and 2 snacks. Maybe the site is just wonky
  #8   ^
Old Thu, Apr-10-03, 11:04

Stats: 146/140/130
BF:
Progress: 38%
Default ediets/Zone

Ms. Jinx,
I used ediets after the birth of my son, which got the scales moving. I'm so glad you posted that they now offer the Zone and Atkins. I signed up, for the same reasons as you did- ease of compliance! And I'm off to the grocery store to Zone the kitchen and refrigerator. They put me at 15 blocks, where I was doing 11! I hope this will get me living in the Zone.
  #9   ^
Old Thu, Apr-10-03, 11:38

Good for you!! Glad you were able to find the Zone choice. Please let us know how it goes! I just printed out a new shopping list myself. I'm finding it easier, day by day, to switch my protein sources around - like substituting veggie sources for meat, or ground turkey for beef. Very nice. Worth $35 to me at this point for sure.

Also, I talked to an eDiets rep and ATkins will be available on the 19th (had heard the 16th before). I'm just interested in seeing varied meal plans for Atkins - pretty sure they will have lighter menu options (good for me). I have friends interested in this. I think with proper structure it can be done much healthier than most of us would end up doing it (ME!!) on our own.

GOOD LUCK!
Jinx