Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Low-Carb Products
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Thu, Apr-03-03, 09:56
& Dillion Doggie Do!

Plan: Atkins, Maintenance
Stats: 221/172/147 Female 5'6"
BF:Sizes over scale!
Progress: 66%
Talking O Carv Candy!

Just came back for The Wal-Mart, they didn't have any Atkins candy bars left. So I tried something different! Carbolite bars, I tried the toffee bar. No one saw me spitting it out of my mouth . And best yet they have 15 Tatal Carbs, and 15 Sugar Alcohols, canceling out each other! I FOUND A GOOD CANDY BAR WITH NO CARBS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Just a bit happy over this one, with Easter coming and all. Of, incase you wanted to know, there were 96 cents a bar.
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Thu, Apr-03-03, 10:39
Registered Member

Plan: somersize
Stats: 180/178/126
BF:
Progress: 4%
Default Glad to know

I was wondering where to find those. They didnt have them at my whole foods store, and everyone raves about it.

YEA!!!!

I was not aware carbs and sugar alcohol cancel each other out. I thought only fiber cancelled out carbs. Woohoo!
  #3   ^
Old Thu, Apr-03-03, 10:43
Stepford Malfunction

Plan: FatFlush inspired
Stats: 143.5/132/130 Female 62.5 inches
BF:37%/25.%/19%
Progress: 85%

Somehow I thought sugar alcohols were bad too - I don't eat any diet products so I've never checked it out but I THINK they are bad.
  #4   ^
Old Thu, Apr-03-03, 10:51
Stepford Malfunction

Plan: FatFlush inspired
Stats: 143.5/132/130 Female 62.5 inches
BF:37%/25.%/19%
Progress: 85%

Here's a link that has information about sugar alcohols, if you do a search -keyword sugar alcohol - subject - thread you will find lots of threads on them - lots of people find they mess up their weight loss.

http://www.lowcarb.ca/tips/tips010.html
  #5   ^
Old Thu, Apr-03-03, 11:42

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 259/223/148 Female 5'7
BF:No clue
Progress: 32%

The Carbolite bars aren't bad at all. I think the Pure De-Lite bars are much, much better, though...along with Dr. A's Peanut Butter cups...lol. I try to stay away from them, though, because I'm trying to stick with a clean induction until I move to owl in a few months. Every so often I've let myself have, but if I have them in the house, I tend to eat them.

As far as the sugar alcohols...they did cause a laxative effect once and I was so sick and swore I would never have anything like that again. I have nibbled on them since (the Russell Stovers) with no problem. I think the key is to not go overboard and eat four at a time...lol.

L
  #6   ^
Old Thu, Apr-03-03, 11:52
& Dillion Doggie Do!

Plan: Atkins, Maintenance
Stats: 221/172/147 Female 5'6"
BF:Sizes over scale!
Progress: 66%

It is true that sugar alcohols can cause some people to stall, I am just hoping that I am not one of those people! At least one every several days shouldn't do to much damange (crossing fingers).

And as far as a laxative effect, once in a while on the Atkins diet that can be a need benifit Yet it has not effected me that way as of yet.
  #7   ^
Old Thu, Apr-03-03, 12:01

Stats: 198/189/145
BF:
Progress: 17%
Default Pure De-Lite bars

Hi - I am new to this forum but have been following conversations for a while. I have been on Induction for almost 3 weeks. Lost 9 lbs. I bought Atkins Bars at Herbies (Canada) for 1.99 (on sale) real cheap. My question is can you get the Pure De-Lite bars in Canada...lol. I live near Niagara Falls
  #8   ^
Old Fri, Apr-04-03, 07:55

Stats: 259/223/148 Female 5'7
BF:No clue
Progress: 32%

DonnaH, I don't know if you can get them in Canada, but if not, just cross over into Buffalo and pick some up at Walmart I'm not too far from you over here in Rochester.

L