Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Low-Carb Products
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Wed, Feb-19-03, 10:59
Reinventing Myself

Plan: Doctor's Plan
Stats: */*/* Female 5 ft 3 in
BF:
Progress: 77%
Question If You Could Only Buy One Product...

Hi Everyone...

I am on a limited budget. I have been looking through all these low carb products that are out there and I have been dying to try them. Alas...I cant afford to get everything I want, especially when I am not sure if I will like it!

If you had to pick only one LC product that you could have on a regular basis...what would it be and why?

Thanks!

~Michelle
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Wed, Feb-19-03, 11:34
Registered Member

Plan: atkins
Stats: 195/155/158 Female 62"
BF:
Progress: 108%

The first thing I would get are the Ketostix. They really help you keep on track.

Next, I would get the Atkins blueberry muffins. I make it in a loaf and toast it for breakfast in the morning. If I need a dessert, I use it under some sweetened strawberries and whipped cream.

Does anyone know the cheapest place to get the mixes? I still have not found Atkins baking mix.

Good luck!!
  #3   ^
Old Wed, Feb-19-03, 20:31

Plan: atkins/bernstien
Stats: 450/389/150
BF:
Progress: 20%
Default Products

Hi michelle,
I have tried a lot of good ones and just as many bad. I do use the atkin's bars, when i'm away from home, and also when i feel a binge coming on. a bar and a dt. pepsi usually does the trick.
almond brownie is my favorite, also some of the other brands in
cookies and cream.
the mt. olive sugar free pickles are wonderful.
also soy flour, I loved fried chicken drumettes, and these are really good. add some salt, pepper and spices to flour before flouring chicken
I buy this at a mennonite store. I have even bought dryed soy beans and grounded my own.
decarber
  #4   ^
Old Sat, Feb-22-03, 20:06
Reinventing Myself

BF:

Thank you so much decarber and jellyfissh. This helps me a lot!

~Michelle
  #5   ^
Old Sun, Feb-23-03, 08:38

Stats: 125/115/110
BF:
Progress: 67%

Hi Jellyfissh,

Trader Joe's has the best prices for the Atkins muffin mixes. I used to shop at their Tempe, AZ location and they have the blueberry,lemon-poppyseed, and brownie mixes for $3.99. They also carry Atkins ready-to-drink shakes, baking mix, food for life low-carb bread, lots of great cheeses, meats, nuts, great dips (crab and grilled artichoke & parmesan are my fave!), and lots of other neat stuff. They used to carry low-carb whole wheat tortillas, but they didn't have them when I was there last week.
I recently moved, but whenever I go back to visit I always stock up.

FYI-- Some of the other locations may or may not have the same items, and sometimes they run out etc... You can visit their website at www.traderjoes.com to see if there is a location near you.

Also, if you live in Arizona, the LowCarbMall has 3 locations in AZ. They have EVERYTHING low-carb you can think of. I bought the Flax-o-meal butter pecan hot cereal (4 bags) ~ $7.99 a piece. I absolutely love the flax-o-meal hot cereal!! I really like the pancake mix they make too.

I also tried some of the low-carb rye bread that the LowCarbMall carries and it's really good. The website on the bread packaging is www.lowcardepotonline.com

It's expensive though, so I won't be buying it on a regular basis. Plus, I live in the Midwest now and its harder to find low-carb items here.

#6   ^
Old Mon, Feb-24-03, 00:50

Stats: 270/189/150 Female 61
BF:
Progress: 68%
Smile

if i could only buy one product i would buy the atkins bread mixes, I use them in my bread machine and they have turned out to be pretty good. We like them better than the frozen low carb bread.
So far we have tried the country white mix and the sourdough mix and both were pretty good. Especially for me because the low carb bread makes it seem like i am not giving up bread altogether.
I found the mixes at our local Top Food store, a chain store similar to safeway.
linda
  #7   ^
Old Mon, Feb-24-03, 17:52
Registered Member

Plan: Atkins, under 30/day
Stats: 335/289/185
BF:
Progress: 31%

My current favorite low-carb product is Blue Bunny's Sweet Freedom ice cream treats. 6 carbs for an ice cream bar - YUM!
  #8   ^
Old Thu, Mar-13-03, 01:25
Registered Member

Plan: Protein Power
Stats: 307/168/155
BF:
Progress: 91%

If there was ONE product that I could afford and have all the time it would be Low Carb Success Flaxomeal Granola (cinnamon nutrageous). The stuff is phenominal and I can sell it all day long just by sampling a small cup of it to customers, its truly THAT good I kid you not. Just a FYI, LowcarbMall is where I work in Arizona and we now have 9 stores in the state and remember the name, you'll see it nationally someday almost guaranteed, I work at Tempe store number 1 and we do internet orders from that store (just put a www and a .com on the above name and your there, not a plug, but since the place was mentioned....)

Kindest Regards,

LoneInAz
  #9   ^
Old Thu, Mar-13-03, 05:20
Reinventing Myself

BF:

LOL...thanks!

I need a good LC place in NEW JERSEY!!!

~Michelle