Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Daily Low-Carb Support > Atkins Diet
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Fri, Mar-14-03, 13:17

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 125/122/110
BF:
Progress: 20%
Default side effects on fatfast (yuck)

this is gross but I wonder if anyone has experienced this when upping fat: Although I'm not getting any fiber on fatfast, I'm having NO trouble staying regular, in fact, today I can't seem to stop. No cramps or anything...Anyone else been through this? I'm just trying to determine if its from upping fat or if I just have an upset stomach.

Another prob (w/regard to induction), I think I MAY be allergic to cheese. I've had a horrible stuufy/itchy nose lately and I'm not sick. I do suffer from allergies but they are never this bad. Any thoughts?
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Fri, Mar-14-03, 13:30
Registered Member

Stats: 150/130/115
BF:
Progress: 57%
Default Hello

Everything that is happening to you, is happening to me. I was told to delete cheese and nuts from my diet for a week or two. As far as going to the bathroom, I think it may be all the water that we are drinking. I'm not for sure. If you have the book on Dr Atkins new revolution on page 331 it goes to tell the affects of cheese. If you find out more info. please let me know.
Thanks,
  #3   ^
Old Fri, Mar-14-03, 13:38

BF:

Yeah, thats where I read about it (cheese), had I not read that, I would just think my allergy meds weren't working anymore. Have you tried giving up the cheese? I am going to do a search on "candidia" on the net and see what I get..I'll let you know.
  #4   ^
Old Fri, Mar-14-03, 13:43
Registered Member

Stats: 150/130/115
BF:
Progress: 57%
Default hello

I e-mailed Atkins support goup and really that how I found out about the cheese. Because I was tired all the time. I have been off cheese for a week and feel better. If you find out anything else please fill free to e-mail me at **********.

[Edit by forum moderator: Sorry, but your email address was removed from this post. It is against the forum rules to post email addresses. Thanks.]
  #5   ^
Old Fri, Mar-14-03, 13:47

BF:

The tough thing is that list symptoms of overgrowth of candida is huge and some of the symptoms would apply to almost anyone. I mean who doesn't "get irritable when hungary" or "feel tired" sometimes or "suffer from PMS". Surley EVERYONE suffers from some of the things on that list!
  #6   ^
Old Fri, Mar-14-03, 13:53

BF:

Try this link (not sure about their product but test seems interesting). What did you get?

http://www.aqua-flora.net/candida_y...ction_test.html

Probably have to cut & paste into your browser
  #7   ^
Old Fri, Mar-14-03, 14:00

Stats: 170/151/135 Female 5'6"
BF:?
Progress: 54%

sure, everybody has some of those symptoms sometimes... its an aggregate... do you suffer from most/all of the symptoms most/all the time?

I used to have candida, managed to recover with the help of my nautropathic doctor... way before i started LCing.

the LC diet should help immensely 'cause to stop candida you cut out all sugars... and avoid things that are yeasty or fermented, too... no pickles, vinegar, wine, miso, soya sauce etc etc.

#8   ^
Old Fri, Mar-14-03, 14:06
"Natural Mystic"

Stats: 178/108/120 Female 5' 1"
BF:45%/17%/15%
Progress: 121%

I think I will stay away from cheese after today. How did she test for candida? What else should we stay away from?

red
  #9   ^
Old Fri, Mar-14-03, 14:15

BF:

I tested for low-moderate candidia, meaning I suffered from 11 of the symptoms (out of like 50!) in the last year.
  #10   ^
Old Fri, Mar-14-03, 15:50
Don't dream it be it

Plan: Low Carb
Stats: 292.4/238.4/165 Female 70 inches
BF:
Progress: 42%

Depends on how long you've been doing the fat fast. (I'm going to assume you are doing the metabolic resistance program, not just upping fat since you said fatfast)

I woudn't recommend anyone do it for more than a day. Some people have done it for 3 days, and Atkins says no more than 5 days because it is deficient in protein.

You may very well be allergic to dairy.

Go to regular induction. Do not fat fast. Eat meats and greens and eggs, drink water, take supplements.

Don't abuse the fat fast, it is for people with true metablic resistances.

Beth