Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Daily Low-Carb Support > Atkins Diet
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Tue, Mar-11-03, 14:22
Registered Member

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 270/232/145
BF:
Progress: 30%
Talking If I drink any more water I'm gonna float away...

I just had to share.. I feel like a beached whale at the moment way toooo much water! LOL Is it possible to drink too much water??? LOL Gosh I hope not that's pretty much all I drink.

Anyway just felt like venting about my tummy bursting and me floating down the river it is going to provide when it bursts!!!

Have a great day!
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Tue, Mar-11-03, 14:28

Plan: South Beach
Stats: 135/123.0/120 Female 5 feet 2 inches
BF:
Progress: 80%

No, I don't think it's possible to drink too much water. What your body doesn't need, will come out through urination. Just think of how beautiful (and not dry) your skin must be. Also, water helps everything along, even weight loss.
  #3   ^
Old Tue, Mar-11-03, 14:39

Stats: 177/145/135 Female 68 inches
BF:
Progress: 76%
Default never enough

Just drinking your weight in water everyday will help you lose up to 5 pounds in a week.
  #4   ^
Old Tue, Mar-11-03, 14:49
Starting Over!

Plan: Protein Power LifePlan
Stats: 182/178/150 Female 67 inches
BF:Jiggley mess
Progress: 13%

Drink MORE!! Drink MORE!!
  #5   ^
Old Tue, Mar-11-03, 15:21
Registered Member

Stats: 310/250/160
BF:
Progress: 40%
Default Water

How much volume are you drinking? I do not agree that there is no limit on how much you should drink daily. You can deplete minerals and especially potassium with too much water. If you are drinking the approximately 64 ounces recommended, that should be enough. We are all different in our needs. If you are just not accustomed to drinking that much water, you will get used to it as you go. Try to sip it through the day and not drink large amounts all at once. That might help.
  #6   ^
Old Tue, Mar-11-03, 15:42
Registered Member

Stats: 270/232/145
BF:
Progress: 30%

I drink about 120 oz a day have for over two years so I'm used to it. Some days though I just feel like bursting. So I just wanted to share.
  #7   ^
Old Tue, Mar-11-03, 17:00
Registered Member

Stats: 275/241/140
BF:
Progress: 25%
Default it is possible

Not to scare anyone but it is possible to drink to much water

http://www.hhp.ufl.edu/keepingfit/A...omuchwater.htm.

This site gives an explanation
But I think this would be an extreme case. In Ohio recently there was a case of a runaway boy with lots of emotional problems. He actually drank so much water he had convulsions. Like I said this is not to scare anyone at all. Just wanted to let you know that a medical condition exists for over hydrating( if thats the right term). But I am sure what we all drink here is right for our bodies. Bodies are good about that kind of thing, letting you know when you've had enough. With the exception of those evil carbs Ellen

P.S The Doc. with a column in my paper says if your pee is clear you are drinking plenty
  #8   ^
Old Tue, Mar-11-03, 17:03
Registered Member

Stats: 275/241/140
BF:
Progress: 25%
Default of course

my link is not working lets try again
http://www.hhp.ufl.edu/keepingfit/A...oomuchwater.htm

If that doesn't work use a search engine and search too much water a bunch of references should come up Ellen
  #9   ^
Old Tue, Mar-11-03, 17:06
Registered Member

Stats: 256/211/165
BF:
Progress: 49%

Geel, you are right, you can drink too much water. We've had this discussion on other boards...

I'm different from most, I find that drinking my body weight in water actually slows down my weight loss...so I stick to one or two glasses a day.

Gail