Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Daily Low-Carb Support > Atkins Diet
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Thu, Mar-13-03, 06:52

Plan: Low Carb My Way
Stats: 170/169/145 Female 65 inches
BF:
Progress: 4%
Thumbs up On a Roll - 4 lbs gone this week!

I just wanted to share that I lost 4 lbs since Sunday - - which is the fastest weight loss since Induction for me. I know some of you read my threads on how I am doing it, perhaps some will disagree, but I am ecstatic that I am getting closer to that goal weight and I owe it to dedication, some real hard core discipline and the determination to make goal by Summertime.

How I am doing it?

Keeping calories between 1200-1400
Keeping carbs (total) under 30
By eating more veggies/salads than protein
Typical daily ratio is 68/4/28
Typical daily protein is between 75-90
Water - upped my water by 8 oz to 88 oz a day but not more than 96.

As most of you know I have "tweaked" and experimented with this WOE to find what works for me - - sometimes it takes a while before you know your body and what works for you so BE PATIENT - - and be dedicated.

Whatever you want in life is within your grasp but you must be determined to grasp it. Good luck all!
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Thu, Mar-13-03, 07:14
Registered Member

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 148/143.8/125
BF:
Progress: 18%

Yvonne, good for you! I've just started Atkins...in my 7th day of induction, so I have a ways to go. I will weigh in on Saturday morning (I've managed to keep off the scales so far). Only one little slip during this time (I had a little orange juice last evening, as I felt I had to have some carb...I think my fat is really on a burn now).

Hope to have a good story to tell soon.
  #3   ^
Old Thu, Mar-13-03, 07:17
Slothy Superhero

Plan: Vegetarian Atkins
Stats: 165/145/125 Female 60 inches
BF:29/25.2/24
Progress: 50%

Congrats! Four pounds is a huge loss in a week.
  #4   ^
Old Thu, Mar-13-03, 08:51
SPOILED

Plan: Atkins Life Maintenance!
Stats: 184/152/154 Female 173 cm/5,8
BF:In right places...
Progress: 107%

Yvonne, this is wonderful! Congrats!!!

I'm doing pretty much like you and it works. I have noticed that more fresh veggies (NOT from a can!) give me the small amount of natural sugar, which keeps the cravings away.
Those veggies are a blessing!
Good luck!
Alina
  #5   ^
Old Thu, Mar-13-03, 08:53

Plan: atkins
Stats: 200/189/140
BF:
Default Oh happy days....

I started this WOE on Dec. 29th of '02. My first 2 weeks of induction went smooth and I lost 8 pounds. Over the following 2 weeks I lost 3 more pounds. Talk about excited...every "diet" I had tried in the past I would lose 5-7 pounds and stall, give up, hate myself, but vow to find another way.
After starting this WOE and actually losing more weight, in a relatively short period of time...eating foods I LOVE, I was SOLD!!!
Now, after my 4th week...I gained around 5-6 pounds back. Still eating induction levels. I "tweaked" my diet several different ways...less calories, more calories, more fat, more protien, more carbs, less carbs...I have been making myself CRAZY!
I posted here last week about getting discouraged, and I cannot express what everyones support and encouragement mean to me.
Okay...so now for MY happy day.
I went to my local health food store on 2 days ago and the owner (former body builder that has been in the business for over 20 years) already knows I am LCing. I told him that I have not only stopped losing weight, I have gained some back.
I told him exactly what I have been eating, my activity levels, etc. He told me that most likely, along with insulin resistant, I may also be metabolically resistant. GREAT...another hurtle.
Any way...he sold me for 1/2 price a bottle of Diet Fuel. Just a 10 day supply, and he wants me to come back in 10 days so we can see if it works. (He also lowered the dosage to 2 caps per meal rather than 3)
WELL...(sorry, I know I am droning on!) I am happy to say that it has helped. In 2 days I have lost 4 pounds. I feel great. I feel more energized. I am ready to kick some butt...and lose mine!!!
One thing I WOULD like to recommend...find a small Mom & Pop health food store where they are knowledgable. Most of the franchises like GNC hire young kids for minimum wage that are clueless. Find one you trust and confide in them what you are doing. They will be willing to help you over the rough spots and they will also cheer you on when you jump those hurtles.

Good luck to all...and thank you for being there for me.
  #6   ^
Old Thu, Mar-13-03, 09:04

Plan: atkins
Stats: 200/189/140
BF:

Sorry...I meant to post that as a new thread....
  #7   ^
Old Thu, Mar-13-03, 10:09

Plan: The Metabolic Diet
Stats: 155/149/125 Female 5'7
BF:25/22/16
Progress: 20%

Hi Yvonne

GREAT job.. you have been really comitted it seems. I find that even just a few little changes can spark a whoosh! I myself am trying atkins for the second time and its week 2 for me. I"ve decided to eliminate artificial sweetners, processed foods, deli meant, hotdogs, bacon and all soft drinks. I think I will see much better results!

KEEP it UP

Piera
  #8   ^
Old Thu, Mar-13-03, 11:04

Plan: Atkins / Curves
Stats: 182.0/182.0/150 Female 5'6"
BF:27.2
Progress: 0%

Yvonne - congratulations - what a great feeling. I'm doing the same as you - my calories no higher than 1500 and my carbs 20 - 25 and it's working. I'm going to lowering my calories soon to your level as my weight is dropping.

Vikki
  #9   ^
Old Mon, Mar-31-03, 23:36

Plan: South Beach
Stats: 189/187/124 Female 60.75 inches
BF:
Progress: 3%
Thumbs up

Congrats!

But I only have one other thing to say: ppppbbbbtttthhhh! That's a raspberry, in case you didn't know. All in good fun.
  #10   ^
Old Tue, Apr-01-03, 06:52

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 281/260/140
BF:
Progress: 15%
Talking

congrats!! It sounds like you're doing so well!! Keep it up!