Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Countdowns, Buddies & Challenges
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Mon, Mar-03-03, 22:20
Registered Member

Plan: atkins
Stats: 216/211/180 Female 65 inches
BF:
Progress: 14%
Cool Looking for a buddy to lose 30-50 lbs

Height.......5'4
Frame.......... large
How long have you been low-carbing?......just staring now
Which plan do you follow?....Atkins
Weight and or/size at start of lc plan......180 lbs size 16
Current weight and/or size..............177 lbs, size 16
Goal weight and/or size....130 lbs, any size under 10

female 22, student graduating with an engineering devry...ummmm, used be be able to lose weight anytime, stressed kicked in....trying this diet and keeping a journal..

March goal: starting walking again (waiting for weather to warm up), lose 10-15 lbs......and lose 2 times as much by April 23 (my B-Day!!)

Anyone interested?
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Sun, Mar-09-03, 16:26

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 204/176/130
BF:?
Progress: 38%

Hi,
I'd buddy up with you....I'm not sure what you want to do....but we have fairly similar stats.

I started Atkins on Jan 7th.

I am a full time grad student in Physical Therapy in NY (graduate in August!)

I would love to get down to btwn 130 and 140 eventually.

I currently am at 180 (I'm 5'7") and size 12-16, depending.

I am 22 and my b-day is April 22nd

My mini goal is to drop 20-25 pounds by July 12th (my brothers wedding)

-Cheryl
  #3   ^
Old Sun, Mar-09-03, 16:50
Registered Member

Stats: 216/211/180 Female 65 inches
BF:
Progress: 14%

You're only a day older!!!!!!!

Basically, we can give each other support, since we want to weigh about the same...

Another thing I found good was keeping a journal... that is where I post the most so that I can keep everything organized.... I noticed your success so far, how was induction for you and do you find that your weight loss is slowing down?
  #4   ^
Old Sun, Mar-09-03, 17:41

Ok, well, I just started a journal....will add more when finals are through (Tuesday)

Induction was alright. I did it for the 2 weeks and then added more carbs via veggies. I ate (and still do) alot of tuna, chicken, and ground turkey. Now I eat from 20-35 carbs/day. More carbs are almost always in the form of veggies. Sometimes I have jello made with 1/2cup heavy cream so its more like a creamy jello. I like it...good treat if want something sweet. I rarely find myself wanting anything sweet....I drink about 3-4L water/day. For the past 2 weeks, my weight has been the same, but I think it's just a hump to get over b/c I weight 180 for several years. Exercising should push me over. Also, I guess my body is trying to catch up with me.

What I need to get myself into is exercising.....I'm GREAT when classes just start, but after about 3 weeks (I have 12 credits/10 weeks) there is so much to do and in my little spare time, I'd rather do something else. I want to start doing Tae-Bo again. I also have a therapy ball to work on.

Good luck!

-Cher
  #5   ^
Old Thu, Mar-13-03, 14:14
Registered Member

Stats: 174/145/130
BF:
Progress: 66%

hoping i can get in onthe chat ive been stuck at 150 ish for approx 6 mos but my starting weight on atkins was the same as both of u gals my first 20 was easy but now ive been stuck since dec am border line sz 12 -10 10 being nice and snug 12 being comfy. the first 20 with out exercising so now am breaking down and started walk at lunch nice weather helps any tips u can share i would love and heres my guilt free treat whip cream with my decaf coffee and splenda is so good also one of the thingsi did was if i broke down and cheated then i would cheatt he whole day very bad know u can make a booo boo and still move on good luck ladies
  #6   ^
Old Fri, Mar-14-03, 12:33

Hi! Welcome...sure you can join in on the chat! I've been stuck at 180ish for awhile....hopefull that will pass soon....aye!! I hate being stuck. I am thinking about starting induction again tomorrow and doing it for at least 1 week. Maybe the peanuts did it to me? I don't know.
These past few days, I've added walking, so that it good.

Good luck!

Cher
  #7   ^
Old Fri, Mar-14-03, 20:41
"Natural Mystic"

Stats: 178/108/120 Female 5' 1"
BF:45%/17%/15%
Progress: 121%

Hi YoungGal, Cher & Crysanthem! I started Atkins on Feb 19, 2003 and then I decided to try the BFL challenge and started it on Monday (March 10th). I am finding it very tough. Right now my legs are in so much pain from a workout that I did on Wednesday. I joined a gym yesterday.

I would like to lose 52 more pounds and lower my body fat in the process and tone. I am short, just 5 feet.

I have gained two pounds since my TOM is due but hopefully it will leave as soon as my TOM is done.

I am 24, live in Toronto. Right now my carbs are at 20 g most of the time but I have such low enrgy since I started BFL so I am considering increasing them.

The weather is starting to warm up here so I will do more walking.

Be safe
red

Last edited by red1cutie : Fri, Mar-14-03 at 20:48.
  #8   ^
Old Sat, Mar-15-03, 17:21

Hi Red. How is BFL? Did you get the book? How do you like BFL? I need to get back to exercising again. If you are exercising alot, you probably do need a little more than 20 carb/day.

Good luck!

Cher
  #9   ^
Old Wed, Mar-19-03, 09:59
Registered Member

Stats: 225/184/135 Female 61
BF:
Progress: 46%
Smile Hi

I'm glad to find a thread with other women around my age; it's good to have support. I'm 26, and I've been doing this for about 6 months now. I have my good days, and my bad...I find it gets a little easier, but you still have to work at keeping up your enthusiasm and vigilance. The most encouraging thing is the weight loss -- I started at 225, and I'm now 162 or so.

I'm going to be the Maid of Honor is my best friend's wedding this August, and for the first time, I'm feeling ok about the dress! My main goal now is getting back to the gym I already joined, and actually using it this time. I've been taking off weight slowly and steadily, but I think exercise would speed up the process. I'd also like to hear more about BFL.

It's nice to meet you all!

Nancy
  #10   ^
Old Wed, Mar-19-03, 16:31

Nancy,
Wow!! that is so awesome that you have gone from 225 to 162! Congratulations!! Is that your loss from only Atkins in 6 months? Wow!! That is so great! I bet your psyched for the wedding.
Have you done any type of exercise program during the past 6 months? How many carbs are you eating now? Sorry to bombard you with questions!!
I am in my brother's wedding in July and hope to be about 20 pounds lighter by then (as is, my Mom is going to have a bucnh of alterations for my dress!)
This past week, I just restarted induction to get me going again b/c I had been stuck for a few weeks and figured it was a good thing to do. I also started walking about 2 miles/day...it is getting nicer out, but still COLD with the wind!

It was nice meeting you!

Cher
  #11   ^
Old Sat, Mar-22-03, 09:35

Plan: The Metabolic Diet
Stats: 155/149/125 Female 5'7
BF:25/22/16
Progress: 20%
Default HEY Red!

Hey Red!!

I'm from Toronto too! I need to lose about twenty pounds. Its been soo frustrating because I've lost no weight on induction. Its almost week 3 and i almost lost hope. BUt I won't give up .

I really want this. But its depressing when u feel your doing everyhting as the plan indicates and you don't see results. But I must mention the second week I was on induction It was TOM for me, but I wnated to at least experience some water loss!

I 'm hoping to lose 20 pounds, be a size 5/6 and feel more energetic.

People tell me that I don't have alot to lose so it will take more time. BUt to me 15-20 pounds is a significant amount of weight. That being said I am determined to lose some dress sizes. WHatever it takes. So Red what do u do for a living?

Piera