Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Daily Low-Carb Support > Atkins Diet
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Sat, Oct-10-20, 07:12

Plan: Atkins/LC
Stats: 205/150/150 Female 5'5"
BF:35
Progress: 100%

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2bigtxgal
Doesn't it seem like a shame that as time goes on, there are more and more things you just 'can't eat' - I remember being 20 and eating anything/everything and never feeling sick or bloated or tired. Now - I eat a cheeseburger with a bun and OMG I feel I was hit by a truck for days.

I was just thinking that too, when I see tv shows and they're eating muffins and cookies.. I used to eat like that and was 140 lbs at 5'7. Now forget it. I can't tolerate any of that anymore. sucks.
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Sun, Oct-11-20, 06:14

Plan: Low Carb + JUDD
Stats: 205/204/150 Female 5 foot 7
BF:
Progress:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mayflowers
I was just thinking that too, when I see tv shows and they're eating muffins and cookies.. I used to eat like that and was 140 lbs at 5'7. Now forget it. I can't tolerate any of that anymore. sucks.

I know!! Exactly!!!! (literally, exactly, I'm also 5'7) I was 130-140 for my whole adult life until all of a sudden I wasn't in my late 30s!! Now in my late 40s andso frustrated. I feel like the # of foods I can eat while losing weight is dwindling. 1st week I lost 2lbs w/ cream in my coffee, 2nd week, I gained it back. I'm afraid I'll have to give it up, and it's so frustrating, bc it takes SO much effort to lose the weight, and there's no end in sight. *crying emoji* (There's no crying emoji available so I pretended there was one, haha)
  #3   ^
Old Tue, Oct-13-20, 10:38

Plan: Atkins/LC
Stats: 205/150/150 Female 5'5"
BF:35
Progress: 100%

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2bigtxgal
Now in my late 40s andso frustrated. I feel like the # of foods I can eat while losing weight is dwindling.

Being in your late 40's is when perimenopause starts... night sweats, hot flashes, irregular periods. Believe me you are on the right diet. I was trying to be vegetarian in my 40's and not getting enough protein. I ended up putting on 50 lbs total. I was a chub. Now I'm very close to my goal weight and its all because of low carb. It's the only diet that works for me and I have to live like this forever. Can't go off it. But who would wan to? It's so nice to be able to have a pan fried steak with the pan fat poured all over it.. (mushrooms too) and nice vegetable sides. So much better than low fat cardboard crap right?
  #4   ^
Old Wed, Oct-14-20, 06:50

Plan: Low Carb + JUDD
Stats: 205/204/150 Female 5 foot 7
BF:
Progress:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mayflowers
Being in your late 40's is when perimenopause starts... night sweats, hot flashes, irregular periods. Believe me you are on the right diet. I was trying to be vegetarian in my 40's and not getting enough protein. I ended up putting on 50 lbs total. I was a chub. Now I'm very close to my goal weight and its all because of low carb. It's the only diet that works for me and I have to live like this forever. Can't go off it. But who would wan to? It's so nice to be able to have a pan fried steak with the pan fat poured all over it.. (mushrooms too) and nice vegetable sides. So much better than low fat cardboard crap right?

I agree that low carb is better - I've eaten some version of low-carb for almost 20 years. Difference being sometimes I slack off and make full-carb biscuits once a month, or eat a cheeseburger+fries at a fast food place once a month, or go to a chinese buffet once a month. Other than that, my only carbs come from veggies, seeds, nuts, cheese and cream. With the occasional handful of peanuts. But even THAT is too much, and I gain weight.
I'm dying without coffee+ cream, and cheese, and a few almonds now and then... and about deciding that I'll just enjoy my low-carb lifestyle and give up on losing weight. I know the skinny chicks say 'nothing tastes as good as being thin feels' but obviously they've never eaten my cooking. HAHA.
I feel like I've given up so much already, it feels unfair that I have to give up cream and cheese and nuts TOO! I used to just sit and nosh on straight meat all day, and was fine with it, but now I guess I'm too stubborn or something. LOL.