Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Daily Low-Carb Support > Atkins Diet
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Thu, Mar-27-03, 10:42

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 204/194/140 Female 64
BF:
Progress: 16%
Smile Need help finding Atkins products

I live in Ottawa, Canada and wanted to ask anyone from the area may read this where I can find Atkins products like the Advantage bars....

I started induction Monday this week and all is going reasonably well except for breakfast. I am a definitely a carbo at breakfast and need some other options besides cheese and eggs in the morning. I don't spend alot of time preparing breakfast or eating it as I usually have a hectic start to each day so any ideas would be great...
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Thu, Mar-27-03, 11:01

Plan: Atkins / Curves
Stats: 182.0/182.0/150 Female 5'6"
BF:27.2
Progress: 0%

You don't have to eat breakfast food at breakfast - I ate a left over burger from last night for breakfast this morning and melted cheese on it - I've often had celery with cream cheese spread on it as well. Another thing you can do ahead of time is make a frittata (recipe section) - you can put it in the fridge and just grab a slice for breakfast at home or on the run. I'd stay away from the Advantage bars especailly during induction, you are trying to detox your body at this stage. Try them after you've finished, but a lot of people stall eating these. Some health food stores sell them, or will order them for you.

Good luck

Vikki
  #3   ^
Old Thu, Mar-27-03, 11:05

Plan: Atkins (customized)
Stats: 158/137/130
BF:
Progress: 75%

If you have a Shoppers Drug Mart I'd check there first. That's where I found mine (I'm in Vancouver though). Also, you'll find Atkin's bars, as well as other protein bars, at various health food stores. I'd suggest going through the yellow pages and making some calls.
  #4   ^
Old Thu, Mar-27-03, 11:15

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 221.8/221.8/155 Female 5’7”
BF:
Progress: 0%

Every once in a while I will have Doreen's Tuna Patties for breakfast (or any time of the day for that matter). You can make them up the night before and cook them in the morning. Some people said they even like them cold. I haven't tried reheating them, though that may be an option. I know that it's still eggs, but you could try having hard boiled for day's that you're on the run. Also, check out breakfast ideas under the recipe section. Some people make their own low carb bars and have had success with those. Here's some from Lisa K , just scroll down in her journal until you see the recipe. Here's another one for peanut butter protein bars . I haven't tried either one, but they sure sound good!

Lot's of luck!