Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Daily Low-Carb Support > CAD/CALP
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Wed, Apr-02-03, 12:22

Plan: carb addicts diet
Stats: 320/315/175
BF:too damn much
Progress: 3%
Default fallen and not sure which wagon to catch! And mid morn stomach pain on Cad

I have fallen and i can't get up?.. No, i can get up but which wagon should i ride on is my question!

I have faithfully tried this CAD's diet for a week. I told myself in the beginning to just give it one week and then decide. Yes i lost about 4 pounds that was the good part .
What is bothering me is i really don't think i can do this for a long time as after a week i am sick of eggs!!! I have read posts regarding other breakfast idea's but i just can't stomach them in the morning. Breakfast meals are tough for me. Of course toast is something i can stomach. Go figure
I have a lot of weight to lose so doing this for the long run i think is going to be tough. As i have been told by numerous people. "you have to go on something that you can be on for the rest of your life"

The other thing that i noticed in the first week is that after breakfast which consisted of protien(eggs) sometimes i would make an omlette with some g. pepper and onions and mushrooms. .. .About mid morning i started to experience stomach pressure/pain. I haven't experienced this before. I am wondering is it from having too much protien and nothing else in the morning. Have any of you expierienced that????????

Thinking on going back to the Points on WW. Ya, ya ya i know YUCK!.. but i am thinking i can then have the variety i want and hopefully still lose. I am thinking on using my points in a way that i don't pick as much carbs

What do ya'll think???

Thanks
*PEACE
Bethyboo
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Wed, Apr-02-03, 14:47

Plan: CAD
Stats: 160/152/140
BF:
Progress: 40%

I HAVE BEEN ON THIS FOR ABOUT 3 WEEKS. AND I NORMALLY DONT EAT BREAKFAST.....YOU COULD DO PLAN D WHICH IS THE

COMPLENTARY BREAKFAST OR LUNCH..........A REWARD DINER PLUS THE SALAD.....

MAYBE FOR BREAKFAST YOU COULD DO THE CINNAMON COFFEE CAKE...ITS ACTUALLY PRETTY GOOD.

YOU WILL LOOSE MORE WEIGHT DOING PLAN D.....

HOPE THIS HELPS

AMBER
  #3   ^
Old Wed, Apr-02-03, 15:10
Finding the Pieces

Plan: Mishmash
Stats: 365/260.0/185 Female 66
BF:
Progress: 58%

If you have stomach pains, you could have an allergy to eggs. Why limit yourself to eggs? Just think of breakfast as another meal. You could have anything!! Think outside the box.
  #4   ^
Old Wed, Apr-02-03, 15:50

Plan: Weight Watchers
Stats: 264/136/146 Female 64inches
BF:
Progress: 108%

Is it that you don't want to eat breakfast at all or that you do not like the choices that are available (and that sound good to you) for breakfast? I'm not clear on what your issue is.

This is a problem spot for my husband too. He eats the same thing - eggs, cheesy thingy - every single day because he feels as you do .....there is no life past toast! LOL Have you looked in the books and tried any of the recipes? There might be something there that will work for you.

Maybe if you are able to just skip the am CM (this is what I do), then the salad or veggies and meat would be more appealing to you a little later in the day.

Are you doing ok with the rest of the day?

As for giving up and joining WW, I agree that you have to find something you can live with. That is most important. How many times have you tried WW. I know myself, at least a dozen. You did wonderfully on this with regard to weight loss, but I just don't think a week is long enough for you to work out all the kinks. I tend to think a month is a much more fair trial of how something works.

Let us know what you decide, but remember, if you are a carb addict, you will always have trouble following WW successfully. Hang on a while longer. I think you'll figure it out.

Deb
  #5   ^
Old Wed, Apr-02-03, 18:44

Plan: carb addicts diet
Stats: 320/315/175
BF:too damn much
Progress: 3%

Jazzrcissor.... where did you get the cinnamon coffee cake rec ipe from?....Possibly in the book???.. IF so i should read it over again. Hey if it tastes good i am all for it. I have tried the pancakes and the no carb bread and it is not for me. Skipping breakfast would not work for me. I have tried. I really have to have something in the morning or i start to feel really weak and sick feeling.

Quikdeb,.. Yes the rest of the day goes good for me. It just seems to be the protein in the morning bothering my stomach. I did have my gaulbladder out about 5 yrs ago. So i am wondering if the "just protein" meal and not having that may have something to do with it.

Zuleikaa,.... i have tried to think of other things but as i said i can't stomach much in the morning as a rule at anytime. BUT, i do have to have something. I don't even like cereal at normal times. What i normally have is either toast , a bagel w/cream cheese or eggs and toast. and orange juice, But i usually alternate them.

I was shopping the other day and noticed a new thing in the medication section. I think it was "all natural" but not sure as i didn't really have time to read it. It was a daily pill that was called "stop the carbs".. Apparently it blocks the bodies absorbtion of carbs. Have any of you heard of it and if so is it safe?....... I know i did the Xenical thing. That is the med that stops the absorbtion of fats into your system. Works good and you lose weight but running to the bathroom with diarria just isn't worth it!!

Again .. thanks for your thoughts i do appreciate them and look forward to any other suggestions

Thanks & Peace
Bethyboo
  #6   ^
Old Wed, Apr-02-03, 18:59

Plan: Weight Watchers
Stats: 264/136/146 Female 64inches
BF:
Progress: 108%

Maybe you could spread that cream cheese on a piece of celery?

Deb
  #7   ^
Old Wed, Apr-02-03, 20:43

Plan: South Beach
Stats: 184/184/165 Female 5' 6"
BF:no clue
Progress: 0%

Could it possibly be the green pepper causing the stomach pains? Green pepper gives me pretty moderate gas even in small quantities. Anyway, just thought I'd toss out an idea. Let us know what you figure out! I'm always on the lookout for breakfast ideas as well.