Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Daily Low-Carb Support > General Low-Carb
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Tue, Jun-05-18, 14:24

Plan: P:E/DDF
Stats: 225/150/169 Female 5' 9"
BF:45%/28%/25%
Progress: 134%

This will be way more than you asked for, but this is a Resource List kept at Dr. Westman's support group page. The order is meaningless, His books first then how the list developed as members added to it.

I would certainly put Nina Teicholz "The Big Fat Surprise" higher if this were ordered by my favorites. And all three of Gary Taubes books too. I switched from mostly vegetarian to low carb right after I read the Cancer chapter in Taubes' Good Calories, Bad Calories. I have read all of the books on this list except Hacking the American mind, and like these four best for their "readability".

Quote:
Low Carbohydrate, Ketogenic Diet Manual: No Sugar, No Starch Diet - Dr. Eric C. Westman M.D. The paperback booklet with purple cover is Out of Print. Only available as Amazon Kindle, $5. This is the most complete and accurate version of the clinic diet.

The Adapt Program: How To Adapt into a Fat Burning Machine - Dr Eric Westman. The Adapt Program paperback booklet with red cover is Out of Print. Update: A new book with a different title will be published, no estimated publication date.

New Atkins for a New You: The Ultimate Diet for Shedding Weight and Feeling Great - Dr Eric Westman, Dr. Steve Phinney & Dr. Jeff Volek

The Low-Carb Diabetes Solution Cookbook: Prevent and Heal Type 2 Diabetes with 200 Ultra Low-Carb Recipes - Dana Carpenter and Dr. Eric Westman. HealClinic diet guidelines included in this book, similar to the Lifestyle Clinic's No Sugar, No Starch Diet.

Keto Clarity: Your Definitive Guide to the Benefits of a Low-Carb, High-Fat Diet - Jimmy Moore , Eric Westman MD

Cholesterol Clarity: What The HDL Is Wrong With My Numbers? - Jimmy Moore, Eric C. Westman

Why We Get Fat: And What to Do About It - Gary Taubes. The Duke Lifestyle Clinic Diet by Dr. Eric Westman is in the appendix*.

Taubes' original longer book is Good Calories, Bad Calories and his latest book is The Case Against Sugar.

The Obesity Code and The Diabetes Code - Dr. Jason Fung

Wheat Belly, Wheat Belly Total Health and Undoctored- Dr. William Davis

Art and Science of Low Carbohydrate Living - Drs. Phinney & Volek

The Art and Science of Low Carbohydrate Performance - Drs. Phinney & Volek

Protein Power: The High-Protein/Low-Carbohydrate Way to Lose Weight, Feel Fit, and Boost Your Health--in Just Weeks! - Drs. Eades & Eades

Grain Brain: The Surprising Truth about Wheat, Carbs, and Sugar--Your Brain's Silent Killers - David Perlmutter, MD

The Wahls Protocol: A Radical New Way to Treat All Chronic Autoimmune Conditions Using Paleo Principles - Terry Wahls M.D.

Life Without Bread - Christian B. Allan & Dr. Wolfgang Lutz

The Big Fat Surprise - Nina Teicholz

Fat Chance and Hacking of American Mind- Robert Lustig

Keto for Cancer - Miriam Kalamian. Excellent book for using a ketogenic diet with standard of care treatments. Her website and basic food list: https://www.dietarytherapies.com/foods/

Journey to Health: A Journey Worth Taking: Cooking Keto with Kristie - Kristie Sullivan Cookbook by member of local support group. Kindle version has links to her video recipe channel. https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCF...vsU8leOQ/videos.

Newest cookbook, Keto Living Day by Day, 130 Deceptively Simple Recipes, Great for Beginners, published today.

DietDoctor website for everything Low Carb High Fat (LCHF) and Ketogenic. http://www.dietdoctor.com/low-carb

Many interviews, presentations, videos and low carb/keto guides featuring Dr. Eric Westman and other renown low carb doctors. Excellent keto recipes, may search recipes for strictness of carb level, change serving sizes, metric/US, by meal or ingredients. https://www.dietdoctor.com/low-carb/recipes

Last edited by JEY100 : Tue, Jun-05-18 at 15:47.
Sponsored Links