Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Low Carb Health & Technical Forums > Tips and Stalls
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Tue, Mar-11-03, 21:38

Plan: atkins
Stats: 280/258/195
BF:
Progress: 26%
Unhappy stalled 3 months

I have been on Atkins 7 months. I lost 22pounds the first two and nothing since. Several friends have lost well but I cannot. I tried more exersize and coral calcium. Any thoughts? I eat two or three meals a day all meat fish or chicken. A salad with limited dressing once a week and a few steamed vegies a week. I drink mostly decaf coffee and some sodas and water. I take a multi vitamin each day. My health is great, the diet seems to be realy good for me, but I am not loosing. I have gone from a tight 40 to a loose 40 but cannot get to a 38. HELP!!!!
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Wed, Mar-12-03, 08:19
Starting Over!

Plan: Protein Power LifePlan
Stats: 182/178/150 Female 67 inches
BF:Jiggley mess
Progress: 13%

Quote:
I eat two or three meals a day all meat fish or chicken. A salad with limited dressing once a week and a few steamed vegies a week.
It's quite apparent that you are not getting enough fat, enough vegetables or enough calories. Have you ever read the Atkins book? I'd first suggest that you (re)read it and try following the plan as written.
  #3   ^
Old Wed, Mar-12-03, 10:00
Lover of Life

Plan: General Low Carb
Stats: 233/169/160 Female 5'4"
BF:
Progress: 88%

Mystic

I agree with TeriDoodle, you have to fuel your body to lose. What have you been doing differently since your first two months on Atkins?

Seeing your daily menus might help us to help you. Thought of starting a journal?

HN
  #4   ^
Old Wed, Mar-12-03, 10:57

Plan: atkins
Stats: 280/258/195
BF:
Progress: 26%
Unhappy eating right

I tried what is in the book when I stalled three months ago and gained weight. This is how I have been maintaining weight. Normal day 7:30 I eat small amount of beef and take my vitamin with a cup of decaf. 12:00 Some chicken roasted and water with decaf. 6:00 A peice of salmond baked with seasoning and drink.

This only varies when I have a salad or steamed vegies. I do have a hand full of nuts or pork rines if I have to work late in lue of a meal.
  #5   ^
Old Wed, Mar-12-03, 11:13
Starting Over!

Plan: Protein Power LifePlan
Stats: 182/178/150 Female 67 inches
BF:Jiggley mess
Progress: 13%

Well, I am sorry to tell you that this is NOT a healthy diet. While you may maintain or even lose weight on this, it will be short term. You are not getting enough fat, calories or nutrients to achieve health. A healthy body is one that is balanced and that will maintain a healthy weight all on its own....in time. You are only managing to damage your metabolism at this point and any future attempts to eat normally will result in weight gain.

My advice to you is to go back to Atkins (or any other good LC plan) and stick to it as written.....yes, even if you stall, and even if you gain weight. It is quite common to have periods where you gain weight as your body goes through a healing process... your weight loss might stall, but your body is building muscle and increasing bone mass. You may even retain water as your body begins to detoxify.

If Atkins writing isn't enough to convince you that you NEED calories AND FAT, I suggest you pick up Protein Power and Schwarzbein Principle. Keep reading and educate yourself thoroughly!!

In the meantime, add good fats and vegetables to your diet....starting today!!
  #6   ^
Old Wed, Mar-12-03, 11:24
Lover of Life

Plan: General Low Carb
Stats: 233/169/160 Female 5'4"
BF:
Progress: 88%

Here! Here!

HN