Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Triple Digits Club
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#16   ^
Old Thu, Mar-27-03, 15:08

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 299/288/197
BF:
Progress: 11%

Quote:
IN THE LAST 4 WEEKS I'VE LOST 17 KGS (THATS 37.4 POUNDS)

Hi I know i dont know you but..... I was reading you post and thought i would come in and say Congrats!!!

I was very moved and am very happy for you. Keep up the good work.
I must admit i am a tad jealous. But happy for you none the less.
You go girl!!!
Sponsored Links
  #17   ^
Old Thu, Mar-27-03, 15:20

Plan: General Low Carb
Stats: 415/338.8/170 Female 177cm
BF:unknown
Progress: 31%

Oh goodness, thank you all for your supportive replies, thank you Karrahs and pixy-nixy for your wonderful words

Anne, I was a little unsure about the difference in the scales but I've only weighed myself once before yesterday in the whole 6 weeks so from now on I'll be using this set of scales only

Redawn, I agree, I'm nowhere near finished losing the weight I want to lose and I am definately NOT going to put this back on

Hi Liz, my clothes arn't falling off me yet cause like most of us I always wore stuff that was a little bigger, something to hid in (although how a 400 odd pound woman thinks she can hide herself I don't know ) so I don't notice it so much, but in saying that my feet are smaller (I had to take the buckles in on my sandals), my bum has shrunk (one pair of my pants are so saggy in the butt area it looks like nappies ), my face is thinner and I've definately lost cm/inches from the main parts of my bod that I measure (bust, waist, arms, stomach & thighs).... although I am also wearing a pair of capri pants that I didn't wear all last summer cause they were too tight around the stomach

Donald - thank you, you have been an inspiration to me, your journal (your pizza quiche ) your posts, so that you so much for your words and yes I am proud - its a strange feeling isn't especially when I don't remember the last time before this WOL I was proud of myself

Julienne - thank you, has it been hard? - ummm not really, alteast not as hard as trying to stick to a LF diet. I did the induction thing (got the withdrawls on the 3rd day but it only lasted a couple of hours) and since finishing Induction I've kept to the 20g carbs (sometimes going up to 25g but no more), I've included some fruit, cottage cheese & nuts and seeds in my diet.... I have struggled sometimes with emotional eating but have always grabbed LC food and I have had to contend with some people looking in my grocery cart at the shops and telling me that I should go to weight watchers or eat low fat cause this (what was in my cart) was what made me so fat .... I won't tell you what I told them but it wasn't polite but I have a wonderful supportive family who are educated about this WOL, well they have become educated since I've been on this, my partner is on it with me and he is wonderful support.

Gotaloseit - thank you, I don't remember the last time I cried tears of pure joy, they are wonderful and I highly recommend them!

OnMyWay2me - wow congrats on your weight loss, you are doing so very very well.... I love shrinking don't you

Thalie - thank you and welcome to LC-ing. I think its a pretty damn fine WOL

Shannon- thank you as well, I will definately drop by your journal this weekend ......

Hiedi - You know what, when I started this WOL I thought "I can do this" now I think "I will do this" , thanks and I'll pop by your journal this weekend as well

TraceyLynn - Isn't it strange about being happy about weigh-ins!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! the scale was always my most hated enemy and now, I love it - but it is packed away somewhere in the spare room for another month (I gave it to Daniel and told him not to give it back to me till the 25th April) so I will wait another 4 weeks to see whats going on

Robyn - thanks a bunch mate

Pokey - thanks to you as well, your support and kindness is appreciated

Fee (who slept like a baby last night and got up this morning and had another cry )

Last edited by FionaC : Thu, Mar-27-03 at 15:21.
  #18   ^
Old Thu, Mar-27-03, 16:51
Registered Member

Plan: CAD/Atkins
Stats: 265/258/165
BF:
Progress: 7%

Yay!!!!!!! Fiona, this is wonderful news!! I am so happy for you.

It must be an awesome feeling! I am so proud of you. You know, I was getting down on myself today about being a slow loser, but your loss has inspired me and totally cheered me up!!!!!!!
  #19   ^
Old Thu, Mar-27-03, 18:52
Everyday Sane Psycho

Plan: Bernstein, Keto IFast
Stats: 385/253/160 Female 67.5
BF:14d bsl 400/122/83
Progress: 59%
Cool Congrats!

Fiona, you did such a great job!
Way to go!!
  #20   ^
Old Thu, Mar-27-03, 20:56

Stats: 380/326.4/200 Female 62 iinches
BF:
Progress: 30%
Default Great job!

Fiona- great job! I bet you fell empowered. You can do it.
  #21   ^
Old Thu, Mar-27-03, 21:35

Plan: Atkins/BFL
Stats: 325/287/150
BF:
Progress: 22%

Hey, has anyone seen Fee? I know she must be around here somewhere ... oh, wait, THERE she is, that skinny lady in the saggy pants... she's just shrinking so much I couldn't find her!

Congrats, dear. You're doing splendidly.
  #22   ^
Old Thu, Mar-27-03, 22:19

Plan: Protein Power
Stats: 298/265/145
BF:
Progress: 22%
Default Wonderful!

Ah Fiona this is WONDERFUL news - You've made my night!

And even so, congrat's on not letting the scale rule - hide it indeed

You've made an awesome start! Hug your sweetie & family & let them hug you back. You're all lucky to have each other! & Woo Hoo! You are on your way! Good Show!
  #23   ^
Old Fri, Mar-28-03, 02:55

Plan: Atkins-modified
Stats: 371/194/175 Female 5'4"
BF:
Progress: 90%

Congrats!! Keep up the good work !!!!

Toni
  #24   ^
Old Sat, Mar-29-03, 14:05
Registered Member

Plan: atkins
Stats: 312/159.5/150 Female 64 inches
BF:34
Progress: 94%

congrats! you're doing wonderful! i look forward to seeing you shring before my eyes
  #25   ^
Old Fri, Apr-04-03, 16:11

Plan: Atkins, BFL modified
Stats: 325/266.5/140 Female 5'7"
BF:
Progress: 32%

Hi Fiona,

Just stopped by, was wondering how things are going?? Still liking the LC life??? Lost 6 lbs this week myself.....and am going to celebrate with a glass of wine. Hope all is well. Let me know how things are.
  #26   ^
Old Sat, Apr-05-03, 12:44

Plan: my own
Stats: 253/176.0/153 Female 5 feet 7 inches
BF:
Progress: 77%

WOW....what an amazing weight loss.. ..you must be so thrilled....i know i would be...Keep up the great work ...i will be checking out your journal to see how you are continuing to do and cheering you along the way.
  #27   ^
Old Sat, Apr-05-03, 17:40
... Pro-Atkins!

Plan: General LC
Stats: 312/274/220 Female 5'11"
BF:
Progress: 41%
Default Wow!

Congratulations! What inspirational news!

How does it feel to leave the '400' range and enter the '300' pound zone? It's those kinds of transitional markers that really affect me ...

Shedding a tear in your honor!

XOXO AntiM
  #28   ^
Old Sun, Apr-06-03, 10:54

Plan: SP/Atkins hybrid
Stats: 224/192/130 Female 61 inches
BF:
Progress: 34%

WOW!!! That is incredibly good news!!! And what a great surprise for you if you hadn't been weighing regularly!!!
  #29   ^
Old Sun, Apr-06-03, 17:13

Plan: south beach (CAD)
Stats: 314/284/150 Female 5 ft 4 in
BF:49
Progress: 18%

WOw Hurray for you. What an accomplishment-Isn't it great to enter a new century!!!! Great Job!!!
  #30   ^
Old Sun, Apr-06-03, 18:30

Stats: 297/237/145 Female 65 inches
BF:
Progress: 39%

I feel that way with every decade I enter on my way down!! I know without a doubt I will be ecstatic when I reach 199!! These posts have been very inspirational. Thanks and keep up the good work.