Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Daily Low-Carb Support > Atkins Diet
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Mon, Mar-24-03, 18:14
Registered Member

Plan: atkins
Stats: 184/156/125
BF:
Progress: 47%
Default Feel like I'm home again

Hello everyone,
I am back after a brief but disasterous hiatus. I had wonderful success with Atkins a few months back, but found myself cheating too often. So I decided to go back to WW which had worked for me in the past. Well after 2 mths of yoyoing around the same 5 pounds I decided I am coming back to Atkins. It's scary but I feel this is the only thing that works for me. Do I have some major weight loss resistance or what? Cutting calories just doesn't do it. As soon as I start cutting the carbs out. The pounds start melting away. I am young and really want to take care of my body and feel good about myself. Please help me get these 30 pounds off
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Mon, Mar-24-03, 18:20
Registered Member

Plan: Changed to Atkins from CAD
Stats: 273/261/160
BF:53%
Progress: 11%

Kitty5, bite your tongue! Counting calories! Not the atkins way at all. Did you re-read the book? sometimes it helps. I think WW has their hearts in the right place - I wish we had a LC WW - but I realise that even though the diet works for me, it is detrimental in the long run.
  #3   ^
Old Mon, Mar-24-03, 18:39

Plan: Bernstein Diabetes Soluti
Stats: 260/-/145 Female 5' 3"
BF:
Progress: 63%

Quote:
Originally posted by dfletcher
I wish we had a LC WW -

If you look at some of the very old (from the 70's) material from Weight Watchers, it was fairly low carb. At the very minimum, much lower carb than it is now. It was the low fat recommendations that caused them to start changing their plan and their menus to go along with what the "experts" recommended.
  #4   ^
Old Mon, Mar-24-03, 18:49

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 250/202/145
BF:
Progress: 46%

Lisa is right on that WW use to be low carb. I know this because my mom had many friends who were on it. She pretty much adapted that type of diet for our family.

Then my dad went on Atkins and we were a totally low carb family. Too bad I never listened to my parents when I left home. I jumped on the low fat bandwagon and after yo-yoing for many years, went up to 250+ pounds! Eeek!!

I agree Lisa, WW was on the right path and lost it like I did. I hope they revisit the past. Maybe they will once they see all of the good press and results from LC diets!