Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Daily Low-Carb Support > General Low-Carb
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Sun, Apr-06-03, 13:04
Stepford Malfunction

Plan: FatFlush inspired
Stats: 143.5/132/130 Female 62.5 inches
BF:37%/25.%/19%
Progress: 85%
Wink Sugar Bush Anyone

Ludicrous as this may sound - I was thinking that the Sugar Bush Would be a great place for LC'rs to go for a weekend breakfast/brunch - most of them have all you can eat buffets now - with pancakes, french toast, maple syrup, baked beans AND - sausages, bacon, ham, eggs.

Each sugar bush is different of course but around here most advertise their menus in the newspaper so you'd know what was available ahead of time.
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Sun, Apr-06-03, 14:09

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 196/179/164 Female 5'11
BF:
Progress: 53%

I have never even heard of a Sugar bush? Is it just in one province? Sounds funny though...
  #3   ^
Old Sun, Apr-06-03, 14:20
Stepford Malfunction

Plan: FatFlush inspired
Stats: 143.5/132/130 Female 62.5 inches
BF:37%/25.%/19%
Progress: 85%
Default Thats cuz your trees stay dressed all year

Hi faerie girl

It's a maple sugar bush - and in the early spring when they tap the trees and make the maple syrup and sugar most of the sugar bushes (here anyway) have temporary restuarnts set up usually in wood buildings and serve these huge breakfasts that people feast on before or after touring the sugar making facilities. Usually there are sleigh rides and making taffy in the snow and things like that going on as well.

I forgot not everyone has enough maple trees in the area to be acquainted with Sugar Bush - some benefits to harsh winters -

Not just one province - Ontario & Quebec for sure and maybe some small amount in other provinces and I know lots of New England States also have Sugar Bushes - Maine and some others. I guess it's an Eastern thing.

Last edited by KoKo : Sun, Apr-06-03 at 15:21.
  #4   ^
Old Sun, Apr-06-03, 15:14

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 196/179/164 Female 5'11
BF:
Progress: 53%

Sounds yummy - but i don't think i would be able to resist the lure of pancakes and real maple syrup!!
  #5   ^
Old Sun, Apr-06-03, 18:33

Plan: Atkins / Eades
Stats: 254.5/254.5/175
BF:
Progress: 0%
Talking

I would likely end up on a sugar high from the syrup! I remember the days in Maine when we would eat up that maple syrup, putting it on anything and everything we could. Better left in my memory though! LOL