Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Daily Low-Carb Support > Atkins Diet
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Mon, Mar-31-03, 11:00

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 170/132/122 Female 62
BF:23%
Progress: 79%
Default Bad Day

Ok gang, I'm having a bad day. 9th week of atkins, and I'm doing wonderful lost 20 pounds. I know I won't see or feel anything this week because its that time of coming up. But I'm having a really bad day. I'm not feeling good, sinus problems, didn't sleep good last night. Husband is very very upset with his three daughters for being selfish, and rude and ugly to him. One is married the other two live with us. the 15 year old besides being ugly to him with her attitude, is a big sneak, caused problems from smoking, drinking, taking drugs, and being pramuscius (spelling ?) with boys. She's been punshed, in christian counceling, thought she was doing better, but has been sneaking again and listening to filthy filthy music again. Husband is so upset.

When it gets like this I want to climb under my bed bringing my two children with me. No they aren't angles, but they are not spoiled and intentionally cruel like his three girls are. We've been married for 9 1/2 years and have had custody of the girls since we got married.

To my question, today I just don't feel like keeping to atkins, I know I will but part of me wants to do the emotional, PMS thing, eat Pizza and drink beer and candy bars. I know its partly because I'm tired and not feeling good. But what can you do - today just won't end. I'm at work right now, but dread going home because I know My spouse will be in a bad mood when he has to confront is daughter. Why are we emotional eaters? And how do we overcome it?
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Mon, Mar-31-03, 11:11

Plan: Restart Atkins 5/15/09
Stats: 155.5/134/125 Female 5' 1 1/2 "
BF:Shhh.....
Progress: 70%
Default No......

Please, whatever you do don't blow it. You are doing such a good job right now ! If you just feel the need to eat then have a boiled egg or some crispy bacon. Heck, even just eat the toppings off of the pizza. Just don't ruin your progress because then you will really be emotional. Keep your head up! It will get better.
  #3   ^
Old Mon, Mar-31-03, 11:14

Plan: South Beach
Stats: 135/123.0/120 Female 5 feet 2 inches
BF:
Progress: 80%

If you do the emotional, PMS thing, eat pizza and drink beer and eat candy bars, you'll feel pretty poorly about yourself tomorrow on top of having the domestic troubles. That is something hard to control, OTOH, you can control what you put into your body. If you end up having an Atkins day, think of how much stronger (mentally) and physically better you'll feel tomorrow.

I lost my consulting job the fourth month into Atkins (after that, I chose to stop working). I remember telling my husband that if I was having weight issues on top of the prospects of not being employed (I had already lost about fifteen lbs.), it would have REALLY been a bummer.

Sorry things are crazy at home. I have yet to deal with that turmoil, as my daughter is just four years old.

Remember, be strong, keep up Atkins today, you'll feel much better tomorrow for it.

Last edited by paradise : Mon, Mar-31-03 at 11:15.
  #4   ^
Old Mon, Mar-31-03, 11:18
empress of fashion

Stats: 178/161.5/145 Female 5'3"
BF:
Progress: 50%

Wow- sorry to hear things are going so miserably for you at home. But I have to say 'ditto' to the previous posts - going on a bender will only make you feel worse. Better to do something that makes you feel great. Only you know what those things are - a good book, a bike ride, a movie - find them! Do them!
It may be a good time to start a journal as well. Online or on paper - writing about your thoughts and feelings can be a powerful thing.
Best to you!
  #5   ^
Old Mon, Mar-31-03, 11:30

Plan: atkins
Stats: 165/145/130
BF:
Progress: 57%

The fact that you got on the support forum instead of grabbing a candy bar shows that you don't want to sabotage yourself - good for you!

I know what you mean about teenage girls being awful and mean and deceitful towards their father - it's so hard to watch it and bite your tongue. They're really good at punching those buttons, and at that age it's never occured to them that just because they can doesn't mean they have to do it. Really, in a few years (I know that seems like forever right now), it will all be over.
  #6   ^
Old Mon, Mar-31-03, 12:15
Stepford Malfunction

Plan: FatFlush inspired
Stats: 143.5/132/130 Female 62.5 inches
BF:37%/25.%/19%
Progress: 85%
Default Read this before you eat the wrong thing

Hi there, sorry you are having such a hard time right now, I can't pop in too help but maybe if you read the thread below it will inspire you to hang in there through your TOM. Hope so

http://forum.lowcarber.org/showthre...&threadid=95684
  #7   ^
Old Mon, Mar-31-03, 13:04

Stats: 184/156/160 Female 71 inches
BF:
Progress: 117%
Talking Getting a Grip

I know it's hard. I have a 20-yr-old who tried to commit suicide a few weeks ago, so I am in total sympathy with most all of your issues at home. When things get bad/stressful for me, I take some deep, slow breaths-then I pray. Then I remind myself that emotional eating never actually solved any problem, it is just a quick fix that is guaranteed to make you sorry later.

When none of that works, i grab a SMALL piece of an Atkins bar-chocolate decadence is my favorite. If that isn't enough, I immediately eat a small piece of cheese or drink a small glass of tomato juice to take away the sweet cravings.

I know you're close to the end of your rope. Tie a knot in the end and hang on the best way you can. Being thin is 10 times better than eating oneself out of one's clothing and into a terrible self-image!

Love and hugs-
  #8   ^
Old Mon, Mar-31-03, 14:01

Plan: my own ~ fasting.
Stats: 178/134/110 Female 4ft.11
BF:
Progress: 65%
Default Hi Laura

You can do this. I know u can. Some days or better then others.
Take a brake and work on u. Even if u have to go in other room go and work out. or walk. Just think Gal. u have a wedding to go to and u know who will be there. skinny. ha. So u go and show off that new body u have worked so hard of. get a hair style any thing just to feel good.
Today is 9 week for me to. and iam still doing interduction. Tuesday is new day and month to see what we can get done. Iam measuring this time and doing more work to get this weight going down. Atkins is a hard diet for it is very slow. but i think we have to just kick things in and make it work for our body. some gals need more cals and fat some less. iam one whom works great with less and more exersice. if my body really needs something i give it. right now am lowering my carbs for 14 days and lower cals. but little more fat and water ~water. I for one set goals and boy do i get down when i dont get there. will iam 5lbs short as of today on making my goal of 145. but u know what i lost 15lbs. so thats good to. just last week lost 5lbs in two days after long stall.
Today i started 2 tom. one was Marc.17 and other was 30 Mar. so i hope Tuesday when i start new month will be down1-2lbs but better then when i started feb1. i know me and i will be in fall 100lbs. or so close to it. Laura lets write to each other if u need. janet
  #9   ^
Old Mon, Mar-31-03, 14:08

Stats: 170/132/122 Female 62
BF:23%
Progress: 79%

Thanks all of ya'll. I know everything ya'll are saying is correct and its 2 o'clock and I haven't fallen off yet. I'm sure I won't. Its just that I'm feeling emotionally tired. I just want to go home and take a long hot bath and hide in my bedroom. (like that can happend with four kids and a husband at home). But the support today has really helped. Thanks
  #10   ^
Old Mon, Mar-31-03, 14:55

Plan: MOP
Stats: 169/159/135
BF:45%/42%/ 35%
Progress: 29%

Hang in there. You can do it. Give your DH the support he needs in dealing with the girl without interfering. Remember you are a team and you can work on it together.
  #11   ^
Old Tue, Apr-01-03, 09:38

Plan: atkins
Stats: 165/145/130
BF:
Progress: 57%
Smile New Day

Just wanted to check in and say hi - hope today is better for you than yesterday was!