Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Low Carb Health & Technical Forums > Nutrition & Supplements
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Sun, Nov-15-15, 16:45

Plan: Very Low Carb
Stats: 312/235/185 Male 66 inches
BF:
Progress: 61%

Weird -- my body temp dropped by a degree (lowest reading was 96.9). mostly 97.1 or 97.5 -- normal for me is 98.6

Makes me wonder if its and infection (some say it can lower your temp as well as raise it) or just a change in metabolism or hypotyroidism.

maybe all coincedence though.

Doctor will say its the diabetes but for the past year my blood sugars have been in the normal range.

Last edited by Whited : Sun, Nov-15-15 at 18:51.
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Sat, Nov-21-15, 23:25

Plan: Very Low Carb
Stats: 312/235/185 Male 66 inches
BF:
Progress: 61%

Just an update -- I went to the doctor the other day of course he said I should be on a prescription medication.

He said he was evidence based and I asked him if he's ever heard of Welch's book "Overdiagnosed" and of course he hadn't. I don't think he agrees with Welch that 140/90 is ok for someone my age (I'm 58).

I'm still running about 160/100 some (but not all) of the time. He told me to check it a couple of times a week for two weeks and then come get medication if not lower than135/85. I asked if it wouldn't be better to check 3 or 4 times a day but he said no need, just twice a week for two weeks.

I'd listen to any ideas any of you have but I think I'm going to up my excercise a bit (usually helps the BP in the short run already) while drinking Hibiscus tea 2 or maybe even 3 times a day and adding Hawthorn Berry (along with the supplements I'm already taking).

Then if in a month or so its averaging 160/100 I might go ahead and get some drugs, as much as I hate to. (I'd REALLY rather not but I guess that is pretty high and it is hard to know what to do)

Thanks for your input and if you have any other ideas please don't hesitate to share.

Dennis

Last edited by Whited : Sat, Nov-21-15 at 23:35.
  #3   ^
Old Sun, Nov-22-15, 03:33

Plan: very low carb real food
Stats: 245/125/135 Female 62
BF:
Progress: 109%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whited
He said he was evidence based and I asked him if he's ever heard of Welch's book "Overdiagnosed" and of course he hadn't.

I have come to hate that term "evidence based" as if the evidence that these medical guidelines are based on is all factual and not to be questioned. We know differently. I wish I had some words of wisdom for you but unfortunately I don't. It can be hard to know what to do, especially if you are going against the grain.

Jean